Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Eyes Overhaul (Default Replacements - 2 Versions)

by kellyhb5 Posted 21st Jun 2015 at 5:26 PM - Updated 1st Nov 2017 at 1:56 AM by kellyhb5 : Fully updated!

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:56 PM
Gorgeous! I love all the eyes you've come out with for TS4 so far, you're very talented! Thanks for your work XD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fauntleroy
Gorgeous! I love all the eyes you've come out with for TS4 so far, you're very talented! Thanks for your work XD

That's lovely of you to say, thank you so much! ^.^

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:02 AM
I'll be adding this to my list of "Best Maxis-Match Eyes" to recommend to my friends and others. Well, just great eyes in general...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misterwho92
I'll be adding this to my list of "Best Maxis-Match Eyes" to recommend to my friends and others. Well, just great eyes in general...

Thank you! I'm glad you like them x

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:27 AM
very pretty!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy65710
very pretty!

Thank you ^.^

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:27 PM
<3

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 11:36 PM
thank you for this! i LOVE the extra shine version.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by batpoop
thank you for this! i LOVE the extra shine version.

I'm glad! Thank you ^.^

Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 4:32 AM
For some reason, these don't work in my game. They actually REMOVE the default eyes and only my modded eye options show up. Any ideas what I've done wrong?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oestaira
For some reason, these don't work in my game. They actually REMOVE the default eyes and only my modded eye options show up. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

It could be a patch issue. If you have either or both of the stuff packs, that could be why. I can't buy them right now, but when I can I will and I'll update things. In the meantime I may make non-default versions of everything that isn't working right now

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 3:56 PM
Oh no. I was looking so forward to downloading these for my game. But I have all the stuff packs so I'm guessing they won't work. I hope you'll update them soon, because they are beautiful! ♥
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nelliejonsson_
Oh no. I was looking so forward to downloading these for my game. But I have all the stuff packs so I'm guessing they won't work. I hope you'll update them soon, because they are beautiful! ♥

Thank you I'm trying my best to get my hands on them as soon as possible

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 1:03 AM
Hoping you update version 2 soon. Love them all. Thanks for the wonderful creation <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 11:10 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for making these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 8:09 AM
The best eyes mod by far thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:40 AM
While I love all your eye mods I love that this one enhances the base game eyes while still keeping with the overall style of the game.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 4:33 PM
looks like these need updating for the toddler patch. all my toddlers (and even when they grow up) have brown eyes and no way to change the colors
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rabidfangirl90
looks like these need updating for the toddler patch. all my toddlers (and even when they grow up) have brown eyes and no way to change the colors

Yes, please update so these amazing eyes (my personal favorites) can be used with toddlers. Thanks!

Close your eyes for your eyes will only tell the truth and the truth isn't what you want to see. In the dark it is easy to pretend, that the truth is what it ought to be. Living is easy with eyes closed; misunderstanding all you see - anyway the wind blows, it doesn't really matter (much) to me.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#21 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:36 PM
It's easy to update this set of eye recolors. If you know how to use Sims 4 Studio, you can open the program and click on My CC on the right. On the left will be a list of all of the mods you have installed. Navigate to the eye recolors you have installed and click on that mod. This will open the right pane displaying a child (looks like a toddler) and the check boxes. Near the top on the right is a group of ages that are ticked (or check marked). Toddler is the only age that's not checked. Check that and then click Apply To All Swatches. That option will automatically apply the changes to the rest of the eye color swatches. When you're done, click Save near the bottom right. Close the My CC window by clicking on X. Then you're done.

However, I found one slight issue with this set of eye recolors. I noticed in the Archetypes group, only Caucasian isn't ticked (or check marked). This issue affected all of the eye color swatches. I'm using the version with stuff packs. I don't know if this issue also applied to the other 2 versions (older ones without the packs). I went ahead and fixed that issue myself to enable all eye swatches to be available for Caucasian (White in layman terms).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:38 PM
Thank you Chaavik, that worked great for me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
It's easy to update this set of eye recolors. If you know how to use Sims 4 Studio, you can open the program and click on My CC on the right. On the left will be a list of all of the mods you have installed. Navigate to the eye recolors you have installed and click on that mod. This will open the right pane displaying a child (looks like a toddler) and the check boxes. Near the top on the right is a group of ages that are ticked (or check marked). Toddler is the only age that's not checked. Check that and then click Apply To All Swatches. That option will automatically apply the changes to the rest of the eye color swatches. When you're done, click Save near the bottom right. Close the My CC window by clicking on X. Then you're done.

However, I found one slight issue with this set of eye recolors. I noticed in the Archetypes group, only Caucasian isn't ticked (or check marked). This issue affected all of the eye color swatches. I'm using the version with stuff packs. I don't know if this issue also applied to the other 2 versions (older ones without the packs). I went ahead and fixed that issue myself to enable all eye swatches to be available for Caucasian (White in layman terms).

Hiya, thank you for helping! I'm going to update the files now so it's quicker for others to get the fix.
I don't understand the issue with the archetypes though, with the "black" eye colour it's automatically got all types ticked aside from Caucasian. I haven't changed the archetypes for any default replacement eyes I've done, I've just left them as they were because they made sense and that's what Sims4Studio/Maxis has them set as already. May I ask in what way it affected all the other colour swatches? x

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 3:27 PM
would you make an heterochromia eye version for this aswell? I saw you did that with your dreamy eyes but I'd love to have these maxis match eyes with heterochromia