Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hotels v2.7

by simmythesim Posted 8th Jun 2015 at 4:26 AM - Updated 16th Jul 2015 at 12:37 AM by simmythesim : Update

255 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 187 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 5:08 AM
Aww, I love this but I really wish that it was compatible with Zerbu's mod
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by get_tish
Aww, I love this but I really wish that it was compatible with Zerbu's mod

Will work on one later
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 5:31 AM
Can you have an 8 sim family move in and still have the 6 "guests" move in??
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxGuitarChickxx
Can you have an 8 sim family move in and still have the 6 "guests" move in??

The guests are static, there are always 6 sims even if they don't have room for them in the hotel, but yes, you can move an 8 sim family move in.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 5:46 AM
I don't get this at all. How do I know who lives in the hotel? There are like 7 other sims, and then it saids they are all going home. Is it bugged?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 6:00 AM
Will download when compatible with get to school. thanks!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 6:10 AM
Man! I so want to get this really bad! But I enjoy the Go To School MOD as well. If I would to switch out the MODS from time to time (and NOT play any households that are using the MODS) would this cause any issues with my game?

Still a great MOD and idea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 6:36 AM
Excellent mod, thanks. I had a hotel in the game already and the quality of it just went up a notch and some realism was added. My Sims who were living there are already autonomously interacting with the townies who moved in. One question....how does the game decide the Sim that does the cleaning because I noticed immediately going into live mod that one my Sims started cleaning and he appeared pretty unstoppable about it?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eternal0572
Excellent mod, thanks. I had a hotel in the game already and the quality of it just went up a notch and some realism was added. My Sims who were living there are already autonomously interacting with the townies who moved in. One question....how does the game decide the Sim that does the cleaning because I noticed immediately going into live mod that one my Sims started cleaning and he appeared pretty unstoppable about it?

It spawns a sim that acts as a maid, rest assured that (most likely) your playable sims shouldn't be affected by this.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legobatman3609
I don't get this at all. How do I know who lives in the hotel? There are like 7 other sims, and then it saids they are all going home. Is it bugged?

Weird, in my game, the guests work fine, And they "checkout" when their day is over.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 12:50 PM
This is really cool but I encountered one issue, I can't visit an unowned hotel or one owned by another household. It behaves like a residence (when you zoom in the interior is completely empty) but there is no "knock on door" option.

I think it should behave like a community lot for visiting households, that way I can put a bar/lounge on the ground floor and visit it with all my families, not just the one that owns the lot.
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 1:16 PM
Do your mod require Go to Work?
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 1:19 PM
does this mod require get to work?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rickycheng
Do your mod require Go to Work?
No but it may require it in the future.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mateodon
This is really cool but I encountered one issue, I can't visit an unowned hotel or one owned by another household. It behaves like a residence (when you zoom in the interior is completely empty) but there is no "knock on door" option.

I think it should behave like a community lot for visiting households, that way I can put a bar/lounge on the ground floor and visit it with all my families, not just the one that owns the lot.

I actually haven't tried visiting a different hotel, but I will check later.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mateodon

I have temporarily fixed the problem by making it act like a community lot. You don't have to knock on the door now to get access on the building.
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
I have temporarily fixed the problem by making it act like a community lot. You don't have to knock on the door now to get access on the building.

Thank you! this is already becoming one of my favorite mods.

Although my initial impression is that the needs range of incoming guests may have been widened a bit too much. At least hygiene, when arriving at a hotel I'm seeing a lot of stinky guests, and there is a line at the showers. I've only run a few tests so far but hygiene seems out of place. Hunger could perhaps use a little boost, I haven't noticed many sims eating, energy and entertainment seem pretty solid so far, a few sims head for a nap and plenty are reading books/watching tv/playing games.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 4:29 PM
Do NPC's get assigned a room. If not you could implement the room system in the game to do that (If possible) Also do sims leave the lot like spawn out kinda like in the sims 2?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 5:09 PM
I have a suggestion regarding services. You could get a caterer from the party system and implement it into the hotel lot, like the room service but the caterer would cook food maybe at certain times during the day. This mod is great love it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 7:25 PM Last edited by simshout : 8th Jun 2015 at 8:09 PM.
Lovely, but i think the apartment mod is a better idea for now.
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 7:34 PM
do we still need to remove gts venue list since the update and will that affect the gts mod ?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 8:10 PM
Wow! Just wow. I am really impressed. I am getting more out of GTW than I ever imagined thanks to people like you. Thank you for this.
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simshout
Lovely, but i think the apartment mod is a better idea for now.

Yeah, im looking forward to using trying that mod out, but it's still unavailable, so this mod will have to do for now! Did you get a chance to donwlaod before it went under hiatus? If you did how is it so far?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moneymakind
Yeah, im looking forward to using trying that mod out, but it's still unavailable, so this mod will have to do for now! Did you get a chance to donwlaod before it went under hiatus? If you did how is it so far?

I already had downloaded and tested, it's a great mod
Page 1 of 11