Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deceased
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2015 at 4:37 PM Last edited by scumbumbo : 20th Sep 2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Version 0.4.30
Default Tdesc Browser v0.5
v0.5: SEARCH FEATURE ADDED
------ This has finally been moved to the main downloads area: TS4 Tuning Description Browser
Old versions have been removed from this post because, well, trust me you WANT that new search feature!

Screenshots
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th May 2015 at 9:19 PM
Cool! Yes, I believe this would be useful -- I do get by by searching the whole folder, but your kind of detail view is a lot easier to parse than that.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:58 PM
I too think it could be useful.
Deceased
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th May 2015 at 7:48 AM
Well, since some folks are interested I went ahead and posted version 0.1. I think there's a lot of room for improvement, but still pretty useful as is.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:04 PM
I've just tried it and it does make things easier, thank you.
Deceased
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2015 at 6:32 AM
Worked a bit more on this tonight, but nothing to upload. Did figure out the reason the client_tutorial tuning description wouldn't load - the version history in that file is mangled. None of the files in the tuning folder would load either. Both bugs will be fixed in the next version.
Deceased
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th May 2015 at 6:56 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 19th May 2015 at 8:42 AM.
As the main post states, I think this is almost done. The only real feature I'm itching to add is to be able to click on the old_muid to lookup an old version of a tuning. If anyone has any (reasonable) ideas for other features to add, let me know -- and no, I'm not writing a complete mod generator or anything. That would be real work!

ETA: Oh yeah, searches would be nice. I keep forgetting that for some reason!
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th May 2015 at 10:45 PM
Nice job! I was working on something similar, but not quite the same. It's a plugin for the Atom text editor that shows the documentation from the TDESCs in the sidebar and updates as you move your cursor around. A demo would probably show that better: demo screencast. I haven't posted it yet because it's not very optimized and it's still rough around the edges, but maybe that would be useful in conjunction with this program?

One thing I noticed: it doesn't do inheritance, so it only shows the tuning descriptions for the current instance. I can see how that could be useful, since the UI would get very cluttered if it showed the value types from all the parent instances, but maybe there could be toggle to show/hide those? Or at least a list of links so you could jump directly to a parent instance.
Deceased
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st May 2015 at 4:24 AM
@Aren - your plugin looks awesome and will definitely be extremely useful for folks editing existing XML (which is typically the case anyway).

The inheritance links you mentioned are in the browser - you'll see them if you click on the root XML node of the instance, where the "parents" are listed (see screenshot). The link will open up a new window and go straight to that new instance.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st May 2015 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
@Aren - your plugin looks awesome and will definitely be extremely useful for folks editing existing XML (which is typically the case anyway).

The inheritance links you mentioned are in the browser - you'll see them if you click on the root XML node of the instance, where the "parents" are listed (see screenshot). The link will open up a new window and go straight to that new instance.

Whoops, I didn't see that. I must've been looking for them in the main window instead. That makes sense though, thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th May 2015 at 3:43 PM
If I do get around to finishing this by adding the search by name feature, it will likely be a while. See the original post for the version that adds a link to follow the old MUID for referencing renamed tunings. Added the source in as well in case someone wants it. It's pretty bad, lol - typical "I need a feature, how can I hack this in?" style code rinsed and repeated several times. Really needs a complete rewrite, but may be useful for anyone that wants to add features, clone the code or whatever.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 2:44 AM
For some reasons it doesn't open any files for me.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Galaxy777
For some reasons it doesn't open any files for me.

me too
Deceased
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 10:50 PM
Updated the tool, there's some little enhancements I've thrown into it mostly under the hood things no one would notice. The first post of the thread has some more information on those changes. The big reason was the bugfix for the Interaction class invalid history info which would throw an exception.