Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 1354 (Who?), Viewed: 67132 times.
Page 3 of 55
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:37 PM
I. Love. Diehard.

One of my favorite movies of all time. And a Christmas classic. ;D

I'm feeling a little lost. But I'm starting to cheer up.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#52 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 9:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siletka
I. Love. Diehard.

Are you a diehard fan? Sorry, I had to do that
I made a sandwich using a baguette today. It was a nice sandwich, so of course I'm happy!
dodgy builder
#53 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:06 PM
Quote:
I. Love. Diehard.

Oh yes. I just regret I didn't download the airport classic instead. I got the yakatami building, probably wrong spelling. I have used all my gb and had to buy more as well.

I was out eating beef with custard and cognac saus. It was fab! Recommended by trip advisor
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#54 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:07 PM
So, how's Rome?
dodgy builder
#55 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
So, how's Rome?

I always love Rome. Was planning to see Coppedé tomorrow, but my travelling companions suitcase was probably stolen and then returned. Now we have to sit and wait for delivery tomorrow morning. I really do hope they turn up.

Who's to blame if someone takes the wrong suitcase off the carrousel?
#56 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:16 PM
Ice cream at San Crispino and then coffee at Sant'Eustacchio and the world will be a better place again.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:29 PM
Been having a good day today. Got to go home early, got a muffin and my favorite coffee drink, and now I get to work on some personal projects while my parrot gives me kisses and watches in fascination as I type.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Oh yes. I just regret I didn't download the airport classic instead. I got the yakatami building, probably wrong spelling. I have used all my gb and had to buy more as well.

I was out eating beef with custard and cognac saus. It was fab! Recommended by trip advisor

How dare you take that building's name in vain! You dastardly hooligan!

Nakatomi Plaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa1500
Are you a diehard fan? Sorry, I had to do that
I made a sandwich using a baguette today. It was a nice sandwich, so of course I'm happy!

/sunglasses

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
dodgy builder
#59 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
How dare you take that building's name

Oh shit!! It wasn't just the spelling! I'm so sorry!

I just noticed earlier today, the nabour building has no windows and look all empty. Still there is a man there selling some old crap on the ground floor. Suddenly I hate my street

I'm in bed zzzzzzz I will look up those streets tomorrow Don.
Instructor
#60 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:13 AM
Today? Well, woke up and realized I'm still here :-)
#61 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
(...)

I'm in bed zzzzzzz I will look up those streets tomorrow Don.
It's not streets; it's the name of the places. San Crispino is in a side alley near Fontana di Trevi and Sant'Eustacchio near the church of the same name.
Scholar
#62 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:41 AM
*looks around wildly* I heard ice cream

Everytime we had a layover in Milan airport I'd buy two slices of pizza, and then buy the biggest bowl(?) of straccittella ice cream that they'd then pile into the bowl using a spatula. #icecreamgoals
Inventor
DELETED POST
23rd Dec 2015 at 7:14 PM
This message has been deleted by stitch_too.
Banned
Original Poster
#63 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 2:36 PM
So hard to concentrate, to think. Haven't slept in 62 hours, every time one tries to he just can't fall asleep.
Alchemist
#64 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 3:59 PM
Completely stuck on this essay. I've been getting Firsts in this class, but this essay is worth about 50% of my grade so if I mess it up I'll pull my grade down. I've worked out I'm at around a 75, so if I end up pulling my grade down by just 6 points I'll lose my first. I'm going to pull my grade down regardless because my average grade is around a 64 - which means (based on my attempt at maths) if I get my average I'll atleast finish with a 70 overall, but I'd like to make sure I definitely get a first,so I'm aiming for a 70 on this essay.

But this essay is hard, and I'm not at home so I feel uncomfortable (doesn't help that my in-laws have strict laptop rules, and when I'm at my sisters my laptop wont connect to the wifi). Plus I don't care at all about the subject matter and I can find literally no papers on anything so I'm worried some paragraphs are 'off-topic' as they stray a little from the topic.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#65 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 6:17 PM
What's the subject, Bigsimsfan12? If you specify, then perhaps an expert will be reading and PM you with some pointers.
Alchemist
#66 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 6:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
What's the subject, Bigsimsfan12? If you specify, then perhaps an expert will be reading and PM you with some pointers.

How feminism influenced modern female sexuality - e.g. poly relationships, sex positiveness, etc.

So far I've wrote 500 words on poly relationships, not sure it really links to feminism.. or to females... I'm not good at the social side of Psychology.

#67 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 7:19 PM
Oooh, sounds difficult- maybe someone who knows something about this subject will PM you with some things to think about, I always find that just talking about a subject with someone else will open up the thought process a bit.
Alchemist
#68 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 7:33 PM
We'll see
I'm thinking of emailing my lecturer and asking if I can change my essay question a little bit. I feel like it's too broad a topic (but also too rigid at the same time) for me to find any decent articles (most non-monogamous related papers were evolutionary psych or based on animals), and nothing on the reading list she provided were very helpful.

Instructor
#69 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 9:03 PM
I just saw the news about the floods in Great Britain and I'm wondering if @pizza is ok?

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Instructor
#70 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrymato
I just saw the news about the floods in Great Britain and I'm wondering if @pizza is ok?

Awww! I'm all fine it hasn't hit me down here but I think there are a few MTS members that may be near the areas! You're such a sweety I hope you had a nice Christmas
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 11:12 PM
just happy as usual, my best friend managed to make it out of her nan's house and luckily the house and her dad's hasn't been damaged from the flood. I know a lot of people from school live in the flooded area so I don't know about the situation for them. I was quite surprised that the town next to the one I live in flooded. I always thought it was on high land. I wonder whether the school will start later than it was supposed to do due to the floods even though the school hasn't been hit, but many student may have issues getting there.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
#72 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 12:09 AM
Where are you, @coolsim22 @pizza ? I'm in the southwest, and it's okay here. But we had bad floods a few years back, so I'm feeling very sorry for the north.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Where are you, @coolsim22 @pizza ? I'm in the southwest, and it's okay here. But we had bad floods a few years back, so I'm feeling very sorry for the north.

Manchester in the Northwest, in the town next to the flooded one!

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Theorist
#74 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 12:59 AM
Isn't there a way to prevent these things from happening? For my feelings the floods happen every few years in the UK. And it's not like you there have that different of a climate/weather than this side of the North Sea. Anyway, I hope you're all okay.
#75 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 1:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor86
Isn't there a way to prevent these things from happening? For my feelings the floods happen every few years in the UK. And it's not like you there have that different of a climate/weather than this side of the North Sea. Anyway, I hope you're all okay.

In the area where I live at least, many of the flooding problems are caused by building on flood planes, poor road design/ drainage and rerouting of waterways to accommodate new building. In 2007 the area where I live flooded as a direct result of a sluice gate being left closed. This sluice gate was added when a brook was diverted to build a new road junction. A new housing estate was built nearby and the water run-off from that flooded the brook. If the sluice gate had been left open, the water would have flowed to a canal and then a river. However, the decision was made to leave it closed because of fears that a nearby electricity sub-station would be inundated. The substation was built on a flood plane, too. If that had flooded then the entire city would have been evacuated as the water supply was already cut off.

TLDR: a bit of a mess and not really surprising that things get wet.
Page 3 of 55