Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:56 AM
Don't most creators have a policy that if you use their work in a video, you must credit them? I know you have to do that if you upload a house. I don't know if you have to do that if you make a video.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 5:08 AM
Most don't, plus that is unrealistic. Nobody is going to go around and give credit to 20 different creators. If I say did a Let's Play in my medieval hood, just about every single thing you can see is cc. It's totally different when you upload a lot because you are sharing their work. Same deal if you upload a sim and use somebodies cc on that sim, you are redistributing their content. Then you need to check the creator has a free to upload or free to use however you like policy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#28 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 5:10 AM
Ohh okay, Thank you so much! Now I want to make an LP!!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 11:00 AM
check out the ultimategamer1
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 11:12 AM
Yeah, that's who I unsubscribed from because he constantly spins his camera and made me really motion sick.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 5:20 PM
I stumbled across Let's Play videos about a month ago from someone named Mara. Her gaming style is very similar to Seri and Jessa and I would suggest watching her if you finished watching Seri's and Jessa's Let's Plays of TS2. I don't know anyone else other than these three that uploads the integrated or BACC style on YouTube. I wish there were more because I find them all a very creative source to enhance my game play.

Here's a link to Mara's BACC https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...DGm6ZwdLVrUTX4x
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:19 PM
There are 2 fairly new Sims Let's Plays from two folks from Tumblr, one is Omsimblr and also Shut up and Lets Play if anyone would be interested in checking them out. I have watched them thus far. This is something I was considering doing, I have been testing and working with Obs that was mentioned above and I do have Sony Vega, I am just not sure I would have the voice and I am not sure how well I would do with the talking part of things. I truly find it hard to speak to an audience, I am totally ok with the camera part of things at least I think., because I too find sometimes people do spin around too much and try to be constaintly aware of it when I am testing and practicing. I recently actually tried recording from me making a terrain in Simcity 4 with the idea of I could start from the very beginnings, but found that all my fiddling and indecisiveness could make for a very long and boring video for most, and actually was not sure what I should be talking about the entire time, so was considering that I would just use some copyright free music instead.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:47 PM
@Jimlisa912 Go for it, There's a saying amongst youtubers "don't worry about how good your first 100 videos are because no one will watch them anyway".
I'm in no position to give any sort of advice since my channel is so tiny, but I can relate. I can't stand the sound of my own voice and I hate talking in front of large groups of people, just think of it as if you're playing your favorite games and showing them off to your friends, somehow it's different and works for me anyway. With plenty of practice (I'm on my 500th video and I catch myself mumbling quite a bit) things will start clearing up and getting better, plus you'll find yourself with plenty of things to talk about.

The hardest part is getting that first video made, once you get it up and receive a "Your voice is great" comment, you'll be hooked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BluRose6
I stumbled across Let's Play videos about a month ago from someone named Mara. Her gaming style is very similar to Seri and Jessa and I would suggest watching her if you finished watching Seri's and Jessa's Let's Plays of TS2. I don't know anyone else other than these three that uploads the integrated or BACC style on YouTube. I wish there were more because I find them all a very creative source to enhance my game play.

Here's a link to Mara's BACC https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...DGm6ZwdLVrUTX4x

Thanks!!
Instructor
#35 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 10:08 PM
Awww, Mara sounds like such a sweetie.
Thank you for the link @BluRose6.

Keep them comping people.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 11:24 PM
There's a difference in writing a research paper versus making a video. I think insisting that every piece of custom created content be attributed on freely available nonprofit gaming videos would be rather tough if nearly impossible, and the creator would probably have to show how they're being harmed by their things being used in a video or that they have terms clearly laid out that prohibit use in a video (I'm not a lawyer). Would one need to credit content they have in their game but didn't use in that episode? Would they need to credit everyone in the EA credits? To put it another way; do those who make videos where they just sit in their car and talk need to credit the car manufacturer and whatever brand of clothing they're wearing? Granted, stating the blatantly obvious that 'TS2 is copyrighted by EA and the video is made under the fair use clause' might be a good idea.

However, I want to strongly caution people about using obtained/cracked software as has been mentioned earlier in this thread. Let's say nobody bought the original Sims 1 when it was released so EA didn't make any money, reassigned those programmers to their other projects, and never made TS2 let alone any TS1 expansions. If you want free software then find something open source or freeware and live with their limitations; if you want software that costs $300+tax, then pay the $300+tax.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 11:34 PM
I forgot about Mara. I have her on my sub list as well.

I found another last night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qe...srh8zYO3ymTgAOe

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:49 PM
One of my favorites would be the Teenaged series by Komori515 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj...3bJWnk_0llYQXew
She's still uploading episodes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vampiresam9097
One of my favorites would be the Teenaged series by Komori515 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj...3bJWnk_0llYQXew
She's still uploading episodes

Thanks! <3
Instructor
#40 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:21 AM
I need a new sims 2 series to watch - I was watching an LP but it ended several weeks ago and the creator hasn't been active since..

if you end up making one you should post the link

Bustin' Out!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
I need a new sims 2 series to watch - I was watching an LP but it ended several weeks ago and the creator hasn't been active since..

if you end up making one you should post the link

Try lifesimmer or whitey28. Those are really good about whitey28 has one about Strangetown.
Instructor
#42 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puzalickers85
Try lifesimmer or whitey28. Those are really good about whitey28 has one about Strangetown.

thanks for the suggestions - I'll check out whitey28, especially seen as Strangetown is my favourite hood

I've tried to like lifesimmer's videos but honestly she's too annoying...as mean as that sounds, I just can't watch her LPs...(sorry )

Bustin' Out!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
thanks for the suggestions - I'll check out whitey28, especially seen as Strangetown is my favourite hood

I've tried to like lifesimmer's videos but honestly she's too annoying...as mean as that sounds, I just can't watch her LPs...(sorry )

I agree. I had to stop watching her videos. Whitey28 sometimes gets like that, but she's not too bad.
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mckenna1921
I was thinking of making one but does anyone still watch them? :lovestruc

I love watching sims 2 series , I'd definitely watch yours .
I'm thinking of making one myself , one I fix my laptop :p
Field Researcher
#45 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 8:34 PM
I would make an LP, but:

-I'm boring
-I don't know what to say
-My voice cracks and it's embarrassing
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#46 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 12:52 AM
Never heard of Whitey28 I'll look her up. My main thing is camera work, I can't watch people who swing around, pull in and out all the time. I get motion sickness really quickly. A bad voice is second to that. Which is why I would never do one, I have a terrible voice. Croaky, old sounding, not nice.

~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#47 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:52 AM
I made another video. I don't know if it would be considered a 'let's play' or what, but I was testing to see if video format was a better way to show a creator of a house of theirs I downloaded with some random commentary. To really get inside instead of trying to take a batch of pics trying to get the widest angles.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:25 PM
I used to make a few, but they were never that good. I always liked Strangetown Monty myself.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Field Researcher
#49 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I used to make a few, but they were never that good. I always liked Strangetown Monty myself.

@Charmful - your video was great

I used to watch Strangetown Monty, but I got lost and couldn't bother myself to catch up lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasparlaks
@Charmful - your video was great

I used to watch Strangetown Monty, but I got lost and couldn't bother myself to catch up lol.

I know! The new updates are so far apart that it's impossible to remember what the heck is going on.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Page 2 of 3