Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Anyone can Swipe Mod

by itasan2 Posted 8th Feb 2016 at 12:02 AM - Updated 16th Aug 2018 at 7:58 PM by itasan2

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 1:28 AM
I thought about this while trying to make the Bro Hug available for everyone(I failed miserably,tho).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheekykinz34
I thought about this while trying to make the Bro Hug available for everyone(I failed miserably,tho).

Thanks for your downloading. I just wanted my GTA5 sims to swipe as much as they wanted .
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 7:43 AM
I am not seeing the Ita_Swipe_NoNeedForIntervalV1.0.package in the download tab.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 9:13 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 8th Feb 2016 at 11:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
I am not seeing the Ita_Swipe_NoNeedForIntervalV1.0.package in the download tab.

The zip file includes both two package files. You can use 1 package or 2 package files in the zip file. If you want to use only one package, please delete another package in the zip file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 9:51 AM
Is there a certain time that you will be allowed to swipe objects? Or can you just swipe at any time if you have the trait or the mod? What are the conditions?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 11:36 AM Last edited by itasan2 : 8th Feb 2016 at 1:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pipergale
Is there a certain time that you will be allowed to swipe objects? Or can you just swipe at any time if you have the trait or the mod? What are the conditions?

There's no condition I made specially in the mod. But your sims usually use Mischief Skill to swipe something whether using the mod or not. The higher your Mischief Skill level is, the more expensive object your sims can swipe. Your sims can swipe anytime like when club gathering, working at the police station or shopping (you can't swipe an object for sale, though).
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by itasan2
There's no condition I made specially in the mod. But your sims usually use Mischief Skill to swipe something whether using the mod or not. The higher your Mischief Skill level is, the more expensive object your sims can swipe. Your sims can swipe anytime like when club gathering, working at the police station or shopping (you can't swipe an object with the price tag, though).

Thank you for answering
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 2:19 PM
There's no condition I made specially in the mod. But your sims usually use Mischief Skill to swipe something whether using the mod or not. The higher your Mischief Skill level is, the more expensive object your sims can swipe. Your sims can swipe anytime like when club gathering, working at the police station or shopping (you can't swipe an object for sale, though).

Do you think it's possible to mod being able to swipe objects for sale?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Do you think it's possible to mod being able to swipe objects for sale?

If a mod allows a sim who isn't the retail owner to remove a mark for sale before swiping, it could be possible in theory. But at least I don't know how to do it yet .
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 6:27 PM
The zip file includes both two package files. You can use 1 package or 2 package files in the zip file. If you want to use only one package, please delete another package in the zip file.

Oh! My missunderstanding! sorry.

I also didn't realize that you could swipe more expensive items when you have a higher mischief skill! good to know!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 7:57 AM
Checking mods for updates and about to go to bed, but not now. LOL
Thank you very much!
Instructor
#13 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 8:58 PM
I removed the mod. It's really annoying when they anonymously swipe items.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
I removed the mod. It's really annoying when they anonymously swipe items.

Sorry, I uploaded Ver1.1, which prohibits swiping autonomously.
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 2:14 AM
Thank you, haha. could have my Sims go out to a public place without them randomly going to swipe something.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 2:19 AM
idk if it's just me, but I've caught my sims attempting to still swipe autonomously even after the update? Twice by sims that I wasn't originally actively controlling. What I mean by this is I will click on a visiting sim (I have the mc mod) to edit in CAS, once exiting that screen my controller will then be on the visiting sim (strange I know). Then I spot in that visitor's queue to "attempt to steal". So this could actually be due to an interference with the other mod and not yours. Just thought I'd let you know.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Feb 2016 at 2:20 AM
Oh, and I checked ~ neither of those two sims have the Kleptomaniac trait
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ella Michelle
idk if it's just me, but I've caught my sims attempting to still swipe autonomously even after the update? Twice by sims that I wasn't originally actively controlling. What I mean by this is I will click on a visiting sim (I have the mc mod) to edit in CAS, once exiting that screen my controller will then be on the visiting sim (strange I know). Then I spot in that visitor's queue to "attempt to steal". So this could actually be due to an interference with the other mod and not yours. Just thought I'd let you know.

Thank you for the reporting. I tried but I wasn't able to cause the problem. As you said, it may be due to an interference with the other mod or game system's bugs. Anyway I'll watch for it for a while.
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 4:12 AM
Thank you for the reporting. I tried but I wasn't able to cause the problem. As you said, it may be due to an interference with the other mod or game system's bugs. Anyway I'll watch for it for a while.

Thank you! Both times were in my active sim's home but I haven't noticed him attempting autonomously while on public lots. Still loving this mod and enjoying it greatly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 10:06 PM
I would enjoy adding this mod, but I can't get it to work properly. If I add v1.1 and the interval package to my game, my sims instantly cancel certain actions when I give them (such as take a shower, sleeping, etc.). In addition to that, I've noticed that if I tell them to wash their hands, they will instantly wash their hands wherever they are standing, without walking to the sink.

If I remove your two packages, things return to normal. I've used both conflict detectors available on this website and they both clear your mod for conflicts with any of my other ones, but I assume there's still a conflict somewhere?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 11:39 PM Last edited by itasan2 : 28th Feb 2016 at 3:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by awesomeness04
I would enjoy adding this mod, but I can't get it to work properly. If I add v1.1 and the interval package to my game, my sims instantly cancel certain actions when I give them (such as take a shower, sleeping, etc.). In addition to that, I've noticed that if I tell them to wash their hands, they will instantly wash their hands wherever they are standing, without walking to the sink.

If I remove your two packages, things return to normal. I've used both conflict detectors available on this website and they both clear your mod for conflicts with any of my other ones, but I assume there's still a conflict somewhere?

It sounds like one of December 4th Patch's bugs, which is that telling your Sim to use the toilet will cancel other actions already in their action queue. But the bug was fixed by Dec. 17th's Patch according to http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...015-patch-notes.
If you don't have the same problem when you use only my two packages (no other mods) in the game, it would be because of conflict with another mod so you have to remove my two packages or the conflicting mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 10:54 PM
Broke my game and my Klepto sims can't steal anything at all :/
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 9:07 PM
Love this mod, but it is not working after the patch update. My sims won't swipe.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 5:31 AM
The mod has been updated for the latest patch v1.19.
Swipe_NoNeedForTrait v1.2 ... updated for patch v1.19
Swipe_NoNeedForInterval v1.0 ... still works for patch v1.19
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 12:24 AM
I needed this, thank you! :)
Page 1 of 3