Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 405 (Who?), Viewed: 68665 times.
Page 17 of 17
Lab Assistant
#401 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:52 AM
Sims 4...
-I love the interactions, build mode, multi-tasking...
-The CC is cute!
-TODDLERS ARE FREAKING ADORABLE
-I hate how squishy the towns are. I wish the towns were more like Sims 2. I hate the fact that creators can't create new towns.
-Creating Sims is just s o m u c h e f f o r t
-I get bored within 5 minutes

Sims 3
-Problematic fave
-I can spend hours playing
-Slow. Laggy. Annoying.
-So. Pretty.
-Story Progression is great if you're lazy like me
-Unless you're a toddler or YA, you're ugly

Sims 2
-I love the cartoony look of the Sims
-I love the fact there's so many hobbies!
-I hate rotational play.
-You can build towns!
-You can make the world whatever you want it to be!
-Random adoption!
-Crazy genetics!
-The small details are great
Test Subject
#402 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 1:36 AM
I have only played sims 4, but I've seen sims 3 and 2 gameplay and they look a lot better than sims 4 tbh, but I don't feel like dumping my money into them lol
Lab Assistant
#403 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 5:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I like sims 4
I have only played sims 4, but I've seen sims 3 and 2 gameplay and they look a lot better than sims 4 tbh, but I don't feel like dumping my money into them lol

If you buy the basegame of TS2 you can get the complete collection for free on Origin if you contact EA. It's insanely cheap for all the content and hours of fun you're going to get from it
Lab Assistant
#404 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 5:50 AM Last edited by ZeroG667 : 29th Jul 2017 at 9:50 PM.
Okay, here goes my rant...
I consider TS2 and TS3 to be way, waaaay better than The Sims 4. Why? There are a LOT of reasons:

-I think the Sims in TS2 have the most personality out of all of the Sims games, even TS4. In 4 they just look dumb with all the stupid, repetitive and silly animations they make.
The "personality" of the Sims in TS4 just breaks when you see them do the same animation over and over again for everything(Like asking questions, talking, etc.) They feel like robots after you do 3 or more interactions. TS2 and TS1 had unique animations for almost everything.

-Now, attention to detail: TS4 lacks this(Sims disappearing instead of actually getting inside elevators, no cars, no detail at all). The Sims 2 had a lot of this, like Sims getting inside cars, chairs reacting to Sims' weight and the surface they were placed on changed the noises they did, etc.

-Graphics: TS4's graphics are extremely dated, it looks like a 2005 game. You can have a cartoony art style AND good graphics at the same time, just look at Pixar. The textures are insanely low res and models ridiculously low poly. In my opinion, the graphics in TS3 worked, just needed more polishing and better face models.

-Content: The basegame of TS4 is not enjoyable and lacks content, even more than the previous iterations. The expansion packs are lazy and recycled from previous games, unlike TS3 and TS2 which had unique and big packs. Get To Work is just Ambitions but with less jobs, Fitness stuff? Really?, Vampires is an extremely watered down version of Supernatural(Only contains vampires), etc.

-Family play: In TS2 you actually feel like you are playing a family, and it's very good at it. In TS4 it's just dull... Feels like a bunch of random people living in the same house.

-Genetics: TS2 had very in depth and well made genetics, not like TS3 and TS4.

Linear-ness: TS4 feels very linear, you have to unlock everything and have a lot of goals. While it's cool to have something to do, it's dumb that everybody wants to achieve the same thing. Want to be a writer? You have to complete a pre-defined set of the same goals as every other writer...

-Open World(TS3).

-Create-A-Style(TS3).

-Creating your own worlds in TS2 and TS3.

-The Relationship system in TS3 and TS4 got dumbed down. I liked the lifetime and daily relationship meters on TS2 and TS1.

-Wants and Fears in TS2.

-(This is a matter of personal taste) I think TS3 has the best sountrack out of all The Sims games, and a lot of the songs, specially the town view ones, are very nostalgic. While the soundtrack in TS4 fits the game, it's boring and kind of uninspired.

-TS4 has no potential to get better than TS3 or TS2 ever simply because it's core/engine is already too limited(No open world, no cars, etc.).
I like that it runs better than the previous games, but it's still buggy and my oldest savegame started lagging after a while.

TS4 feels like a quick, lazy, half assed cash grab, even more than the TS3 basegame.
The Sims 2 never gets old, i still play it after all these years, along with TS3. The unchallenging always partying simulator that TS4 is doesn't appeal to me. I like having a family and watch them develop and grow up and i can't do that with TS4.
There are some other reasons why i think TS4 is the worst in the series but, i don't want to make this reply too long.

The Sims 2 > The Sims 3 > The Sims 4 > The Sims 1
Test Subject
#405 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 12:47 AM Last edited by BluePandaGuy8 : 15th Nov 2017 at 1:02 AM.
Well, I installed TS3, however, I could not see custom content displayed. I would not play Sims 3 without Custom Contents. Sims 3 would probably be the best game with custom content.

I used to play Sims 1 with cc, but no expansion, no long beards. The best was rejuvenation item to refill all needs.

TS4 became my best friend. I had to uninstall which is not playable. I have to deal with crashes and errors when with Custom Contents. It was very fun with custom traits which would give immortality. But after I downloaded C&D, custom traits were blocked until I had to see the future patch. Immortality Aspiration reward the custom content is what I want it for TS4.

I am wishing for TS2 to be as good as it is.
Field Researcher
#406 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:56 PM
I've been digging my heels in and playing TS2 for 13 years. It will forever be my favorite and I will play it until my computer no longer runs it!
I recently played the 48 hour free trial of TS4 and got sucked in and purchased during the black Friday sale. I love the level of customization. What I really wish for is a version that is an amalgamation of 2 & 4... Any stubborn TS2 players have suggestions for mods that can make that possible in some part?
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
25th Nov 2017 at 5:03 PM
This message has been deleted by selfmadequeen. Reason: Double post
Page 17 of 17