Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1201 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 10:03 PM
I want chicken noodle soup too? Please?

Need some help at the Creators' feedback, if your guys have time? Thanks, I will not neglect my bar tender duties!
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#1202 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 3:57 AM
Ok, so we have three scores ready. One more to go. There's one director who will not be participating in this due to an ailment.
Field Researcher
#1203 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 2:23 PM
Sorry about that - that's me. I've been all of March and still not better. I was really hoping to be able to judge the last round. But it's gotten the better of me - no focus.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Field Researcher
#1204 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 6:29 PM
That's quite unfortunate to hear kiri! Thank you for having the courage to let everybody know and I wish you well on your recovery!

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#1205 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 7:22 PM
Oh Kiri - I'm so sorry you are still unwell! You are at the top of my prayer-list - you'll get better, I know it!!!
I'll pass around the chicken soup to all who want it (Thank you Jones - it was much better than the canned kind!) I'm switching to a Z-pack this afternoon. Goin' to the Dr at 4pm. ...When it's green (and bloody) it's past time to go, you know!
Ickle-me will be better soon *sigh*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1206 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
Sorry about that - that's me. I've been all of March and still not better. I was really hoping to be able to judge the last round. But it's gotten the better of me - no focus.

Hope the focus will return very soon - wishing you a speedy recovery from here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1207 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 10:03 PM
Kiri and Cat, I hope you both get better soon. Take care of yourselves.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#1208 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 2:33 AM
Default TOWN CONTRACT #4 Scores (Part 1 of 2)
TOWN CONTRACT #4 - Results (Details)

Thank you all for your submissions to this last town contract. These are the details of the scoring,
along with an image of what the judges used to determine your score. The
following post is a breakdown of your company's spending for the round.

- - - - - NOTE - - - - -

Some scoring in Sections C, M, & N have been revised by myself to accurately reflect
the conditions set out in the round. They will be noted with brackets " [ ] ".
Additional comments from myself are also noted in brackets to explain the revisions.

Due to an ailment from one of our directors, the scores in brackets " ( ) "
have be added in place of that director's score. The number of points received in lieu of
that director's score has been placed using a geometric mean of the four submitted scores
rounded down to the nearest whole number for each section, except for TTL.

Scholar
Original Poster
#1209 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 2:34 AM
Default TOWN CONTRACT #4 Scores (Part 2 of 2)

The detailed scoring of this last contract can be viewed at the post above this one. We will declare the winner in the following post.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1210 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 2:34 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 15th Apr 2016 at 3:41 AM.
Default Declaration of the Winner & Runners-up
Announcing the Winner!

A valiant effort to everyone who participated.
Here are the other companies & their final positions
after earning & spending simoleons.

We hope you enjoyed the contest, & hope you'll
be taking away great thoughts from the past 3 1/2 months.

Closing remarks to follow below...
Scholar
Original Poster
#1211 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 2:40 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 16th Apr 2016 at 3:25 AM.
Thank you all for your efforts in participating with this contest. These past three & a half months, I hope, have been a fun & enjoyable experience, one of learning & trying new things. I don't believe we've had a contest like this in the past, it's certainly a new way of scoring with simoleons, rather than ordinary points. I know that there have been times when it seemed overwhelming to read the town contracts, there were lots of details to examine. Some of you were attracted to the allure of finance. I appreciate the fact that even though arithmetic may not be the strong point for some of you, you've still continued to play along, despite the challenge this would posed.

One of the things I've learned about this competition is that simoleon prices change on certain items & with different official game setups, even though the properties were never occupied. That Moneywell Computer was an interesting object. One thing I also didn't expect & learned was that some of you live in 12 hours away in different time zones. I hope it wasn't very inconvenient waiting for responses to questions. Additionally, in hindsight I should have provided Excel sheets from the beginning of the competition to make calculating your company's construction costs easier.

I'd like to thank some folks who've help to make this competition possible. ModTheSims & ModYourPanties for use of their servers for images & forum space in this sub-forum for the three & a half months. I'd like to thank our moderator, justJones, who approved this contest, & having it exist exclusively here, despite it lasting longer than the expected two to three month timetable.

There's also Honeywell, ekrubynaffit, CatherineTCJD, & trambling101 for helping to pass word about this contest to other Simmers, & more specifically in finding directors. I feel there are others I may have missed out, please forgive me, do state your dues below, & I'll amend this closing remarks. As well, I'd like to thank our volunteer Board of Directors for their time to dedicate in examining the properties, it got more involving with the last contract due to all the tiny specifics asked for. Also, with some sections being quite subjective & leaving it to be interpreted by the directors, I'd imagine it was a different experience, one that may have been somewhat difficult to make decisions on & to write down their thoughts on certain entries.

As a small token to those who finished the contest, please accept (download from the attachments) your exclusive-to-use-and-distribute Monopoly Game Town Certificates. These are in the form of a decorative wall hanging & can be found in that section of The Sims 2 Buy Mode catalog. I shall PM you all the Password to your certificate. As the recipient of the certificate, only you will have the privilege of distributing it as you please without need for crediting of the certificate's designs.

The certificates cost one hundred simoleons. Each certificate possesses the name of the construction company, & the amount of simoleons left in your company's coffers. They are also signed by myself (d_dgjdhh) & the Town's Mayor, Mr. Milburn Pennybags. I hope everyone will consider the opportunity to package their entries for the Downloads section of ModTheSims, I know some of you have already done so with entries that were not submitted, or were modified. As an idea, perhaps you can also display the certificates in your company's office as a small memento of the contest.

I imagine that some may be interested in leaving feedback about their experience with this competition, & so I'd like to know what could have been changed & improved from this competition. How would you have run this contest differently, for example. Let us know, since your feedback can be useful for future contests like this that use simoleons as a factor of scoring participants. Perhaps in the audience there are folks who've watched & taken notes about what they can do & not do.

So, for all the real estate development companies here, the Town relieves your company from service to its citizens. Thank you, & farewell. You may leave your temporary offices that were constructed the beginning of the year.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Attached files:
File Type: rar  TMTC2016_Certificate_01.rar (933.8 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for CA Construction, 1st Place.
File Type: rar  TMTC2016_Certificate_02.rar (922.1 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for Simopoly Real Estate Property Developers, 2nd Place.
File Type: rar  TMTC2016_Certificate_03.rar (927.7 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for JP Co., 3rd Place.
File Type: rar  TMTC2016_Certificate_04.rar (924.3 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for Winters Building Group, 4th Place.
File Type: rar  TMTC2016_Certificate_05.rar (1.07 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for Jones & Moltke Construction Ltd., 5th Place.
File Type: rar  TMTC2016_Certificate_06.rar (1.07 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for Sims Virtual Realty, 6th Place.
File Type: rar  TMTC2016_Certificate_07.rar (927.2 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for Integrity Building Group, 7th Place.
File Type: rar  TMTC2016_Certificate_08.rar (1.06 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for From The Ground Up Building Group, 8th Place.
File Type: zip  TMTC2016_Certificate_09.zip (1.09 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Certificate for The Three Flamingos, 9th Place.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1212 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 3:49 AM
Thank you for taking the time to put together a really great and different contest d_dgjdhh. The maths side lost me-which Is why I ended up in last place! But I am fine with that, I enter contests to build and decorate which I had fun doing.
I'm not sure what the password is for? I downloaded the certificate without needing to do anything but click on the link.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#1213 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Thank you for taking the time to put together a really great and different contest d_dgjdhh. The maths side lost me-which Is why I ended up in last place! But I am fine with that, I enter contests to build and decorate which I had fun doing.
I'm not sure what the password is for? I downloaded the certificate without needing to do anything but click on the link.

You obviously did not extract it, lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1214 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:22 AM
Ah, okay now I see! You're right I didn't try and extract it. very clever.

Edit: it's not working. It tells me it failed in the encrypted file. I copied and pasted the password you pm'd me into the password box.

PS. My lobby is open in the hope that housekeeping will not get stuck, but knowing how they are, they will probably dislike my front door and freeze there.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#1215 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Ah, okay now I see! You're right I didn't try and extract it. very clever.

Edit: it's not working. It tells me it failed in the encrypted file. I copied and pasted the password you pm'd me into the password box.

PS. My lobby is open in the hope that housekeeping will not get stuck, but knowing how they are, they will probably dislike my front door and freeze there.

You have to download the certificate that belongs to you. Number #9.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1216 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 4:32 AM
I did, certificate 09. I pm'd you back to see if the password is correct. At the end of the error message it says corrupt file or wrong password.

Tried downloading the file again, still won't open.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#1217 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 5:08 AM
Ok, here's another attempt, maybe in zip format it will work?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#1218 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 5:27 AM
I open rar files all the time, one thing I am very used to is installing custom content since I have 12 Gigs of the stuff. I'll try the zip file.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#1219 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 5:44 AM
It's so upsetting for that thoughtful message D, thanks so much!

To everybody else, you all did outstanding jobs and I so glad to have sacrificed time of my life (which would have been spent procrastinating otherwise) judging this contest! Even to the fact that I felt closer to playing sims just by looking at all of your beautiful entries. Thank you all, and especially you too D, for giving me the opportunity to do so and I hope this was a positive experience for everybody!

P.S. It is almost time to crack open those bottles of champagne!!

Call me Seth!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1220 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 6:04 AM
I hope everyone else isn't having troubles extracting their certificates. Once you get them in your game, perhaps you can show them here!
Mad Poster
#1221 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 7:48 AM
Congratulations, Caitawesome - you deserve this win! Your lots are all a huge inspiration to me.
Also, congratulations to all the other contestants - and thank you for being there, always willing to help, always willing to give advice, and always full or surprises with every round. Your guys have been forcing me to push my boundaries.

D, thank you for hosting, for the certificates and for all the patience with us. Thank you, Judges! I have learned tremendously - although I have not used my new found knowledge in the contest yet, you will see me using things (like CFE!) which I have avoided almost completely in the past.

Third place - I am still a bit in shock about that one (yet I know it is because I can count rather than build ) I do think all contestants here are winners, and all deserve that champagne of Seth.
I also want to congratulate those who have not completed the contest - especially Amura, since I am quite sure she would have pushed me down to 4th place.

Sepila botse till we meet again!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#1222 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 8:04 AM
Congratulations Caitawesome!

As with Jo maths is my downfall! But I did enjoy building and decorating, so thank you for that, d_dgjdhh.

Hey and watch out for the next contest, it's just around the corner!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Alchemist
#1223 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 8:30 AM
Congratulations Caitawesome, and well done to everyone! I must say I am well pleased with my second, considering I was almost dead last at one point!!
Im also loving my comments on the last lot, there was plenty of times I second guessed it and thought Id made a grave mistake in using it! And Im thankful you didnt dock for no bar/drinks area, as there is one (upstairs just outside the door of the restaurant area before you head onto the viewing platform)
And thankyou as well for my award, look forward to displaying it in my game!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#1224 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 8:39 AM
And, @D, it is a lovely certificate, and I am certainly going to abuse it
Alchemist
#1225 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 11:00 AM
Heres my award, Love it thanks D!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/

Page 49 of 50