Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Replies: 2048 (Who?), Viewed: 92049 times.
Page 82 of 82
Alchemist
#2026 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
For the first time in a while, I wasn't numb. I was vibrant. I felt everything properly. Not the muted feelings I always have. I felt actually happy, in love, sad, etc. It was nice. Now I'm back to being stuck inside my head and my feelings are back to being watered down.

Take the vibrancy as it comes.

Living in Washington State, I usually felt like you do now, like tired, bland, not quite myself.

Hope you had a good time feeling whole. I can only imagine how painful it is to not emote properly.

I actually feel bad for you. When one is not themselves, it can be a nightmare to try and find someone to relate to.

At least I know today my packages have yet to come.

I slept until noon today and I will need to readjust my sleep schedule.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Alchemist
#2027 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 3:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
I actually feel bad for you

That's not the correct phrase to use...

Today has been okay. The dog has gotten into this habit of waking up at 8am to run to the front door and bark loudly at nothing. It wakes me up, and today was my day off! I wanted a lie in! Either way, it's lovely and sunny, so I've been playing outside with him.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#2029 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 7:54 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 21st Apr 2018 at 12:15 AM.
Argh...

I can't seem to do anything right today. Beyond trying to empathize with people I can't see, I passed up an opportunity to tell George how I felt about him.

Urgh! What a miserable time to be alive. I can't tell if my honesty is sincere anymore NOR can I figure out how to collect better recipes for my personal cookbook. Last year's attempt at rainbow fruit ice pops ended in failure, I can't find an import store that sells rainbow sushi rice from Mexico and that's just for special occasions.

Nevermind, I am trying to do my best and I keep beating myself up for small things that hold great importance.

The only great things that happened today was I found the right type of spirulina (last time I bought it, it was a dark green and I was looking for blue) along with other powders for my homemade rainbow veggie sushi.

I'm trying my best. Personally, what's up with me is being beat down by the fact that in a couple weeks, I have job training and I don't want to be an interviewee from Hell, making dumb jokes or not doing something unless directed. In all honesty, this is going to be a make-or-break day when it comes and I have to hold off on every dumb joke, pun, gag or any suspect behaviors that shows I am not taking my future seriously.

I also got a shower after many long hours at my PC and Smartphone. It got to the point of dreadlocks started forming. But then again, my hair has gotten longer in the past couple of months thanks to a heavy regimen involving biotin, a rather inert nutrient that aids in the health of hair, skin and nails. Being inert, it's highly unlikely, almost impossible for overdose, however, I have been known to abuse my hair and I still have a bleach job that was botched.

Either way, I still have to deal with not only the elephant in the room, but it seems the elephant invited his two other dangerous friends: the hippopotamus and the rhinoceros. This how pressure is for me, an anxiety patient with very little reason to open up to strangers face-to-face.

If something changes my mind about today, in a positive way, I might update. Can't really hope for anything more than a miracle.

Update: On Facebook, which nearly my entire family is on, my aunt Jeanne (my father's younger sister) shared a picture of her dearly departed dog Justus in life, getting smacked by her current and only pet, a cat named Smush.

Smush had reason to smack Justus, because Justus peed on Smush one time. Justus was a digestive daredevil, eating things he shouldn't and puking it back up. Then again, his breeds were a mix of poo eating dogs. Smush, when he was younger, would steal mentholated cough drops and Bluetooth headsets. Justus used to steal part of Smush's dinner and since Justus died a few months ago, Smush has gotten rather fat, but he's still ornery as ever.

I don't want to be friends with any of you who have Facebook, because I want to keep my life with you guys separate from my family. No offense, but my family is more over the top at times than myself.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Alchemist
#2030 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 6:32 PM
Well, I decided not to be quiet and told my father I hated the rice I had on hand. It doesn't come out dry enough to be compliant with a sushi slurry made of rice wine vinegar, mirin and sugar.

In other news, I got skunked again waiting for my Japanese packages. Maybe Monday.

My father and I will be looking for suitable sushi rice for a project I had in mind.

I also got things back together in my shopping list.

Alchemist
#2031 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 7:44 PM
5 nosebleeds. Toothache. Trying not to fall asleep at work.

Top Secret Researcher
#2032 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 8:46 PM
i simply want to die, and will try making it happen as soon as i find the courage
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2033 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 5:16 AM
Quote:
Argh...

I can't seem to do anything right today. Beyond trying to empathize with people I can't see, I passed up an opportunity to tell George how I felt about him.

Urgh! What a miserable time to be alive. I can't tell if my honesty is sincere anymore NOR can I figure out how to collect better recipes for my personal cookbook. Last year's attempt at rainbow fruit ice pops ended in failure, I can't find an import store that sells rainbow sushi rice from Mexico and that's just for special occasions.

Man very sorry to hear that. I feel bad for you.

Today I tried making a tuna fish Sandwich and the juices squirt all over my shirt. And I just got this shirt. So I had to change. But we got this new wheat bread and that really made the sandwich taste better.

Felt hot all day because of the AC wasn't turned on. Gotta fight with my fam over it. I turn it on, they turn it off.

But I guess it was okay because I end up having a cannabis chocolate so I was high for about 2 hours. These chocolates have 210 calories apparently, with each piece consisting of 10mg. The pieces are quite small, similar in size to a skittle. Took two around 16:30.

View my (WIP) Pinterest boards to find TS2 CC that fits Mediterranean and MENA 'hoods of all Eras:
Cars | Historical | Misc | Build | Buy

I'm the mother f-ing pharaoh of this modthesims shit.
Theorist
#2034 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:21 PM
I got tired of dealing with the trolls at my doctors office telling me what kind of exercise is best. First they tell me I need to stay inside because of all the evil pollen. Then they tell me I shouldn't lift weights and if I do, they should be kept light. Nope! I'm not wasting my time with 2 lb dumbbells. Muscle burns fat. Using weights that don't challenge muscle to make them stronger is wasting energy and not in a good way. When their light weight argument didn't fly, then they tell me to go for 15 minute walks assuming I take a mountain of drugs before leaving the house.

I said enough with the nonsense and bullshit and bought a desk cycle . Doing so allows me to stay in my frickin' 'bubble' AKA the house and I don't have to worry about the stupid pollen or stupid people of which there is no shortage of. The new toy came in Wednesday. I've put almost 200 miles on it since then. The next time the trolls get all up in my grill about how I should only engage in endurance-type exercise, they can't say anything although they will find something to hen-peck me about.

Sometimes you just have to tell people to STFU. Nothing good comes from endless yapping, nagging and being a general pain the ass while handing out conflicting advice. As for the weights, I'm still doing it whether they like it or not as it makes me happy. 2 lb dumbbells are good for putting on the floor and raising toes for deadlifts.

There's no rest for the wicked
Alchemist
#2035 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:13 PM
Well, I got some papers and other recycling off the floor and the laundry into the hamper.

My room is a fucking nightmare. I have garbage of the recyclable and non-recyclable type filling up the cans, there's laundry of involving socks without mates, I need to put clean laundry away, but I first need to sweep the floor, reroute the wires to the charge hub I build and then, once it's done, I won't feel so paranoid about spiders. I have nothing against East Coast spiders, it's the West Coast ones I used to swallow, about 2 each week on average. My parents may be kind to spiders, but if you cross the threshold, your life is over. The last thing they see is the sole of a Converse high top.

Mad Poster
#2036 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 6:06 PM
I said enough with the nonsense and bullshit and bought a desk cycle . Doing so allows me to stay in my frickin' 'bubble' AKA the house and I don't have to worry about the stupid pollen or stupid people of which there is no shortage of. The new toy came in Wednesday. I've put almost 200 miles on it since then. The next time the trolls get all up in my grill about how I should only engage in endurance-type exercise, they can't say anything although they will find something to hen-peck me about.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip about the under desk cycle. One is whisking its way to my house as I type. I'll have to pass on the weights, though. Weight training is not something most doctors like in people with lymphadema from node removal during breast cancer surgery. But I do have some exercises I do for that, so with the cycle I'll be all covered.

Like you, I can't be out in the elements. Additionally, I'm as white as a sheet of printer paper (not kidding even a little bit), so being outside for any length of time is contra indicated. I have to take out the garbage and check the mail early in the morning or late afternoon.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
#2037 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:12 PM
Well. Had a very interesting day yesterday...
I had been vacuuming the night before yesterday and the power went out in only part of the basement. When I woke up yesterday morning, I discovered that both DVRs weren't working either. I told dad about this and he recommended that I call the cable company BUT I needed a 16-digit account number, which I didn't know. So then my dad recommended that I try to deal with the circuit breaker (since the power was still gone in part of the basement) and flip the switches. That actually solved both the light issue AND the DVR issue, so I didn't even need to call the cable company.
...But I did end up missing some episodes of a show I'm really getting into. I think there's another episode of it tonight though...

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Alchemist
#2038 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:17 PM
Work was okay. There's this girl at work people don't seem to like her that much because she's a little over-expressive and pompous. I like her though. People keep pawning her off on me when they're suppose to be working with her. I can't tell if she thinks it's normal because she's new or if she's worked out that she can be too much for some people and just accepts it. Either way, she reminds me of the me I am in my head (behind all the shyness), and I like that about her. Also, turns out we have a lot in common; our birthdays are 2 days apart, we have the same birth mark on our arms, same missing tooth and turns out, the flat I lived in with my ex-Fiance is the same flat she use to live in when she was 10.

I was a little annoyed today that one of my coworkers was kinda bitching about her to me, just because she had come on shift and asked who she was working with before people had been assigned partners (we work in 2s). They also bitch because of all her hand gestures when she talks, the spring in her step and she's got a very southern/Upper-class/"British" accent. They also think it's weird that she's so attached to me, although what can you expect when people keep saying "Cassie can you look after [her] for a minute?", also I think I'm one of the only ones who has made the effort to get to know her. I think they're a little jealous though, because she just seems like a ray of sunshine compared to some of the people I work with who seem to hate their jobs.

Which reminds me, today the sister of the resident I have 1:1 with on Sundays told me that I'm always happy and smiling. It was nice, considering I refer to myself as "a little rain cloud".

Field Researcher
#2039 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 6:36 PM
i feel kinda bad,

i didn't sleep very well at my best friends own house, and on the couch i end up having backache.
my best friend kept talking about everything, i mean sure i could say something
but i mean more like: if we are watching a movie she keeps talking what's happening to the movie!

i had good times too, because we brought chips/fries and ate it at her house, we danced as hell, we throwed a party just the 2 of us
i met her quidance, we went shopping and buys some food for the movie. we stayed up pretty like, and we went outside (other then shopping)
we went to the forest and talked about everything and to see the forest of course

both my parents picked me up. my best friends mom and stepdad was coming at the same time too
my mom came along with my best friends mom, and my dad came along with my best friends step dad.
the neighbour from my best friends mom was coming too so i got to meet her.

we talked about our work, house and about my birthday that's coming up!
then in like about 40 minutes after my parents picked me up we were leaving the house (however my best friend got mad to her mom because we didn't clean the plate and glass up and because it was too warm in her house)

then my parents and i went to the county fair and after like almost an hour i didn't felt very well,
i already had a backache before we were leaving, but i got nauseous a little bit, i was tired (i still am actually)
my head was very full and i was irritated! when someone was complainig to me i was all like: leave me alone and don't talk to me

but i'm calm now

today when i was at work some co-workers were fighting about each other (not me though)
but one co-worker kept complaining about laughing her out or about her work or home so i had to scream just to tell her to shut the hell up about her work, home or to someone who she kept complaining because i was so done with her.

after break we went outside but less people joined with me and the quidance oh well (i'm not complaining though)
but there's also good news: on Friday i have kingsday in the Netherlands so i'm off from work (i'm going to my parents that day)
Theorist
#2040 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 8:00 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 23rd Apr 2018 at 8:04 PM. Reason: after thoughts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1

Thanks for the tip about the under desk cycle. One is whisking its way to my house as I type. I'll have to pass on the weights, though. Weight training is not something most doctors like in people with lymphadema from node removal during breast cancer surgery. But I do have some exercises I do for that, so with the cycle I'll be all covered.

My desk is a little to short for me to use it directly under my desk, so the peddle part is pulled out so my knees don't smack into the desk drawer. If there wan't a drawer, I'd have plenty of clearance to use it as I'm supposed to. There is a accessory arm that I could buy that supposedly lowers the 'cycle' by a inch or something like that, but even that wouldn't be enough, so I'm not going to bother.

I use it regardless of how I feel. Days like today it has been really useful. I've been a total sloth all day as I have zero energy. I've walked the dog, fed everybody including myself, made a new avatar and have been watching Iron Seagull videos. Meanwhile, the yard is a total mess and there isn't much I can do about it. I may get after hubby and my son when they get home to start cleaning up. It is nice out and both of them like to play with the leaf blower. The inside of the house is clean, I don't even have enough laundry to do which is rare, so they have nothing to complain about.

This life of being confined to indoors is not making me happy. I feel like the walls are caving in on me. As much as I don't want to deal with a allergist, one was recommended to me from somebody outside of the doctors office, so maybe it won't be a nightmare like the last one I went to. It will have to wait until I pay the stupid ER bill though. They charged me over $20.00 for a neb treatment. If that wasn't bad enough, they charged me over $2.00 for 60 mg of Prednisone. It costs me just over a dollar to so a Pred taper for a week. SMH The total bill I have to pay is over $300.00.

Anyway, the desk cycle is awesome and worth the money.

Alchemist
#2041 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 11:44 AM.
Got my Asian groceries at the H-Mart behind my grandparents' house. The weirdest visual I gave to the store was I put a 15 pound bag of rice in the child seat and went in search of my ingredients going through the aisles and the majority of the Asian food was packed in Korean packaging, which I am still trying to learn the language.

Either way, I am also making udon noodles and miso soup with my supplies.

My father and I agree that whatever the government gives me is half of a decent amount. For those wondering how much disability pays out in NJ, it about $781\month.

In all honesty, one cannot survive in America with an amount of less than $1,000. In fact, a lot of services that are paid with taxes in other countries and are free by virtue of the taxes, you have to pay for every damn thing in America. Housing and healthcare are the real life equivalent of micro transactions, but in their case, you need them. The only big reason socializing America is being held back is due to the older generations worrying of Communist invasion and other such connotations of losing our freedoms.

But I digress. Our family is extremely progressive. However, the hard part is trying to influence others.

But overall, my day was good.

P.S. I'm getting tired of the "my wording being taken out of context" shit. My family is not politically active right now nor have they ever. In fact, my father had a relapse and I am trying to stay strong in his stead. We may vote for officials, but that is about it.

Field Researcher
#2042 Old Yesterday at 10:22 PM
i'm doing a bit better

however i got a little problem when it comes to invitation card (or however you call that when you invite your friends to your birthday)
i got a message to my mom from my e-mail that i need to look to the picture which is beautiful to put it to the invitation card
i try to put the pictures on my own but i failed so i didn't saved it up (you couldn't read the letters)

so i called from help to my quidance but the printer doesn't work and now i don't know what i'm supposed to do with it anymore
i recently messaged my mom from her mail that the printer doesn't work so i hope i get my message back soon!

on Friday i have a work off because of kingsday (koningsdag in dutch) or else the boss or co-workers from there could help me
looking for a beautiful pictures i like and put it there so you could see the letters my mom wrote!

so yes i kinda have a problem right now when it comes to put the pictures to microsoft words!

because my birthday is coming up in 28 days and i celebrate it 4 days after my actual birthday so i wanna finish it ASAP!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2043 Old Today at 12:53 AM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 6:49 AM.
Quote:
But I digress. Our family is extremely progressive. However, the hard part is trying to influence others.

Progressivism is why America sucks now. My family, including me, are being pushed out of our home and community of 19 years because of what progressivism has done to local culture and local economy as of late. There has been a mass amount of illegal immigration due to the massively promoted ideal that immigration in general is good, and the lenient policies and attitudes that follow thereafter. I know of many small businesses, like the one my dear friend Rob owns, have been forced to close up shop due to big tech companies taking over. This mass immigration and real estate development has caused a local increase in land and housing prices. My brother is moving to Oregon now to escape this crisis as he can't afford 1.2k for a shitty 2 bedroom apt in the ghetto anymore. And I'll never see him again once he moves.

Then when one looks around for a job, most of the jobs begin to require bachelor degrees for the most basic of menial tasks, like flipping hamburgers or imputing work logs into a computer. Not many people can afford the debt which follows a college education. So without a job, one has only the option to jump ship like my brother.

You people with your progressive and liberal ideologies have no idea the toll you are putting on the average American family. And then when a president gets elected that understands to a (minor) extent the troubles people like me and my family face you all criticize him for pussy grabbing, instead of seeing the bigger picture as to why he was able to get elected in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned you progressive and liberal vultures can fucking go to hell and keep your disease to yourselves in the process of doing that.

View my (WIP) Pinterest boards to find TS2 CC that fits Mediterranean and MENA 'hoods of all Eras:

Theorist
#2044 Old Today at 1:07 AM
Dear Yib,

I'm sure you are a nice person and all, but please, do not pretend as though you are the voice of millions of sims players. You're not. Sims players have been speaking for ourselves since 2000. That hasn't changed. If I wanted you to speak for me in some shape or form, I'd ask you to, but since I haven't, don't.

K, Pumpkin? I'm glad I could clear this up.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#2045 Old Today at 2:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Dear Yib,

I'm sure you are a nice person and all, but please, do not pretend as though you are the voice of millions of sims players. You're not. Sims players have been speaking for ourselves since 2000. That hasn't changed. If I wanted you to speak for me in some shape or form, I'd ask you to, but since I haven't, don't.

K, Pumpkin? I'm glad I could clear this up.

Who are you even talking to?

Top Secret Researcher
#2046 Old Today at 9:09 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : Today at 9:50 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
Who are you even talking to?
EA cultivated a crop of boosters and Influencers for whom they coined the term Yibsims. It's a similar concept to the fifty-cent party as originally imagined (i.e., when the fifty-centers were thought to be freelance cheerleaders for the Chinese gov't, before we knew that they're actually regular gov't employees.)

I believe the shortened term "Yib" is somewhat derogatory. At least, when I've seen it on MTS, it wasn't meant to flatter. But possibly, the unflattering connotations come from the actual role that the Yibs play, rather than how they're named.

On a separate matter, HarVee, ...[debate-ish material deleted, HarVee's right about it not belonging in this thread]

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2047 Old Today at 9:24 AM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 9:37 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
EA cultivated a crop of boosters and Influencers for whom they coined the term "Yibsims". It's a similar concept to the fifty-cent party as originally imagined (i.e., when the fifty-centers were thought to be freelance cheerleaders for the Chinese gov't, before we knew that they're actually regular gov't employees.)

On another matter, I didn't entirely get your post about how everybody has to leave California because the jobs all require college degrees and are going to illegal immigrants. Something doesn't add up.

Well It isn't California I'm talking about. It's Nevada. The Northern area near Reno specially. I don't want to get to much into it as this isn't a debate thread. Research within the last 20 years will show you the increased market priced for housing. A lower-middle class income family like mine simply cannot afford these outlandish prices. What once used to cost 700 bucks for a 2 apt now costs about 1.2k and unless you work UCLA (exaggeration) or the local Tesla plant you can't afford an apt around here anymore.

That Tesla factory is the worst thing to happen to northern Nevada in a long time. As a local, please do not believe the international/national lies they spoon feed you.

Alchemist
#2048 Old Today at 11:58 AM
Right now, I have come to the conclusion that my government is going allow me to languish unless I find a job.

This is the terrifying truth for me.

And yes, my job placement interview is looming.

Mad Poster
#2049 Old Today at 12:37 PM
You are very brave, Harvee.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Page 82 of 82