Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 6:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I'm looking for a good laptop to play sims3 with.
(I don't know if it's the good place to post this)

Hi! I'm looking for a good laptop to play sims3 and possibly other games with, I prefer with almost all the settings the highest. I also have all the expansion packs, a few stuff packs and store-and custom content.

The thing I care the most about; which graphics card?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:12 PM
I don't know exactly what computer you should or anything (more something you should choose), but if you don't mind paying for it both Acer, Razer, and Alien Ware (REALLY high prices) have really good gaming equipment, so I'd look for those brands first. Also NewEgg has sales all that time and their used stuff is really cheap http://www.newegg.ca/ . I've gotten some great deals there.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 3:50 PM Last edited by gittevdv : 5th Oct 2015 at 4:47 PM.
My budget is 750 euro (yep, euro) by the way, but I prefer less.

I found one of 700 euro (785 dollar) with a NVIDIA Geforce 830M graphics card.

By the way, what does 'eg' mean?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 8:51 PM
That would probably run TS3 fine. E.g stands for exempli gratia and is basicly the same as i.e.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 7:08 AM
Okay...I'll look for it tonight.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 5:01 PM
http://www.laptopshop.be/product/58...62q-azerty.html

It's the only more less good one I found under 1000 euro. (on a site I know)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
That looks pretty good. i5 with a GTX 950m. The GTX chip is also stronger than GT chip so this 950m is really good. Generation 9 is the newest version too.

The only issue I see is the 5400 rpm HDD. Today's standard should be 7200 rpm or even an SSD.

What is that.