Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 4:28 PM Last edited by lop90804 : 8th Dec 2015 at 8:19 PM.
Default Youth Mental Institution Challenge
Ok, I am not planning this ahead, so it will probably be weird and not seem well thought out, because its not. But please bear with me.

Story:
You have finally gotten your psychology degree, and get a job at a youth mental institution in Riverview. You are exited until you walk in the door, and you see a 6-year-old being restrained as he spouts obscenities at everyone he can see. Oh boy, here we go.

Sims:
You: You are dressed professionaly, and other than that is based on you.
Roll a die for each of the patients, if the number is even, the patient is a girl. If its odd, the patient is a boy.
The 3 children have random traits.
Teen 1: Brooding trait, rest are random.
Teen 2: Rebellious trait, rest are random
Teen 3: Hot-headed trait, rest are random.

Lot:
I am not going to limit you, but it must have the following rooms:
  • Art Therapy Room- Must have at least one Art Easel per patient
  • Music Therapy Room- Must have an instrument for you to play, and somewhere for each patient to sit.
  • School- A desk for each patient and you, typical classroom
  • Bedrooms- 2 beds and a bathroom.
  • Cafeteria- A kitchen with a separate dining area
  • Outside area- Some kind of outdoor activity for the kids to do
  • Dayroom- Chairs and a T.V. maybe a video game system
  • Quiet Room- Small room with nothing in it, except maybe a radio and a couch. This room is for when a patient is being mean, tries to run away, or not following the schedule.
  • Bathroom- Must look like a public restroom, one for girls one for boys.
  • Your Room- You pick how it looks, but it gets its own bathroom.

Schedule:

All the patients must follow the below schedule, or they will be in the quiet room.

6:00AM-7:00AM Waking up
7:00AM-8:00AM Showering,if they wake up before 7, they may shower before them, but no showering before 6.
8:00AM-9:00AM Kids wait in the dayroom while you make breakfast
9:00AM-10:00AM Eating breakfast
10:00AM-12:00PM Music therapy&lunch
12:00PM-2:00PM Art therapy
2:00PM-4:00PM Kids wait in dayroom while you make dinner.
4:00PM-5:00PM Eating Dinner
5:00PM-7:00PM School
7:00PM-8:00PM Group
8:30PM Bedtime for Kids
9:00PM Bedtime for Teens

Explaining the Schedule
Ok, I know the schedule is confusing. Here we go.
Sims may shower anytime 6-8AM, if they are in the middle of the shower and the clock hits 8, they must get out.
Anywhere it says dayroom, you can switch it with outside area, its basically free time for the patients to do what they want
They eat a quick meal in the music therapy room while you play an instrument
The patients work on a painting in art therapy
In school, they should be homeschooled with the careers mod, now they work on homework
In group, you have a conversation in which every patient is included.
If someone needs to go to the quiet room, they stay there until any negative moodlet that isn't related to a need is gone, and eat in the room.

Pets
If you have the pets expansion, you may adopt a dog and have pet therapy when you are cooking a meal and the kids are waiting.

Relationships:
The teens may have romantic relationships, but if your character (the adult) catches them, the teen who initiated the interaction goes in the quiet room.

How to Win:
You win when all the children are young adults. They must move out as they age up
Or you could turn it into a legacy and have the youngest child stay and adopt more kids.

I know I spelt patient wrong, I mean like someone in a hospital. Please give me any feedback you have
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 6:40 PM
this hasn't even been up for two weeks and it says it hasn't had a reply for 2 weeks...
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 11:44 PM
This actually looks like a great challenge! I am SO going to do this one!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clobaby
This actually looks like a great challenge! I am SO going to do this one!

Thanks! Let me know if you have any problems
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 12:30 AM
Okay, question: where's the actual challenge?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FairyKairi
Okay, question: where's the actual challenge?

Huh, sorry I thought I put that in.You win when they are all YA
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 6:32 PM
Edit:Added romantic relationships and pets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 8:18 PM
Edit:Changed the schedule up a bit, considering how difficult it was for me
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 10:32 AM
Looks AWESOME! So trying!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleTickles
Looks AWESOME! So trying!

Thank you! Let me know how it goes!
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 1:37 AM
Im going to try this challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenna20000
Im going to try this challenge

Let me know how it goes
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 10:19 AM
I'm going to do this! I'll post pictures if I can
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shansimmer
I'm going to do this! I'll post pictures if I can

Please post pics!
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 12:27 PM
How to prevent kids from attending real school? should we remove school from the neighborhood? Should kids be Teens or Children on start of the game?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidalisova
How to prevent kids from attending real school? should we remove school from the neighborhood? Should kids be Teens or Children on start of the game?

You can either delete the school, or you can get the careers mod
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 10:34 AM
This looks very interesting, I think it'll be a nice challenge to try as my first one ^,^ If I change up any rules/do any of my own editing to the game play, I'll post it and I'll try to post pics when I can!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chidoroppu
This looks very interesting, I think it'll be a nice challenge to try as my first one ^,^ If I change up any rules/do any of my own editing to the game play, I'll post it and I'll try to post pics when I can!

Awesome! Id love to get some feedback from you, and I'm honored to have written your first challenge
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lop90804
Awesome! Id love to get some feedback from you, and I'm honored to have written your first challenge

Okay so I've made the characters and my asylum, just sticking to the three teens and me idea. With the exception of me, I left the teens basically to random design, only tweaking it to something I could live with seeing often.

My character is female, Ella Mist. She's a Night Owl, Genius, Natural Cook, Proper, and Friendly. I made her with the thought in mind that to be so young and already in charge of an asylum she had to be pretty smart and friendly. To better care for the kids she's a natural cook, and the night owl and proper is set so I have an excuse to make the romance extra secret between the teens due to her views on such matters ;P

The first teen was a girl, Cherish Light. I left all the teens traits to random besides making sure one was in the set of rules set out. She's Brooding, Handy, Socially Awkward, and Has a Good Sense of Humor.

The second teen was also a girl, Layla Vairn. She's Rebellious, Shy, a Night Owl, and a Virtuoso. I wasn't as lucky with the random chance making her rebellious already, so I switched Vehicle Enthusiast to Rebellious.

The third teen was supposed to be a girl as well, but I really wanted at least one guy, so he's a guy, Erick Hsu. He has a Good Sense of Humor, Hot-Headed, Perfectionist, and is a Klepto.

I set up the house in two floors.
The first floor has the majority of the asylum rooms; the art room, the music room, the leisure room, the gender seperated bathrooms, the dining room, kitchen, and the quiet room. The kitchen leads outside, so they have a nice sitting area and a pool to be in when out there.
The second floor has two rooms for the four teens, the girls in one and the boy in another. Both rooms have their own bathroom, and is set up to house two people. I purposely made it seem like the house should have another boy, but he is mysteriously not there with them XD. I have the classroom up there as well, and my room. Of course my room is the most lavish of all with a good sized bathroom, and when i eventually get pics up, You'll be able to see everything better XD

I haven't started the game play, but I will be taking various pics of them engaging in their usual activities, probably with the time stamp there so you can see if they are following the schedule or not

I ended up deleting the school, and decided to turn it into a residential lot. I'm going to build a bigger and better asylum there, to say that's where my sims aspires to work so she can have even MOAR patients she's helping. It's gonna be fun!
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 3:21 AM
I've chosen this to be the first challenge I really work at. I've tried others but I quit them because I get bored easily. It seems so fun!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chidoroppu
Okay so I've made the characters and my asylum, just sticking to the three teens and me idea. With the exception of me, I left the teens basically to random design, only tweaking it to something I could live with seeing often.

My character is female, Ella Mist. She's a Night Owl, Genius, Natural Cook, Proper, and Friendly. I made her with the thought in mind that to be so young and already in charge of an asylum she had to be pretty smart and friendly. To better care for the kids she's a natural cook, and the night owl and proper is set so I have an excuse to make the romance extra secret between the teens due to her views on such matters ;P

The first teen was a girl, Cherish Light. I left all the teens traits to random besides making sure one was in the set of rules set out. She's Brooding, Handy, Socially Awkward, and Has a Good Sense of Humor.

The second teen was also a girl, Layla Vairn. She's Rebellious, Shy, a Night Owl, and a Virtuoso. I wasn't as lucky with the random chance making her rebellious already, so I switched Vehicle Enthusiast to Rebellious.

The third teen was supposed to be a girl as well, but I really wanted at least one guy, so he's a guy, Erick Hsu. He has a Good Sense of Humor, Hot-Headed, Perfectionist, and is a Klepto.

I set up the house in two floors.
The first floor has the majority of the asylum rooms; the art room, the music room, the leisure room, the gender seperated bathrooms, the dining room, kitchen, and the quiet room. The kitchen leads outside, so they have a nice sitting area and a pool to be in when out there.
The second floor has two rooms for the four teens, the girls in one and the boy in another. Both rooms have their own bathroom, and is set up to house two people. I purposely made it seem like the house should have another boy, but he is mysteriously not there with them XD. I have the classroom up there as well, and my room. Of course my room is the most lavish of all with a good sized bathroom, and when i eventually get pics up, You'll be able to see everything better XD

I haven't started the game play, but I will be taking various pics of them engaging in their usual activities, probably with the time stamp there so you can see if they are following the schedule or not

I ended up deleting the school, and decided to turn it into a residential lot. I'm going to build a bigger and better asylum there, to say that's where my sims aspires to work so she can have even MOAR patients she's helping. It's gonna be fun!

Awesome! I like the idea of turning the school into an asylum.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolf_Howl
I've chosen this to be the first challenge I really work at. I've tried others but I quit them because I get bored easily. It seems so fun!!!

Thank you! Let me know how it works!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 8:57 PM
I have yet to recieve any feedback...are you guys liking this challenge?
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:56 PM
Hey loop! Uhh so I have two questions for you.
Since they are still children and teenagers, do you want me to delete the default school?
Also, I have a mod that allows me to have move than 8 sims. Can I play with 24 sims instead? :P
Anyways, that's all
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clyson
Hey loop! Uhh so I have two questions for you.
Since they are still children and teenagers, do you want me to delete the default school?
Also, I have a mod that allows me to have move than 8 sims. Can I play with 24 sims instead? :P
Anyways, that's all

Either delete the school or homeschool them. You may play with as many sims as you would like, as long as you at least have the ones I listed above
Page 1 of 2