Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smaller Cupcake Machine

by Esmeralda Posted 23rd Jun 2015 at 5:47 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2021 at 10:14 AM by Esmeralda : Added Spanish translation

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 6:28 PM
Have I told you that I want your sim babies? :lovestruc
Thank you, thank you, thank you...you have saved my sanity in this game too many times!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 6:34 PM
Thank you so much I would never place the original one as it is so ugly, your version is beautiful.:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 6:56 PM
awesome job! i always hated the steampunk look of the original cupcake machine and it was way too large and bulky
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 7:10 PM
Thank you so, I'd like to make a recolor to match a kitchen that I'm using, if I do is it okay to share with a link to this? Never mind I read your TOU that states no uploading to the gallery. And the lot is a Master Chef challenge lot that I'm planning on uploading. I will give a link here as a recommendation but will not include it in the uploaded lot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 7:15 PM
Love this! I do wish it came in more colors like white, black and neutral for those of us that do not do bright kitchens...But the color dont stop me from using it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 7:26 PM
Much better looking than the clunky EA one and the red one is perfect for my movie theater. Many thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 7:28 PM
Thanks, everyone!
Quote: Originally posted by fetusdumplings
awesome job! i always hated the steampunk look of the original cupcake machine and it was way too large and bulky

I love Steampunk, but the default object looks like it was a half-hearted attempt at Steampunk by someone who doesn't actually know anything about that style - looks more like something from a low-budget children's movie!
Quote: Originally posted by jacciinatl
Thank you so, I'd like to make a recolor to match a kitchen that I'm using, if I do is it okay to share with a link to this? Never mind I read your TOU that states no uploading to the gallery. And the lot is a Master Chef challenge lot that I'm planning on uploading. I will give a link here as a recommendation but will not include it in the uploaded lot.

Yes, although I'm normally OK with people including my stuff in their lots, I'd prefer that it didn't get uploaded to the Gallery. Thank you for using the item, and a link back here is fine.
Quote: Originally posted by zaleth
Love this! I do wish it came in more colors like white, black and neutral for those of us that do not do bright kitchens...But the color dont stop me from using it!

I wanted to do it in more colours including neutral ones, but currently it's not technically possible to add more swatches to objects than they come with by default (in this case, three) without making the item incompatible with the design tool and potentially buggy. As my own preference is for colourful things, I decided to go with three cheery colours for now. When it does become possible, I'll probably add more colours. (But in the meantime, anyone is welcome to make their own recolours if they want to.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 9:27 PM
You are my new bff. Thanks for this. I don't understand why EA make things so big for sim houses?. Love your work, have a lot. Thanks again, xx
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 9:35 PM
OMG... I think I love you xD ok, no't really you as 'you' xD but your incredible, lovely, idea!
Thou, You are great too! Yay for mini cupcake machine! Thank you so much
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 9:39 PM
I have one question; where do Sims pour the flour sacks when the machine needs refilling?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 9:57 PM
Thank you so much! I loved the little stove that someone else made, but I didn't want it as a default replacement as I like the larger industrial look on my factory, and school lots. This will be perfect for both at home on public lots. And I can still have the default. Thank you again for all the hard work. I love your objects.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 9:57 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH. Here have all my simoleons.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 9:59 PM
love that thank u so much
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:35 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much! Was looking for a smaller version for small houses. I use that big one for the big houses. I really didn't want the big one to simply be replaced with another one. Nice I can have the default big one and this one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:41 PM
Yay,, now we wont need a whole room for one item,, lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 1:52 AM
Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:46 AM
Hah finally someone made this. Thank a lot.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
currently it's not technically possible to add more swatches to objects than they come with by default (in this case, three) without making the item incompatible with the design tool and potentially buggy

It's perhaps not possible with S4S, but "not technically possible" is wrong -- I do that all the time (I use TSRW) and have never heard of any bugginess with the results. So if you want more colour variants, you could import your package into TSRW and add them there? I believe that would not change the instance IDs of the variants you already have, so you could also add options to an item you're already put up for download (without making people have to re-buy it).

(I'm only posting this since you say you wanted more colours yourself .. not to encourage anyone else to request that. I like your colours, the yellow in particular =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 5:36 AM
Thanks so much Esmeralda..... This is well and truly needed...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 5:54 AM
me encanto!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 7:32 AM
great idea
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 8:11 AM
Much better like this !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 9:19 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 24th Jun 2015 at 9:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I have one question; where do Sims pour the flour sacks when the machine needs refilling?

Just where you'd expect them to, what with my having said the object 'uses all the same animations as the original object' - they wave it around in the air. Have added a line to the OP to point that out in case anyone finds that an issue (I'd forgotten about it, considering how rarely it happens), thanks for the reminder!
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
It's perhaps not possible with S4S, but "not technically possible" is wrong -- I do that all the time (I use TSRW) and have never heard of any bugginess with the results. So if you want more colour variants, you could import your package into TSRW and add them there? I believe that would not change the instance IDs of the variants you already have, so you could also add options to an item you're already put up for download (without making people have to re-buy it).

Thanks pbox, I'm already aware that that can be done with TSRW, but I myself have never gotten on well with TSRW, either for TS3 or TS4, so s3oc/s3pe was my tool of choice in TS3, and S4S is my choice of tool in TS4. Importing a S4S package into TSRW (or vice versa), working on it and saving it, has been reported to introduce bugs. The S4S team say they're close to being able to add object swatches, so I'll probably come back and add more colours when that's sorted out. Just thought that people would like a smaller cupcake maker ASAP (and the thing has already taken me about 2 months to make!). Glad you like the existing colours (the yellow one is my favourite too), thank you!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 10:19 AM
This is brilliant, thank you so much for putting so much time and work into this and sharing it
Page 1 of 4