Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#26 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 6:40 PM
I'm not going to be bought off with some silly points. I can't think of anything I want either considering they will probably kill the shop soon anyway.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 6:46 PM
No button still. :/ Now I'm sad. I'm in the US using Firefox, no ad block. Maybe it has to do with the amount of Simpoints we've gotten recently? Or how much content we own? I really have no idea, haha. Hopefully it'll pop up, I really wanted those Simpoints!
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 6:53 PM
No button for me, alas. Refreshed several times, no luck.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 7:22 PM
I went to do something else, then got back, and the button suddenly showed up twice? So if it's not showing up for you - just try again later
Scholar
#30 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 7:49 PM
But the screenshot at SimsCave makes it look like by accepting the points you're also agreeing to the new patch and to playing with Origin online? Am I wrong? It certainly looks like you're agreeing to have your computer set up to receive notices and updates?

Or wait, is that the same old Store license agreement that was already there and I'd just being skittish?

Personally I'm trying to avoid the patch, which I guess means I won't be using the Store anymore either...a shame as I still have 2000 points left from when I was "grinding" for simpoints. But the last things I could imagine wanting were money-only items (a couple of worlds) and maybe one or two of the four or five expansions I don't have, which are not in the store anyway.

(Can I even sign in at the Store now without getting pestered about the patch?)
Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 7:52 PM
I don't have the new patch (avoiding it as well), and I can still buy and install things from the Store. I accepted the points, and everything just works fine.
Scholar
#32 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 7:59 PM
MariTom, thank you for the reassuring news.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 8:04 PM
You're welcome (Please don't hit me if I'm wrong, though - this is just my personal experience :'D)
Scholar
#34 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 8:21 PM
Now, if only I could spend simpoints on those few big things I would like! My budget does not extend to any more 20-40 dollar outlays.
Scholar
#35 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm not going to be bought off with some silly points. I can't think of anything I want either considering they will probably kill the shop soon anyway.

I don't know; they left the Sims 2 Store in place for a while after Sims 3 came out. Plus, supposedly, TS4 isn't doing as well as they thought, so I'll give them a few more years before we see the end of the TS3 store.
Alchemist
#36 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 8:57 PM
There's a discussion back the official forum about these points and it seems that they are tied to the original base game and World Adventures EP; kinda like re-registration. So if you're not getting points, you either don't have WA (minus 1000 points) or both the base game and WA are too new (no 2000 points). This is the info I gathered.
Instructor
#37 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
There's a discussion back the official forum about these points and it seems that they are tied to the original base game and World Adventures EP; kinda like re-registration. So if you're not getting points, you either don't have WA (minus 1000 points) or both the base game and WA are too new (no 2000 points). This is the info I gathered.

Years ago when I registered my base game I got 1000 points, WA couldn't get registered, for whatever reason my serial code was invalid(it's a common issue as I've seen many players having the same problem) so after couple years I decided to go to EA support chat and the attendant gave me a new serial code to register it to solve the issue and I got my 1000 points. I checked the OP tip and got the button and 1000 points.

Such a shame that there was a daily deal for that toddler set w/premium items and I missed, with these 1000 points and some I had by watching ads I could've get it.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Instructor
#38 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 11:46 PM
I was able to click twice and get 1,000 Simpoints both times! I got the rest of the Victorian Fashions, Street Couture, and Steampunk Savvy sets, the Brassy Lassy Bob, Sophisticated Updo, and Loli-Crown hairs, the Wedding Cake Dress, Ruffles! Dress for both teen and adult from the Homecoming set, the Regal Victoria Dress from the African Inspirations set, and the Fully Formal skirt from the Fanciful Fashions set, so my Victorian simmies will be happy and I can finally download that Jane Austen sim I've had my eye on! :3
Scholar
#39 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 11:48 PM
not a single solitary point, and I've been trying for two days...

was this a glitch, or was EA actually supporting this?

edited to add: I just caught the following post by @varpunen :

I have registered both WA and the basegame, and back when I did, I received points for them. Is that why I'm not getting points like y'all? Because I already received them?
Alchemist
#40 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
not a single solitary point, and I've been trying for two days...

was this a glitch, or was EA actually supporting this?

edited to add: I just caught the following post by @varpunen :

I have registered both WA and the basegame, and back when I did, I received points for them. Is that why I'm not getting points like y'all? Because I already received them?

No, that's not the reason. I also got the points when I registered those game the first time, as has many others. There are still some people back at the official forum, as well, who haven't gotten the points for some reason. So, in addition to the reasons I posted, there could be a some kind of glitch also going around. Whether or not these points are intentional... well, I'm still wondering about that myself. If it's not intentional, then that could explain this randomness.
Scholar
#41 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 1:20 AM
No, that's not the reason. I also got the points when I registered those game the first time, as has many others. There are still some people back at the official forum, as well, who haven't gotten the points for some reason. So, in addition to the reasons I posted, there could be a some kind of glitch also going around. Whether or not these points are intentional... well, I'm still wondering about that myself. If it's not intentional, then that could explain this randomness.

:lovestruc Thank you. I think there's hope in that, then.

I'm gonna keep trying a few times each day. I love the idea of getting Roaring Heights and Monte Vista...for later when I stop building stuff. (I used to actually play the game, and loved it, too.)
Field Researcher
#42 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 2:27 AM
I think the points had to do with when you could originally register TS3 and WA and get 1,000 free points back when they were first released. I did mine 5+ years ago, and was able to "claim" the points again.
Scholar
#43 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 2:31 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 18th Nov 2015 at 2:34 AM. Reason: added a sentence
I'm pretty sure Monte VIsta can only be gotten with money, not simpoints. edit: I would love to be wrong!
#44 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by southparkrocks
I was able to click twice and get 1,000 Simpoints both times

Wow, me too! A very pleasant surprise!
Instructor
#45 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 8:33 AM
Since this isn't working for everyone, gifting thread is over here for anyone who ended up with SimPoints they won't use and is feeling charitable, to give to those who are missing out on the freebies.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 8:37 AM

I have basegame and WA since, well, quite a lot of years now and i'm not seeing that damn "free points button" Maybe it's a country-based thing? Tried to switch to english/american in store account but nothing happens even after refreshing dozens times.
How many europeans got the free points button? Just for curiosity.
Scholar
#47 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
I have basegame and WA since, well, quite a lot of years now and i'm not seeing that damn "free points button" Maybe it's a country-based thing? Tried to switch to english/american in store account but nothing happens even after refreshing dozens times.

I'm Irish and I got 1000 points from it. So I'm guessing that's not it?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Instructor
#48 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 11:24 AM

I'm European, owning an original physical base game and physical WA (both in English), and I received the 1,000 simponts twice (so 2,000 total). Happy happy! I don't remember if I registered them earlier or not. - Edit: I have made purchases in the Store about a month ago, premium objects.
And guys, don't forget, there's Black Friday soon, worth to check Sims 3 Store because of that, and also, before Christmas, during the holidays, last year the Store offered a free premium item on each days of the holidays!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 11:28 AM

I'm in England and got points on the US site. I have both basegame and WA, and had points for those when I registered them. But I've never purchased anything through the store, only spent free points and received gifts.
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 11:58 AM
I got the 1000 points twice and have never owned any form of WA. The most likely theory to me seems to be it is to try and encourage people who have not used the store to do so.
Page 2 of 5