Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ModPod/TeenDreams Bed Frames

by plasticbox Posted 5th May 2015 at 2:31 AM - Updated 18th Jun 2015 at 3:17 PM by plasticbox

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:05 AM
Great Job :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th May 2015 at 10:34 PM
Love it!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th May 2015 at 11:41 AM
For some reason I can't do homework on my teen with the double one installed, but the single is fine. All your other bed frames and mattresses (Just downloaded them so I had to check them too.) are fine.But for some reason the double mod pod borks it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2015 at 11:49 AM
Do you mean they can’t do homework when sitting on a bed, or homework in general? And how do you mean “installed” .. that it becomes unavailable when that package is in your mods folder (even when you aren’t using the bedframe on the lot), or specifically when a teen is sitting on the XY mattress with the double modpod underneath it? If it’s the latter, can you check whether or not they can do homework on a regular Maxis double mod pod?

Also, have you tested this without other CC?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th May 2015 at 12:37 PM Last edited by jeepjeepcat : 6th May 2015 at 1:30 PM. Reason: finished checking
Can't do homework full stop and it seems to work on it's own so I'm dumping back in my mod folders one by one to figure out what it's conflicting with. I'll post again when I've figured it out (I did this last night because of the testing cheats change with the patch, I think I've got that figured out though).

edit - After checking through everything... Nothing is causing it to misbehave. I'm just fiddling he debug mod to get testing cheats back on which entails a couple of restarts so I'll check its not that.

edit 2 - teens can do their homework fine when it's installed but the homework action borks immediately when I put the frame on the lot. Removing the frame fixes the homework issue immediately. How strange. I guess I'll have to recheck my mods with the frame on the lot to see what's going on. I'll just do a quick just this cc test with the frame out

edit 3 - with just the frame installed (no other cc or mods) it was fine, the minute I put it down on the lot the homework borked. So it's either a maxis bug like the cooking and your bedframe is being unlucky, or for whatever reason your bedframe and my game don't get on! Since it seems to be just me I wouldn't sweat it, there's probably something daft going on in my game that it doesn't like
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th May 2015 at 1:23 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 6th May 2015 at 2:30 PM.
By “it seems to work on it's own” you mean when you only have this mod in, there is no problem, yes?

Next time, please check which mod is or is not causing an issue *before* you post in a download thread. Thank you.

Edit: Cross-posted with your edits. Not sure if I misunderstood .. did you mean the *game* works fine “on it's own” (with no CC installed that is)? Anyhow since you seem to be doing more testing, I’ll check back later.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th May 2015 at 1:37 PM Last edited by jeepjeepcat : 6th May 2015 at 1:41 PM. Reason: clarity
The game works fine with all stuff installed as long as the bedframe isn't actually placed on the lot. Even when your bedframe is the only cc/mod installed homework works fine until I place the frame on the lot and then it borks. I have run out of things to move/test since even on it's own (no other cc/mods) placing it stops homework being done. As I said in my last edit (which I'm guessing you posted before) since it's just me don't worry about it, the other frames and mattresses work fine (I have a few on my lot and homework is un affected).

edit - for clarity I have placed the other frames (including the single mod pod) on the lot and no issues with homework.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:26 PM
OK; thanks for the clarification. Yes at first I only saw your original post before, not the edits, that’s why I was confused. I’ll look into it next time I have the game open – it’s theoretically possible that I ended up with a resource ID that already exists and is homework related (so that now I’m accidentially overriding something I shouldn’t); right now I wouldn’t know what that would be but since the object is not complicated it should be easy to find. Thank you.

Test Subject
#10 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:56 PM
Hi, I am having a problem with the bed frame as well. As soon as it is on the lot my Sims cannot properly use their fridge. When I choose -> open and select the food the Sim resets. The same happens after cooking a meal when a Sim tries to grab the plate. At first I didn't even think about a possible connection but after taking out all my mods and putting them back in group by group, the bed frames (I was using the double one) seem to be the cause. As soon as I delete them from the lot everything works fine again.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:59 PM
Found and fixed ‒ @jeepjeepcat , thanks for the heads-up! That was a really dumb mistake: I had forgotten to change the tuning reference in the double frame, so it still thought it was a bed when it wasn't .. I guess what happened in your game is that as soon as you tell a teen to do homework (and probably other things too that involve sitting on something), the game goes to check for suitable things to sit on, sees the bedframe falsely claiming to be one of those things, and then it drops everything on the floor when it discovers it actually isn't one. Thankfully, this was easy to find =P.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th May 2015 at 3:00 PM
@AmbyParkin please also try the new version ‒ it's very likely that this was the same issue.

(As a result of the wrong tuning, that bed frame also had pie menu options it shouldn't have had (Sleep and so on) -- when you see that kind of thing in a custom object, that's actually a dead giveaway for borken/wrong tuning references. This is likely to cause issues. I just didn't notice that myself since I never even tried to click on that frame with a sim .. )

Test Subject
#13 Old 6th May 2015 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
@AmbyParkin please also try the new version ‒ it's very likely that this was the same issue.

(As a result of the wrong tuning, that bed frame also had pie menu options it shouldn't have had (Sleep and so on) -- when you see that kind of thing in a custom object, that's actually a dead giveaway for borken/wrong tuning references. This is likely to cause issues. I just didn't notice that myself since I never even tried to click on that frame with a sim .. )

Just tested it and everything seems to work as it should now. Thanks for fixing it so fast and all your great stuff
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 6th May 2015 at 4:17 PM
Yep, much to the teens disgust homework is being done no problems with this updated frame (looks so pretty in the spare room). Thanks for the quick fix.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th May 2015 at 4:58 PM
LOL; my apologies to your teens! XD

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th May 2015 at 7:48 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:38 PM
Not sure if you are aware but your mod stops my sims eating or drinking on the lot and also woohooing. (Although to be fair I'm not sure if it was the double or single bed that was to blame)

I downloaded the mods just before i did the last update, thrilled with the prospect of changing my sim's bedding every few days. Its taken me severally days to work out it was your beds causing the trouble

I've gone back to vanilla beds in my home and the problems all went away instantly.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:42 PM
Try the update posted a couple days ago. That's a known issue and should be fixed by redownloading. Which is also why the post title starts with "Updated (Bugfix!)", by the way.

Test Subject
#19 Old 12th May 2015 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Try the update posted a couple days ago. That's a known issue and should be fixed by redownloading. Which is also why the post title starts with "Updated (Bugfix!)", by the way.

Okay will do.

Incidentally Plasticbox I have almost all your mods and love them all. You are easily my favourite modder. This is the first i had any issue with so I hope i didn't offend in any way.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:25 AM
Thanks, plasticbox.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 12:22 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd May 2017 at 11:31 PM
Thank's Plasticbox. =)