Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Customizing Custom Drinks is Customizable

by Arsil Posted 9th May 2015 at 9:09 AM - Updated 24th Jul 2015 at 9:28 PM by Arsil : minor mod update

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th May 2015 at 10:55 AM
I don't know what is better if is the title or the mod
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:09 PM
How does this mod work? Where does the extra options show up? This looks good
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:39 PM
Once reached level 6 in the mixology skill, Sims can create custom drinks using a Professional Bar
(the interaction shows up clicking on the bar, but not in community lots, only if you have one at home IIRC).
Before you could only choose the name of the drink, the DrinkMood (the moodlet you get after
drinking the drink) was chosen kinda randomly and the other features of the drink (glass' shape,
color and pick) were based on the mood. With this mod you can choose all the features of the drink.
EDIT: except the quality, I didn't touch that. IIRC that is based on the skill level and randomness.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:28 PM
This looks really awesome! It sounds like you're planning to do a lot more with this, so I'm going to keep an eye on this mod, to see what changes and improvements you make on it. It looks like it could make things really interesting.

And that is truly an awesome title as well. :lol:
Scholar
#6 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:47 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 9th May 2015 at 3:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Once reached level 6 in the mixology skill, Sims can create custom drinks using a Professional Bar
(the interaction shows up clicking on the bar, but not in community lots, only if you have one at home IIRC).
Before you could only choose the name of the drink, the DrinkMood (the moodlet you get after
drinking the drink) was chosen kinda randomly and the other features of the drink (glass' shape,
color and pick) were based on the mood. With this mod you can choose all the features of the drink.
EDIT: except the quality, I didn't touch that. IIRC that is based on the skill level and randomness.

Thanks, Arsil!
Okay I've just tested with Icarus' mod and you're right it doesn't work with it. Well, it works - there are no glitches and the sim doesn't reset when making drinks, he can make the drinks fine on Professional bars (at home), and the interactions show up when he's done. They just don't show up on the normal juice drink bars which Icarus has enabled the professional bar interactions on, which is a pity
I would love it if both mods could be compatible with eachother as Icarus has just updated his mod to allow drinks to be draggable and stored in the bar inventory and/or the sims personal inventory, which is pretty useful! Your mod doesn't stop the drinks being draggable, I just like using the juice bars as professional bars sometimes as they are smaller, they can fit in small spaces and there are more of them so there's more to choose from to fit any decor. Your mod would add so much more versatility to the whole mixology experience - can you make your mod work with the juice bars too or make it work with Icarus' mod, if its possible? Don't worry if you can't, this is a great mod anyway and I'll use it for the professional bars
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:51 PM
Thanks. That's exactly what I need right now. Finally I can pretend that my sims drinking an orange juice. Yay!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th May 2015 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
It sounds like you're planning to do a lot more with this, so I'm going to keep an eye on this mod, to see what changes and improvements you make on it.

WHAT? No no no, damn it. It's quite the opposite! I don't want to have anything else to do with this.
If there are bugs I'll try to fix them but don't expect improvements. I'm lazy, demotivated, uninspired
and I pretty much stopped playing entirely. Oh, and I'm grumpy too.

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I would love it if both mods could be compatible with eachother as Icarus has just updated his mod to allow drinks to be draggable and stored in the bar inventory and/or the sims personal inventory, which is pretty useful! Your mod would add so much versatility to the whole mixology experience - can you make them compatible if its possible?

It's not possible because icarus_allsorts is mean to me: he/she/they (I think they are two twins,
one good and the other evil) call me names. Just kidding. Classy humour here, I'm funnier than
Ryan Stiles. As long as I'm not the one that does the work I'm ok with it :P

But maybe it's better to test this mod some more to see if there are issues.
Scholar
#9 Old 9th May 2015 at 3:21 PM
WHAT? No no no, damn it. It's quite the opposite! I don't want to have anything else to do with this.
If there are bugs I'll try to fix them but don't expect improvements. I'm lazy, demotivated, uninspired
and I pretty much stopped playing entirely. Oh, and I'm grumpy too.

It's not possible because icarus_allsorts is mean to me: he/she/they (I think they are two twins,
one good and the other evil) call me names. Just kidding. Classy humour here, I'm funnier than

But maybe it's better to test this mod some more to see if there are issues.

lol
That's okay, I'll keep it installed and look out for any bugs in game
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:18 PM
Great Idea and reading your comments and thread posts are almost as much fun as using your mods...Thanks for this Arsil :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:12 PM
Thank you!! Someone FINALLY made this mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th May 2015 at 5:26 PM
Whooooo! *\o/* (yes, that's a cheerleader)
Thank you so much for sharing this awesome mod!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th May 2015 at 6:23 PM
This looks great! I can't wait to play with it. Thank-you!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th May 2015 at 10:12 AM

Ouch. My evil twin would be hurt, except he/she seems to take that as a compliment, go figure.

The customizing custom drinks interaction should be usable on juice bars as well now with the latest version of the juice bar mod The remove custom drink one is still only available on professional bars though, so just plop one down temporarily to use it if you're desperate enough to want to get rid of a custom drink from your sim's repertoire.

And of course thanks for the mod Arsil (Btw it turns out that the juice bar mod doesn't replace PracticeMakingNewDrinks.Singleton after all so not sure what the deal is with that)
Scholar
#15 Old 10th May 2015 at 11:12 AM
Thank you Icarus for the update of your Juice mod and Arsil for making your mod! They work so well together.
See, Arsil? Icarus loves you really!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th May 2015 at 2:17 PM
That's so awesome!
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th May 2015 at 2:43 PM Last edited by Arsil : 11th May 2015 at 5:26 PM.
It sure is. Thanks icarus_allsorts ^^
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:13 PM
This is so awesome and versatile.Finally the drink names can actually match the drink!Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th May 2015 at 3:10 PM
Grazie! This is really awesome and thank you very much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:46 AM
This is going to be really useful; I hated how random making drinks was; thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th May 2015 at 7:36 PM
This is wonderful, Arsil!!! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st May 2015 at 11:57 PM
Whenever I attempt to launch the game with this it crashes!!
Icy Spicy
#23 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 11:12 AM
I am loving this mod.Sorry to pester you but can some extra colours( for more variety) be added ?( or are the material states hard coded ? )
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 11:36 AM Last edited by Arsil : 7th Jun 2015 at 12:16 PM.
They are hard coded in the mesh. With also a mesh override should be possible. And also in the code with enums.
Icy Spicy
#25 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 2:06 PM
They are hard coded in the mesh. With also a mesh override should be possible. And also in the code with enums.

Thanks for the info!
Page 1 of 2