Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED:DEC 2017-Personal Record (Sim Database spreadsheet) part of The Sim's Economy Gameplay

by Tisha_GB Posted 14th Aug 2015 at 7:55 PM - Updated 29th Dec 2017 at 6:46 PM by Tisha_GB

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Banned
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:35 PM
Testers Wanted...
Here's something I haven't seen in a while.
But HOLY SH*T THIS IS REALLY GOOD
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 8:40 PM
I am intrigued and would like to try this..but this month is too crazy for me to just wrap my mind around this and jump in, I would like to try it out once my crazy month is over, lol.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 10:24 PM
Wow, this looks amazing! I'm gonna take a look at this and I'll get back at you with my comments in a couple of days.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teddz0r
Wow, this looks amazing! I'm gonna take a look at this and I'll get back at you with my comments in a couple of days.

Thanks! You will have to redownload it if you haven't already as I forgot to include the record lol sorry and enjoy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Testers Wanted...
Here's something I haven't seen in a while.
But HOLY SH*T THIS IS REALLY GOOD

Thank you! If you've downloaded it, you will have to redownload. Thanks again
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 11:26 PM
Oh wow, this must have taken you forever. I will totally take a look at this, especially since I want to create an economy from scratch in my Test of Time Challenge. This just might be what i need to keep track of things. ~VP
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 6:12 AM
Hi, great job!!

Can you please tell me one thing: my screen is not huge enough for all stuff on any of your excel pages to fit in, is there a way to make the pages smaller and have them fit in? Change font, zoom out, or something else?

And I want to ask what you meant by Katy's bank book and credit card in your explanatory file. I think you were speaking of her BankEP, and I can see businessbook.package inside (which must be bank book?), but which of the files is the credit card? I've long since wanted a credit card in my game or some bank account to move money to.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
And I want to ask what you meant by Katy's bank book and credit card in your explanatory file. I think you were speaking of her BankEP, and I can see businessbook.package inside (which must be bank book?), but which of the files is the credit card? I've long since wanted a credit card in my game or some bank account to move money to.
KatyP is PCsims and her uploads are at the Graveyard here

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:27 AM
Hi, great job!!

Can you please tell me one thing: my screen is not huge enough for all stuff on any of your excel pages to fit in, is there a way to make the pages smaller and have them fit in? Change font, zoom out, or something else?

Hey, thanks for downloading.

you will have to use the zoom bar in the bottom right corner of the sheet and decrease the percentage .

I've attached a picture for you to refer to.

The bank book (yes the business book.package) and credit card (Accessory_Credit Card.package) are part of the BankEP. I'm pretty sure you will need at least one of the cash register that the Sims have to buy the objects from which is the Bank Terminal.package.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
Oh wow, this must have taken you forever. I will totally take a look at this, especially since I want to create an economy from scratch in my Test of Time Challenge. This just might be what i need to keep track of things. ~VP

Great. glad it can be of some use to you. Thanks for downloading.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 3:22 PM
mine will only open in sims2pack and it says there are no files to be installed, am I doing something wrong?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:48 PM
a brilliant idea. Thank you so much
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pikachutaco
mine will only open in sims2pack and it says there are no files to be installed, am I doing something wrong?

Do you have to have an activated version of Microsoft, if not yor computer will not recognize the files format and probably use sims2pack as a default programme.

If you have Microsoft office, none of the contents should open in sims 2 pack installer unless you have set it as a default programme which it shouldnt as it's a completely different file format to excel.

Right click the file and select unzip here or double click to open the folder and remove the two files. Double click the folder and it should open in excel.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 9:43 PM
Very interesting idea, I do have a couple of questions though. Firstly I can't change the year or number of days, the cell can't even be selected on the setup page. What am I missing? Second, with the records, we need to have a new (different) document for each sim? There's no setup for adding more records?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattieOReilly
Very interesting idea, I do have a couple of questions though. Firstly I can't change the year or number of days, the cell can't even be selected on the setup page. What am I missing? Second, with the records, we need to have a new (different) document for each sim? There's no setup for adding more records?

Any cells that can not be edited in a page means the cell is locked and the page is protected. Whenever you want to edit locked cells then you have to unprotect the page specifically located in the top left corner on the set up page.

Also the starting year has a data validation of 1900 which means it can not be lower than this year. If you want to change this you have to go to the data tab, then data validation and change the default year to the one of your choice.

And yes, a new personal record needs to be made for each Sim which will accumulate a lot of files that probably need organising.

Hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 2:15 AM
This was absolutely 100% worth the wait. Super in depth and I'm in love with it :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:38 PM
What folder does this go in? I'm not exactly sure I understand.
Theorist
#19 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tisha_GB
The bank book (yes the business book.package) and credit card (Accessory_Credit Card.package) are part of the BankEP. I'm pretty sure you will need at least one of the cash register that the Sims have to buy the objects from which is the Bank Terminal.package.

I'm sorry but how am I supposed to buy them? Do I need to build a community lot with a bank terminal inside and a cash register, and sims will be able to buy business books and credit cards automatically? Or do I need to set up an owned community lot and mark these objects for sale? (I can't really find them in buy mode yet)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puzalickers85
What folder does this go in? I'm not exactly sure I understand.

There is no specific place you need to place the folder as it is just excel files. As long as you have full access to its location so that if you want to you can link the other records that I am uploading shortly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 5:33 PM
I'm sorry but how am I supposed to buy them? Do I need to build a community lot with a bank terminal inside and a cash register, and sims will be able to buy business books and credit cards automatically? Or do I need to set up an owned community lot and mark these objects for sale? (I can't really find them in buy mode yet)

If you downloaded the business terminal package into your game you can just buy that from the catalogue, purchase the objects and delete the terminal again. otherwise, you would have to build a bank with the bank terminal in.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 11:36 PM
When opening this I get a message from Excel that there is unreadable content (picture). Did you by any chance copy cells from one sheet to another? I had a similar problem with my income spreadsheet after I did that, not realizing it'd reference the first sheet.

It looks really cool though, and I'm looking forward to seeing it first-hand. Things like this are so hard to display properly with pictures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
When opening this I get a message from Excel that there is unreadable content (picture). Did you by any chance copy cells from one sheet to another? I had a similar problem with my income spreadsheet after I did that, not realizing it'd reference the first sheet.

It looks really cool though, and I'm looking forward to seeing it first-hand. Things like this are so hard to display properly with pictures.

I don't get that message but yes I did copy sheets over when creating it. Are you able to still open the record or you don't want to in case of anything?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 11:04 AM
Check the cells you copied and see if they reference the sheet you copied from. If it does, you won't see it because you have that sheet, but I don't so it can't pull information from it. Clicking no does nothing, and I don't want to click yes. Not that I don't trust you, it's just internet common sense not to.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Check the cells you copied and see if they reference the sheet you copied from. If it does, you won't see it because you have that sheet, but I don't so it can't pull information from it. Clicking no does nothing, and I don't want to click yes. Not that I don't trust you, it's just internet common sense not to.

I've updated it, do you mind checking the new one I've attached to this reply and see if the message still appears.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Personal Record v11.08.rar (1.03 MB, 27 downloads)
Page 1 of 2