Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default replacements for the Hunka 711 by Hwang Motors

by dharden Posted 5th Feb 2016 at 5:04 PM - Updated 16th May 2020 at 11:51 AM by dharden : New info

6 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 6:48 PM
I like the toned down paint jobs and the higher reflectivity, very nice.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 12:41 AM
Nice!
It' really sad how cars in this game came with several recolours most of which are unusable (stupid flames, I'm looking at you).
Thank you
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 3:01 PM
Thank you so much! I like new colours - finally no more maxis stripes! You did a great job
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cloud_Strife
So... what if I don't want the solid black Hunka911 replaced? The black is deeper before the default replacement!

@Cloud_Strife, they're replacement textures, so if you can run SimPE, just load dharden_DEFAULT_NewStandardHunkas.package, right-click on vehiclesupersportscarnew-black_txtr and select Delete, do the same for vehiclesupersportscarnewlod90-black_txtr, commit, and save.

After four years, I don't really remember what I was thinking when I assembled that package, so I don't remember why I decided to make it a single package instead of four separate ones. I haven't given it any thought since then because no one has said anything about it until now. Splitting the package would be easy enough to do, and it does appear that there's still some interest in these defaults, so I'll consider it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 6:07 PM
Default Time for a change! Recolor change for Blue Flaming Hunka!
The LACK Blue recolor on one of the flaming cars looks more LACK Turquoise than Blue, I already have Michelle's LACK Blue Hunka.
Try Navy or Hot Pink or a non-LACK Purple(LACK Purple is more like Violet than actual "Purple") for the flaming blue replacement instead, the choice in colors I provided I'll leave to you to choose, I don't prefer one over the other, just not LACK Blue!

My Sincerest Thanks,
Michael Simkins/ Cloud_Strife
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2022 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cloud_Strife
The LACK Blue recolor on one of the flaming cars looks more LACK Turquoise than Blue, I already have Michelle's LACK Blue Hunka.
Try Navy or Hot Pink or a non-LACK Purple(LACK Purple is more like Violet than actual "Purple") for the flaming blue replacement instead, the choice in colors I provided I'll leave to you to choose, I don't prefer one over the other, just not LACK Blue!

My Sincerest Thanks,
Michael Simkins/ Cloud_Strife

It's been so long that I had to check the post and the pictures to see just what I did when I made this. The blue recolor I think you're talking about is my own work. I started with Michelle's LACK Blue and tweaked it until I got a shade I liked, so I wanted to give her credit for providing the base for that recolor. However, it doesn't appear that I used her LACK Blue recolors themselves for any of my car replacements, though I don't remember why. I did use recolors from simdebster's Smoogo Blue set, so any light blue cars you see in my replacement sets are probably from that set.

Also, while I've been looking in occasionally, and checking feedback when I do, I'm retired from creating. I'll still try to answer questions to whatever extent I still can, while I still can, but I no longer have SimPE, so I can't do anything with package files. I hope you can find someone who can do what you want, but I'm sorry to say that I am no longer able to do it.