Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harvesting for Children

by plasticbox Posted 25th Jan 2016 at 7:11 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2016 at 12:33 PM by plasticbox

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 9:58 AM
YAAAAYYYYYY!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!! Awe man, wish I was at my computer right now, can't wait!! Thank you SOOOOOOO much! Thank you! Thank you!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 10:38 AM
Thank you, another useful mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:22 AM
Wow, pbox has been really spoiling us recently! Thank you very much for your awesome mods.
Especially this one. Now I can send my Sim kids out to collect harvestables while the parents are busy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:50 AM
Is it wrong I read this as "Harvesting Children" at first glance?

Still, I'm glad someone made this. I've wanted to do a druid-type family for a while and it's hard to do that when anyone below the age of 13 can't even perform basic harvesting. Thanks~!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 1:56 PM
You make the coolest mods... They truly make life easier for the game. Thank you so much for your creativity!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 2:20 PM
This is pretty cool. Do they gain any skills from harvesting?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 3:10 PM
This is awesome ...TY :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:07 PM
Just last night I was wishing for this functionality. You fulfill dreams we hardly have time to express. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 11:16 PM
Thanks for this! Love the file name.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 3:21 AM
Excellent!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
This is pretty cool. Do they gain any skills from harvesting?

Actually, I forgot to check XD (this mod is old as dust, I think I posted it in Feedback more than a year ago) -- they ought to gain a little bit of Motor skill, but I didn't pay attention whether that actually works since I had forgotten about it myself.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 2:16 PM
Great mod! I love what you did with the name, too. Very punny. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 7:43 PM
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 10:12 PM
*applause* This was much needed in my game! No clue why EA believes children can't garden, or even harvest from plants. (They can't in Sims 3 either, IIRC.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 2:36 AM
I love your mods. So many of your mods are so useful, that I've had to make a Pbox folder just for them. Thanks for the wonderful contributions.
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 4:39 AM
[QUOTE=The Dashing Wario]Is it wrong I read this as "Harvesting Children" at first glance?QUOTE]

So did I!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 4:41 AM
Thanks! Always love your mods. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 8:35 PM
Pbox I love you and all your mods soooo much!!! :D Thank you!!! I have at least 18 of your mods, and it makes my game worth playing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 9:45 PM
Great mod. Why doesn't vanilla already do this, lol? Also, the name you used for the .zip is just spectacular: "kindergarden". So clever. Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 1:17 PM
Hey, this is brilliant as usual! I'm just wondering (double checking) that this mod doesn't conflict with the "kids can garden" mod by Arien Li? I've been using that one, and it's great, although there is "stretching and flying" of the children since they are using adult animations. Does your mod include the ability of children to plant gardens as well as harvest them? Thanks for your help!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 2:35 PM
I dont know that Arien Li mod but from your description it sounds like they are overriding the original interactions to enable them for children (which will lead to broken animations like you describe). Techically this ought to be compatible since I'm not doing anything with the originals, but using both will likely result in having *two* interactions on the plants (mine and theirs) that you can't tell apart in game, depending on whether they recycle the game strings too or made their own. Not sure if that's what you want.

This mod includes exactly what it says on the tin. Currently that is harvesting and talking to plants. Please refer to the upload description for updates.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 5:03 PM
thanks can't wait to try this out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 11:39 AM
Thanks for the mod!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 3:36 AM
you *are* a mind-reader! another gem, THANKS! (been wanting this one for a while.)
Page 1 of 2