Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 5:15 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 5th Jun 2015 at 4:44 PM.
Default Is changing the situation a venue generates impossible?
Background: I'm making a new version of a mod so generic lots aren't empty all the time.

The reason why I'm making this new version is the previous one just edited the genetic tuning, but the alien world, hidden cave and glade also used that tuning so the previously empty space became full of sims.

EDIT3: Made a much more simpler version that makes a new situation and situation_job file and instead edits the venue_tuning to use those instead, but it still won't work and some background, I've tried editing venue_tuning files before but they always failed EDIT: (I was changing the situation for them). I've made sure I haven't left out any DATA files this time around. The files I'm editing are attached.

EDIT:4 Just realized I could be missing a Data file for the venue tuning file, will check in the morning.
EDIT5: No missing DATA file relevant to the mod.
EDIT 6: Now I know why the reason why my previous edits failed, generic lot tuning is a lie! A big fat lie! The generic lot tuning is actually at visitors_allowed, thanks for making this mod harder EA!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Files.zip (3.2 KB, 109 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 5:57 AM
Since this is an existing upload of yours, do you want us to temporarily hide it? Might be better when less people download the broken version and that way you don’t have to remove/reupload it all over again when you’ve fixed it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Since this is an existing upload of yours, do you want us to temporarily hide it? Might be better when less people download the broken version and that way you don’t have to remove/reupload it all over again when you’ve fixed it.

It doesn't bother me too greatly, so I would probably leave it up for now.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 3:22 PM
To answer the question in your title: no, it is not impossible. See my profile for “Venue requirements” (that doesn’t affect visitors though, it’s about the list of objects the game wants you to use); there is also a custom “Pool” venue uploaded here by someone whose name I forgot, maybe that would be helpful too.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 3:55 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 5th Jun 2015 at 4:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
To answer the question in your title: no, it is not impossible. See my profile for “Venue requirements” (that doesn’t affect visitors though, it’s about the list of objects the game wants you to use); there is also a custom “Pool” venue uploaded here by someone whose name I forgot, maybe that would be helpful too.

I've forgotten your mod and the pool mod existed! Will check on the pool mod to see how he did a custom situation.
EDIT: Massive derp in making this mod, the situation was probably working fine all the time,I just forgot to actually enter the code to actually spawn the sims. However it still seems to not be working.
As I stated above, the generic lot tuning is at visitors_allowed, which is why all my edits failed.