Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 4:20 PM
I've really gotten into TS4 after the new toddler update, and I'm ready to start buying add-ons. I figured the best way to start would be to buy one of the "Bundles" which is $49.99 and comes with 1 EP, 1 GP, and 1 SP. So basically, I would be spending the money on getting 1 EP, then paying half-price for a GP and getting a free SP thrown in.

There's only 2 bundles available right now.

One includes: Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat and Luxury Party Stuff.
The second one includes: Get Together, Spa Day, and Movie Hangout Stuff.

I was leaning towards the first bundle, mainly because I wanted to start getting the earliest add-ons and work my way up. I've also been interested in getting Outdoor Retreat for a long while simply because I love the camping aspect. However, I wanted others' opinions. Which one should I get first?
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 10:57 PM
Aside from the kind of cool pumpkin carving, is there anything cool in Spooky Stuff? Is the spooky music any good? How does the trick or treat thing work?

Right now, I can't see anything I'd want from it. It's not really spooky stuff; it looks like elementary school haunted fun house stuff. As far as items go, they look only slightly better than TS3 Sweet Treats. But only slightly better.

I may end up getting it some day in the future, but I'd like to know if the added features and objects made up for the hokey clothes and furniture?
Forum Resident
#28 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:04 AM
It's more like Spooky Party Stuff. I like the haunted paintings though.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 4:06 PM
So, I'm considering buying the Vampires game pack. I have not yet purchased any other game/expansion/stuff packs for TS4. Would Vampires end up in a bundle soon (or ever), or should I just go ahead and buy it now? I was thinking they might make a bundle with that and City Living and a stuff pack, but idk the bundle trends.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:17 PM
I got City Living the other day, so for your convenience I've posted a heartfelt review on my Tumblr.
https://thepisstuff.tumblr.com/post...-of-city-living

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#31 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
That was awful.

Yeah, I can't believe I spent €3 on that. Never mind the poor sods who got scammed out of €40.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#32 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 1:43 PM
Overall, Get Together seems like it has really neat things in it. Worth buying? I really like the club thing going on, especially for stuff like homework for kids and such.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Overall, Get Together seems like it has really neat things in it. Worth buying? I really like the club thing going on, especially for stuff like homework for kids and such.

Best EP so far, if you ask me. Nice theme, new crap to do, don't recall there being a whole lot of bugs or anything. Definitely a good change of pace if you're tired of generic American-esque suburbia.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#34 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 9:50 PM

All EPs have been incredibly lacking so far, but GT impacts more the way you play. I would go for that one. Not to mention the world that's included is great and nightclud stuff adds a bunch into the basegame ones.
Scholar
#35 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
All EPs have been incredibly lacking so far, but GT impacts more the way you play. I would go for that one. Not to mention the world that's included is great and nightclud stuff adds a bunch into the basegame ones.

Shoot. Really wish I had picked Get Together when that half-price sale was going on and not Get to Work (for aliens). Oh, well. I'll definitely get that EP next, whether on sale or regular price.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 11:53 AM
Shoot. Really wish I had picked Get Together when that half-price sale was going on and not Get to Work (for aliens). Oh, well. I'll definitely get that EP next, whether on sale or regular price.

Aww (Get To Work is not all bad, at least the active carrers function properly. Retail, however...
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 3:00 AM
So with the black friday sale I was thinking to get City Living. It's the only one I don't have (except cats & dogs but it's not in the sale). Is it worth the 60% off?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 9:31 PM
So is Get to Work still bugged when it comes to retail? I might buy it on the Black Friday Sale, but if retail still doesn't work/if there aren't any mods to make it better, I'll just go back to my Sims 3 bubble.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 8:04 PM
My favourites - in no particular order are Parenthood, Vampires and City Living. I don't think I'd even be playing TS4 at all if it wasn't for toddlers being added around the same time as those three packs.

Get to work and Get together are okay, but I'm honestly not enamored of really any of them the way I love those three. I suppose cats and dogs is okay, but honestly, I find it odd that pets show up at night clubs. It's weird. Like, the human sim brought her cat with her... to a European themed discotheque... ummmm

Get to work's careers are fun, but there are times when I just want the sim to go to work so I can do something else. It can be legitimately as boring as when <I> go to work to hang around with them trying to get them to 'socialize with colleagues' or 'collect samples' of whatever. That said, I know I don't play TS4 right at all. I mostly have my sims *cough* procreate at will, move house constantly, and engage in drama. I don't build anything, I hate decorating (I don't like the way the catalogue is organized) and I don't even try to bother with creating the complex cities that I built in TS2. Nah. TS4 is all about procreation, fights in nightclubs, and interacting with pre-fabricated lots. Apparently, I'm supposed to be 'engaging with their emotions' or something?
Forum Resident
#40 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 4:23 PM
I'm new to sims 4, I only have the Get To Work EP and I've never played much before now. Is the parenthood expansion any good? What about the vampires or the Get Together? I've really only ever played sims 2, and I usually play large families with lots of drama.
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 7:58 PM
I generally think Cats & Dogs is so awesome. I'm always finding myself creating cute cats or dogs. It's definitely my favorite pack thus far, but I still dare to dream of a pack with pet llamas...
Space Pony
#42 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:13 AM
I liked GTW and vampires, but I am now considering city living or maybe cats n dogs
Test Subject
#43 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:30 AM
My favorite EP has to be Get to Work, but City Living is a close second. My favorite GP is probably Parenthood, with Vampires coming in second. Although I only have a few stuff packs, Toddler Stuff and Kids Room Stuff are really fantastic, as there is not much content for younger sims. All of the EPs are worth buying, although I was a bit disappointed with Cats and Dogs. If you only want one, I recommend buying City Living or Get to Work, as both are absolutely amazing. Parenthood is great if you tend to play with families or legacies. Vampires is really fun to mess around with, and Outdoor Retreat is great for challenges. Most of the SPs are not worth the $10, so I recommend getting them on sale.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:30 AM
I have Get Together, Get to Work, Nightlife, Parenthood, Seasons...I think that's it. The only one I question why I even purchased so far is Get Together. This is partially because I bought them mostly at the same time and can't remember what else is attributed to Get Together besides the clubs ('book worm club', 'fishing club', etc). The clubs to me are a complete waste of time. The only benefit to them is that I made my own club and made fixing things and cooking part of the hobbies, and then gather them at my house all the time so they fix my plumbing and cook dinner. As far as Stuff Packs go, I've never trusted them. I don't download CC anymore (in TS4, because I bought a new laptop and am terrified of it becoming like the laptop I used for TS3) so I do miss having new objects, but still not enough to pay EA essentially for recolors of chairs. I was initially tempted by the kids room stuff pack until I realized they created a whole entire pack just for kids bedrooms and still didn't give us bunk beds??? or...literally anything different from what we have??
Mad Poster
#45 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 7:21 PM
It's funny, but I hardly use the club feature of Get Together, yet use other aspects of the pack all the time. I couldn't imagine my game without it, but now I don't even remember why. I think it affects gameplay in a way that works for me.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#46 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:01 PM
I started using the clubs in get to work a lot more once I stopped thinking about them as clubs in the traditional sense. I just use them as an easy way to get sims to do stuff. I got the idea from LGR review. He made a club of sims to clean his house, cook him food and garden. He called it a cult.

If I move in a sim who came from a family before they moved in, I make a club of their old roomies or family members. I change activities to match whatever I want the “in-laws” to do with my family on any given outing or visit. It makes holidays fun.

I always put all the townie kids and teens in a group. I’d get frustrated trying to make friends with kid sims. Now my kids can go to the park, start a club meeting and all the kids in town show up, staying as long as my kid is there.

This might border on cheating to some, but it mimics RL, so I do it. If my sims have tons of toddlers and babies, I start a club to help out. The clean, cook, and repair stuff while my sims focus on taking care of their kids. I could use a butler, I guess, but I like the friends helping friends aspect. These sims also become family friends.
Test Subject
#47 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:58 PM
How good a gameplay experience would I have with just the base game, Get Together, and City Living? I'm thinking of upgrading from TS2 UC when my current computer dies, but don't want to slow down my new computer with a ton of EPs. I tend to play single Sims and couples in apartments (Apartment Life is my can't live without EP), they often have kids so I have a new generation to play, but I'm not massively into the baby-child life stages. I don't really play businesses, other life states, or pets either, so I doubt I'll really miss out by not having the relevant EPs/GPs/SPs. How much is there to do with just those two EPs?
Scholar
#48 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 11:53 PM
@Enoby Not sure how helpful this is now, but GT is a good EP if you really enjoy the party life and social aspects of the game. The club feature is kinda expansive; you can make a club for almost anything. Even for stuff like just cleaning everything wherever you go or about being mean to each other. Can't say much about City Living because I don't have it, though.

Gotta say that for anyone who enjoys the children aspect of the game, Parenthood is a pretty fun gamepack. Aside from Toddlers themselves being a lot more expanded on than in Sims 2 and 3, to the point that I can almost call it a 'challenge' to get their skills leveled up well, Parenthood added the values part to it. In fact, I would almost say it's 'difficult' to raise a toddler (or even two) with all skills at max level, and doing a good job at the values, too. I barely scratched the surface with children in Parenthood, but I already enjoy them a lot more. Definitely looking forward to what gets added when I get to teens.
And even some of the clothes added from the pack is neat.
Instructor
#49 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 7:10 PM
With the Infinite Gaming sale right now, EPs are at 50% discount. I'm considering buying one of them before the sale ends. What do you recommend? I only own BG + City Living, if you had to choose one of the others to complement this setup, what would it be?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#50 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 11:23 PM
Get Together might pair nicely with City Living because of the opportunity to do things as groups. It's a tough call.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 2 of 3