Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drama Queen Trait

by Thedarkgod Posted 30th Apr 2015 at 1:57 AM - Updated 7th Jan 2021 at 1:35 AM by Thedarkgod : Update

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 4:28 AM
Can't wait to try it out. Too bad they couldn't have physical fits and conniptions like in Sims3.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st May 2015 at 4:43 AM
How do i creat a trait?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:44 AM
I need this for my Sim :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st May 2015 at 7:07 PM
Awesome trait! glad that you didnt set their mood by default like other traits that make "a sim dazed all the time" it kinda annoys me tbh :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kris0211
Awesome trait! glad that you didnt set their mood by default like other traits that make "a sim dazed all the time" it kinda annoys me tbh :D

Thanks you, I don't tend to reply to the praise I receive, but it always brings a smile to my face to see that people like what I do.
I agree, when I create traits I try to make them fit with the vanilla traits as much as the concept will allow, not only does those sort of trait clash with that sort of design, but they also tend to be annoying to play mechanically.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by milesimo
How do i creat a trait?

What I do is that I design the traits with The Sims 4 Buff and Trait Factory, and then convert the files it outputs with S4PE.
There is a lack of documentation for a lot of the Buff and Trait Factory, so if you or any one else has any questions regarding any specific features you can message me and I will answer them to the best of my abilities.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd May 2015 at 5:43 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd May 2015 at 8:39 PM
Hey put "Advanced Labido" up on here too pls?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th May 2015 at 5:39 PM
I love it!!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th May 2015 at 2:38 AM
very cool, needed something like this! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th May 2015 at 1:04 AM
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:02 PM
Hey, I'm also a modmaker and I use Sims 4 Buff and Trait Factory, but how do you make a buff?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th May 2015 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SullyGaming
Hey, I'm also a modmaker and I use Sims 4 Buff and Trait Factory, but how do you make a buff?

First of all you choose the grade to which the buff will effect the Sims emotion under buff template, I would personally recommend not to go above 3, usually 1 tends to be enough.
You also want to choose yes under buff visible.

Then under Emotions-Default you choose the emotion the buff affects. At the bottom of Autonomy-Commodity Advertising you can also choose what other emotions it might boost in combination with other buffs.
Mostly all changes will work the same way they do with traits except that they will be temporary, with whims being the exception.

You then choose the duration of the Buff under Standalone Buff Options.

When you are done tweaking the Buff to your liking (and give it a nice name and description if you haven't done so already) you export it as a buff to a folder of your liking.
If you are making the buff for something other than a Trait this is the step where you are finished with the Buff and Traits Factory.

If you want to use the Buff in a Trait you create a trait, go to Occasional Buffs, and then click on Refresh Project Buffs and choose the folder where you exported your buff.
The buff should now pop up in the menu below, where you select it and add it.

In the Trait you now go to Occasional Buff Options and choose timing and chance. When you tweak these options it is important to remember that the numbers represent one in-game minute, which represents a second for the player.
When it comes to the Wait to Apply option it really depends on what your buff represents, if you have a long duration you should generally go for a longer wait time. The maximum wait should generally be around twice that of the minimum.
Wait initial is meant to give some extra time after the player starts playing, you really don't have to mess with this if you don't want to, the default values are usually fine.
When it comes to the chance for the Buff to apply after this wait I would strongly suggest not going above 70, unless you are going for something that is supposed to happen periodically in a uniform fashion.
Now just make your trait like any other and you are all set to go.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th May 2015 at 2:49 AM
This so awesome. I can't wait to try it out. Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th May 2015 at 10:05 PM
thanks for sharing it's great! can you put advanced libido up also??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st May 2015 at 2:13 PM
tharks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:52 AM
Thank you. :)
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aaronisak

Please do
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 7:31 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:08 AM
Thanks for sharing this trait. Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 3:44 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 11:56 PM
need this for my teenage sims lol
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aaronisak

Yes!! Where is that from?
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 10:50 AM
Very creative! I might use this. It's pretty cool looking.
Page 1 of 2