Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 2391 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 2:32 PM Last edited by DJ. : 19th Jul 2017 at 5:14 PM. Reason: fix pic links
Default How to build a functioning deck/foundation/room over a beach area on BV beach lots

This tutorial will show you how to make it temporarily possible to build a wall, room, foundation, fence or how to put down objects on or edit the terrain of the beach area on a Bon Voyage beach lot.

IMPORTANT NOTE ON MOVING/BINNING/PACKAGING/SHARING BEACH LOTS
As with any typical beach lot, placing it down in a neighborhood will reset its beach area. In my tests, the terrain was shifted from a cove back to a flat shore line, while the deck remained. The portals also remained on their custom locations, some sank under ground.

If you wish to share such lots, the only way to do it is to either:
  • upload the entire neighborhood your lot is in, or
  • follow this tutorial which further explains which files are required to be included along with the lot file itself, and what the end user is supposed to do when installing the lot in their neighborhoods.

DJ. who?
"What do you have to be nervous about? You're someone on the internet." -A.M.R.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 7:44 PM
Thank you, this is a very useful tutorial!
I also like your use of a darker terrain paint below the waterline. It makes for a much more realistic look, in a way.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Alchemist
#3 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 8:59 PM
Thank you! I didn't know it was possible to create such beach lots.

Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods
Winter Wonderland is available here
My Simblr
My 2015 Yearbook Entry
Theorist
#4 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 11:38 PM
It was so nice of you to put this tutorial up for everyone. Thank you!

"It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity." ~ Elizabeth Bennet

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope." ~ Captain Frederick Wentworth
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 11:48 PM
Love this. Thank you for posting.

Calamity Hills Apocalypse (Sims 2 Let's Play) | Tumblr(s) | Twitter
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:10 AM
This will come in very handy, thanks a lot!

(Question: Will I be able to edit the sea bottom with the water terrain tool? I've been dreaming of building fishable sea shores. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:43 AM
The only idea I have on my mind is that you extend the sea over the beach area, create a pond in it, and have Sims fish there. It will look odd, though.

You can't really create it deep in the water (sea area) because Sims won't be able to route to the pond shore.

Try and experiment, perhaps I'm mistaken.

DJ. who?
"What do you have to be nervous about? You're someone on the internet." -A.M.R.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:54 AM
Ah okay, thanks!
True, I guess the best way to see how it looks like might be to go and try to build it.