Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 10:07 AM Last edited by mazaa : 6th Jun 2015 at 8:25 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim can't/won't leave owned community lot (OFB) SOLUTION!
Hey!

i know the sims 2 community is shrinking but there is still people like me who love this game.

In this post I'm gonna tell you how to
1) fix "sim won't leave owned community lot" bug
2) how you may be able to restore your sim if you deleted him/her through this process (worked for me)

So lets begin:

1) I just went through this weird bug.. tried to search forums on how to fix this problem when Sim whistles and yells/shouts endlessly when trying to leave owned community lot. I didn't find anything but gladly found a solution myself. This bug is caused by someone (invisible sim) being on the lot stuck somewhere. This is very simple to fix and can be done even if your sim is already on the endless shouting/whistling loop.

- Just download this teleporter: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=188501
- Place this teleporter in the lot and click it. There will be an option saying "clear..." or something like that.
- Clear all non-residents
- That's it

2) If you deleted your sim when you paniced like I did, then this is something that helped at least me to restore my deleted sim:
(I assume you deleted your character on your owned community lot like i did, I don't know if this fix works on normal lots)
Before doing this, try leaving your lot and simply coming back. I only recommend doing this if there's nothing more you can do.
If you have already saved your game after deleting your sim, this is something that MAY help, but not guaranteed
- Open your cheat window (ctrl + shift + C)
- Type in "ChangeLotZoning Residential" and hit enter
- Save game and exit lot
- When you come back your sim should be on the lot again
- Your business will propably be all messed up, so you need to pick up phone and quit your business
- Open your cheat window again and this time type in "ChangeLotZoning Community"
- Save game and exit to neighborhood
- Click the house your character live on and hit "play" or "go" or what ever the pop-up window says
- You should now enter your original resident (not your owned community lot)
- Now you need to buy your owned community lot back because it's not yours anymore (do moneycode "motherlode" if you don't have enough funds)

Through this process you will lose your business progress but atleast you will get your sim and possibly bugged community lot back.
I can't guarantee this works and I may even remember the steps wrong, but this is what helped for me far away as I remember.
HOPE IT HELPS YOU, Leave your comments/questions below and I will answer them as I can.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 10:41 AM
Welcome to MTS. This is one of the largest most active Sims 2 communities and we are not shrinking.

There are a few fixes around for a sim stuck at their owned community lot. If an invisible sim is keeping them there any teleporter that zaps sims or clears off invisible sims will work. There is also Pescado's magic Wand and the bat Box as there can be other reasons.

With number two, never change zoning on a lot with a sim present. He is simply deleted with the hand tool which is how you reset a sim. Go back to hood view and try and reload his business lot, he will probably still be there with no harm done. If not load his home lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Welcome to MTS. This is one of the largest most active Sims 2 communities and we are not shrinking.

There are a few fixes around for a sim stuck at their owned community lot. If an invisible sim is keeping them there any teleporter that zaps sims or clears off invisible sims will work. There is also Pescado's magic Wand and the bat Box as there can be other reasons.

With number two, never change zoning on a lot with a sim present. He is simply deleted with the hand tool which is how you reset a sim. Go back to hood view and try and reload his business lot, he will probably still be there with no harm done. If not load his home lot.

For me nothing helped but changing the lot zoning, but this is something you really wanna do as your last move if there's NOTHING more to do, yes.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 5:19 PM
I used the simblender teleport functions to clear off a lingering yet invisible shopper and it worked like a charm. My business owner can now go home. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 9:30 PM
This isn't precisely the same problem, but it is the most closely related thread to my problem that I can find. I am technically stuck on a business lot. The business loads okay but when I try to leave it to go home the game crashes in the save sequence. It also crashes if I try to save while on the lot. I closed for the day and sent employees home; there is nobody on the lot now besides Mortimer. I fixed invisible visitors with Pescado's bat box and cleared all non-residents with a teleporter, but the game still crashes. It will also crash if I try to play the lot for a few minutes.

I think I made the lot too big (over $1,000,000) and something is corrupt. I also tried going into build mode and buy mode a bunch of times and deleting stuff, but that just makes it keep crashing too. This is a business Mortimer Goth bought. I went there with Mortimer, Alexander and Cassandra and managed to return home the first time I ran the business (i was only for a few minutes). I noticed the choppy play and frequent crashes while on the lot so left planning to enter it in houses and lots mode and downsize. I had planned to enter the lot and fix it by nuking a bunch of stuff, but I didn't know a playable sim had to be on the lot to make changes, so I sent Mortimer back alone. Now he is essentially stuck there and I can't play his home lot either. I had recently reinstalled Sims 2 (from the Ultimate Collection) and this is the first business I have tried running since I installed it this time. I didn't remember that the whole household was unplayable if a member of the family was on a family-run business.

Does anybody have any ideas for how I can get Mortimer home and make the Goths playable again? I'll just level the lot and start over once he is home (and keep it simpler next time). Or sell it if that would allow me to still enter the lot and and make changes.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Ah, it is called DMA teleport. Hmm... apparently it is no longer available anywhere, I couldn't find a link to post. Guess I'm one of the lucky few who still has it.

Count me as another lucky one.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mazaa
For me nothing helped but changing the lot zoning, but this is something you really wanna do as your last move if there's NOTHING more to do, yes.

Did you use Christianlov's mirror? You load up another lot, belonging to a sim that sims knows. This is the best teleporter since it also temporarily moves the sim in. From there you can move them out to the bin. This is much preferable than changing the zoning with a sim on the lot. I hope you bulldozed the lot and used hood cleaner after doing that. I even got a sim stuck on vacation back using this. It's still here on MTS.

Quote:
Does anybody have any ideas for how I can get Mortimer home and make the Goths playable again? I'll just level the lot and start over once he is home (and keep it simpler next time). Or sell it if that would allow me to still enter the lot and and make changes

I also recommend you use the mirror.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:20 PM
Did you use Christianlov's mirror? You load up another lot, belonging to a sim that sims knows. This is the best teleporter since it also temporarily moves the sim in. From there you can move them out to the bin. This is much preferable than changing the zoning with a sim on the lot. I hope you bulldozed the lot and used hood cleaner after doing that. I even got a sim stuck on vacation back using this. It's still here on MTS.

I also recommend you use the mirror.

If I could find the mirror, I'd give it a go... can you give me a link to the download file? I found a link to a private blog in Chinese, but that's it. I also saw somebody mention Christainlov's sim copy mirror on another page here, but it sounded like a different item, one used for cloning and such.

Also, what is the hood cleaner? I am basically starting over after having not played for many years. So I am kind of a noob. Thanks for the help.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:22 PM
That original post was 2 years ago Jo.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:29 PM
I guess it's this doodad (http://modthesims.info/d/288005). I'll give it a shot now.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:30 PM
I was actually replying to the post from today about Morty. But then I saw the bold text further up which was addressed to me. I had not noticed the date on that.

Yes that is the mirror, I find it an invaluable tool.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#14 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:43 PM
You can use Cyjon's Lot Inspector here http://www.cyjon.net/node/430 and check for invisible sims. Then use the option on the batbox to nuke off world visitors. Make sure no one is using a phone prior to nuking. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:41 AM Last edited by php3vv7th11 : 25th Mar 2017 at 2:08 AM.
Well, I got Mortimer moved in to Don Lothario's household with the mirror. The first thing I did was to sell the problematic business. But after doing that, the Goth household that Alexander and Cassandra were in (their original home in the game) was still not playable, and there was no plumbob over that house when there should have been since Cassandra and Alexander were on the lot. It said that they were visiting the business lot that I had just sold. So I moved Cassandra and Alexander in to Lothario's as well. Then I moved them out them out and tried to move them back into their original home... same error message. It said I could not move into that house because the Goths were visiting the business lot. So apparently, these three Goth's are just copies of the originals?

At first, I thought the problem was solved because there was no plumbob over the Goth house and no simolean over the business. I can enter the business now, and it does not seem to be as buggy, but nobody is there and live mode is unavailable. Bulldozing wasn't an option for the same reason.

Edited to add that there is indeed a plumbob over the original Goth household, but it is very dark, even darker than when a sim is on his business lot. It is almost black in fact, and is very difficult to see.

I am thinking I might need the hood cleaner now, whatever that is. I would like to get the Goths back into their original home, bulldoze the bad business and start it over.

I'll try the cyjohn's lot tool, I guess. Any other ideas?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 1:08 AM
Once you moved him in you should have moved him out with the mirror back to his own home. You should not have sold the lot while he was at Don's since it isn't his real home, it's a temporary one. I would definitely bulldoze the business. I'm confused with what else you have going on, how did you get copies of the other Goths?

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 1:59 AM Last edited by php3vv7th11 : 25th Mar 2017 at 2:12 AM.
Once you moved him in you should have moved him out with the mirror back to his own home. You should not have sold the lot while he was at Don's since it isn't his real home, it's a temporary one. I would definitely bulldoze the business. I'm confused with what else you have going on, how did you get copies of the other Goths?

I can't enter the original Goth household because when clicking on the Goth household, I am told they are at the business. The game gives a dialog box asking if I want to play the business, but when I enter that lot nobody is there. And I cannot bulldoze the business because it says there is a family currently visiting it.

I still seem stuck, but all three Goths are moved in to another lot now. The reason I said that thing about them being clones is because it still shows a plumbob over the original Goth household and because when I try to bulldoze the business, it says there is still a family there. But when I enter that lot now, there is nobody there and I cannot get into live mode.

So, I am still stuck. What is the neighborhood cleaner? I think this problem has corrupted my neighborhood.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
You can use Cyjon's Lot Inspector here http://www.cyjon.net/node/430 and check for invisible sims. Then use the option on the batbox to nuke off world visitors. Make sure no one is using a phone prior to nuking. (:

I can't be using the batbox any longer on this lot unless I buy it again. Even though the game informs me a family is visiting, when I enter that lot nobody's there and live mode is unavailable.

I also already did the invisible sim fix with the batbox while Mortimer was there (before using the mirror). I also nuked global urnstones from it, hope that wasn't a mistake...

Oh, and I tried buying the magic wand and waving it around while he was there, but am not sure if I did that right.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:52 AM
Right if they are all on another lot try moving them into the bin, that should clear both lots. If not you may have bigger problems going on.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 7:13 AM
Right if they are all on another lot try moving them into the bin, that should clear both lots. If not you may have bigger problems going on.

I tried that already. Neither lot was cleared. When all three were at Lothario's, I moved them out into the bin together before I moved them into a temporary lot. Then I even tried it again after I gave them Mortimer's money back. As of now, Lothario is sitting on the Goth fortune and I had to use the familyfunds cheat to give them his money back.

Anyway, the green/black plumbob is still over the original Goth household which I cannot enter, and I cannot bulldoze the business. I suspect this corrupted my hood somehow. I'd like to get them all back into that original house. I had planned for Mortimer to die there after I marry off six children giving him perma-platinum.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 7:52 AM
So all the Goths are in the bin but still show as living on the Goth manor? Try moving them to an empty lot. Then if they still show as being in the Goth manor try resetting them. Open up move objects,delete them with the hand tool, save and reload that blank lot.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:56 AM
So all the Goths are in the bin but still show as living on the Goth manor? Try moving them to an empty lot. Then if they still show as being in the Goth manor try resetting them. Open up move objects,delete them with the hand tool, save and reload that blank lot.

To clarify, I already moved them into a different lot. But when I click on the original Goth house, the one with the dark plumbob, a picture of all three with their cat show up there as well. I just can't enter that lot, being told they're visiting the business, even though Mortimer was there alone when my serious problems started. BTW, I'd kind of like to get the cat back as well. He had learned all commands.

So I deleted them all from their new lot, like you suggested, and the game crashed to my home screen when exiting back to the hood. Upon reloading the game, nothing has changed in my hood. All three Goths are at their new home (at the mailbox now so the deletion of them registered), and they and their cat also appear on the family portrait when I click the original home; I still cannot enter that lot, however, being told they are not there; and I still cannot delete the business lot because the game thinks the Goths are there.

BTW, I also tried using CJ's lot inspector on the business and it said it found no problems and that the lot should be safe to delete.

Totally at a loss here...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:42 AM
What happens if you use the move out family tool on the Goth manor? Do they show up on the teleporter as being there? I'm thinking the game is showing them as there but really they aren't. Another thing to try would be to have another sim who knows them well (can set it with the simblender) could try and ask to move in one at a time. If none of this works it sounds like it's time to revert to a back up- if you have one.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:02 AM
What happens if you use the move out family tool on the Goth manor? Do they show up on the teleporter as being there? I'm thinking the game is showing them as there but really they aren't. Another thing to try would be to have another sim who knows them well (can set it with the simblender) could try and ask to move in one at a time. If none of this works it sounds like it's time to revert to a back up- if you have one.

I had already tried both methods above, and got the same error message - essentially that I needed to play the business lot to manage the Goth household. In the case of moving them into another house individually, I was not permitted, being told that I needed to play the Goth manor and save there once once they returned from the community lot. I tried this before using the mirror. Of course this was impossible because the game would crash when I tried to leave the community lot.

I just restored a backup of N001. I lost a lot of progress, but at least I don't have to be afraid of my neighborhood exploding now. I also learned that I need to back up my hoods more frequently. LOL. I had done a lot of time consuming construction that is lost now.... ah well.

Anyway, what is this hood cleaner that you mentioned earlier? I would have liked to have looked at it and given it a try. For future reference, I'd like to have it as a tool in my arsenal. I also need to take the time to learn to use SimPE and find a working copy of HCDU again. I have found lots of references to it, but no place to download it. Can you help with these two things (HCDU and the hood cleaner)?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:35 AM
Hood Cleaner by Mootilda. http://modthesims.info/d/456523 This is a program that sits outside the game. It detects and mops up corruption.

The HCDU is on simwardrobe under programs I think.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2