Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bed Energy Mod (10 Energy on all beds)

by Fissure Posted 12th Aug 2015 at 1:26 AM - Updated 17th Aug 2021 at 9:36 PM by Fissure

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 3:04 AM
Nice, thank you! Very realistic as well, as in you can buy your own matrass.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 3:58 AM
I agree. Who would want an uncomfortable bed!? Thanks for making this. Can't wait to try it :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Nice, thank you! Very realistic as well, as in you can buy your own matrass.

Agreed!
And thanks for the thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 5:35 AM
great thanks
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:48 AM
"The uncomfortable trait just seemed unnecessary to me, who the hell would by an uncomfortable bed? So that trait was removed from the beds affected by it." Ditto.

It's so off-putting, when, as you have said, you're trying to be versatile in the design and décor of the bedrooms, all the while knowing sims are going to have a bad time sleeping on the beds. Maxis go too far too often with their inane ideas. Thanks for taking the Maxis brain farts out of the bedroom.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 11:55 AM
Great mod, needed this for some time now!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 2:38 PM
Great Mod :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 7:11 PM
omg THANK YOU!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 11:12 PM
You are a sim god among mere men. I cannot thank you enough for this. Uncomfortable beds....pffft.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 2:11 AM
thank you! i always hate having to use a bed that doesn't fit my sim's decor just because it has high energy. this is a perfect fix for me!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 7:18 AM
Thanks so much! This was one of my favorite mods and it was a bummer when it broke w/all the EP's/SP's and patches. So glad you decided to create this mod! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 12:56 PM
Ditto to what the rest have said. The strategy part of picking the items that deliver the most comfort, energy, etc... is fun and has been since the Sims 1, but gets old quickly. After playing that way for a while, I just want to decorate the way I want to decorate and not feel that I'm punishing my Sims to do so. Thanks for the fix.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 3:45 PM
Oh my goodness! Thank you X 1 billion!!! So very tired of using the same high energy bed just so my sims can sleep well. Now I can use what ever bed I want.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 5:53 PM
Bless You Sweet Person!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 7:48 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:09 AM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 4:09 PM
Thank you we really did need this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 12:52 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 11:11 PM
Am I supposed to use this like a script mod and put the zip file in or what's in the zip file? I have the (I believe) package file in my game and my sim just woke up uncomfortable from a too-firm mattress.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Araunah
Am I supposed to use this like a script mod and put the zip file in or what's in the zip file? I have the (I believe) package file in my game and my sim just woke up uncomfortable from a too-firm mattress.

Unpack the contents (.package file) into your mods directory. Are you not seeing the increased energy replenish speeds either?
What bed are you using in-game?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:13 PM
Thank you for making a base game version! <3
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fissure
Unpack the contents (.package file) into your mods directory. Are you not seeing the increased energy replenish speeds either?
What bed are you using in-game?

Thank you for getting back to me! Yes, the package file was unpacked and I put it in my mods folder. What is weird is it is the Soothing Sleeper bed which I thought was one of the better beds. I don't know about the energy replenish, haven't looked at that but I will. It didn't happen every time and it is just one Sim that complains about it; I get a notification saying the bed is too firm.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Araunah
Thank you for getting back to me! Yes, the package file was unpacked and I put it in my mods folder. What is weird is it is the Soothing Sleeper bed which I thought was one of the better beds. I don't know about the energy replenish, haven't looked at that but I will. It didn't happen every time and it is just one Sim that complains about it; I get a notification saying the bed is too firm.

Hi again and you are very welcome. Just tried out the soothing beds in my game and I cant manage to get the discomfort trait from it (more than from a hungry sim). Went through the tuning file and can't find anything in there that I missed. Just like you said that bed is not supposed to give that trait even un-modded. Do you know if you have any other mods that might conflict with this mod, that alters the bed files or their tuning files?
If you are unsure you can download the mod "mod-conflict detector" here on modthesims. You can find it under "downloads-programs and utilities". Please run that program and check if my mod is marked in any color their (detecting any conflict).

Hope we can get this sorted out for ya!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:05 PM
Thank you sooooo much for this mod!!! My daughter and I always complain that the cute beds have low energy... now we can decorate freely without worrying about our sims's energy levels when playing...
Page 1 of 4