Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 11:13 PM
I stick my batbox in the garage - best place for it in my view. Makes my garages less empty lol.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 4:09 AM
My batboxes usually get shoved into someone's inventory and only get pulled out when needed. I hadn't thought whether it would become inaccessible if buy/build mode went on the blink. I should probably start putting it somewhere I can always get to it.

There are a few different brands of ramen where I live. There are the kind you put into boiling water, the kind you pour boiling water into, and some you can microwave. There is probably also fresh/frozen ramen at one or more of the asian markets, but I've never been to them. Some are definitely better than others and can be dressed up a bit for a more full meal.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 4:36 AM
I was watching an old Bates Motel (US tv show) the other day, and one of the characters was reading an article on successful dating. The article said the worst type of date food was ramen. I know it meant some kind of dish made with noodles, but all i could think of was American ramen noodles, which are just thin noodles with a flavor packet, commonly eaten when money is really tight. So, I thought, well if you're taking your date out of ramen noodles, I guess that would be a bad thing.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Undead Molten Llama
#29 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 4:43 AM Last edited by iCad : 11th Mar 2016 at 5:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I prefer to stick it under foundations because it kind of breaks immersion (that's not the exact word I wanted, but it's the closest to what I mean) for every family to have the exact same vase/flowerpot/something somewhere in their house.

Yeah, me, too. If nothing else, I have other things in every house -- ACR adjuster, Sim Blender -- that looks like a plant. I start to forget which is which. So, the batbox remains the batbox and goes inside the foundation (if the house has one) or under the roof or in non-functional dormer space or, if all else fails, it sits at one of the back corners of the lot, with a bit of it left exposed to be clickable but otherwise hidden with rocks and trees and bushes and stuff, same way I hide pool squares to make on-lot water reflective and wavy and stuff.

Now for my question: I'mma gonna yank all my custom eyebrows out of my game because they are annoying me for various reasons, and just keep my default replacements forevermore. My question is: Will I have Sims with no eyebrows that I'll have to individually change appearance on, or will they just get the appropriate default one instead, like what happens when you yank custom hairs? (I'm really hoping it's the latter, otherwise I'll have to gear myself up to do this...)

EDIT: Real Japanese ramen made with wheat noodles and miso and stuff is actually very good. My husband makes killer vegan ramen. Those packaged instant noodles they sell with the flavor packet and all are completely different. (But, I admit, I also like them, too. A meal for about $0.20 these days? What's not to love? Not that I can eat them anymore, but I used to. A lot. )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 5:15 AM
In elementary school, some year or another Mr. Noodles were all the rage. I had lunch at home but the entire school would smell like instant noodles when I returned. (Actually, it wasn't that bad - I'm just hyperosmic).
And I absolutely hated the smell of instant noodles.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 7:01 AM
Make a back up and test it out. I'll bet you a tray of special brownies that they will have no eyebrows though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#32 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 8:58 AM
How does a sim sell the clothes that they make on a sewing machine?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 10:17 AM
I often make NPCs and townies (not just former townies) related if they have the same name, and, even if I don't actually set a relationship in SimPE, I often assume them to be distant relatives. For instance I think that Toby Bertino, the Veronaville headmaster, is probably some sort maternal uncle of Ravi Bertino the Tricou boy. Though I don't think that he would actually go as far as to let Ravi into his snobby school. Not that Ravi wants to go. Jack Gill has persuaded him that school is a waste of time, and they go to all-day nightclubs instead! I also create CAS townies with family relationships. When creating townie teens and children in CAS, you have to make them related to adults, and I don't remove all of those relationships. Playing the Tricou kids has made me like having related townies. I don't usually make them married; more usually they're siblings or single parents. (I do think the Tellermans in Pleasantview might be man and wife though -- despite Mrs. Tellerman being a rather wild Romance Sim!)

If the building has a foundation, I put the batbox under the floor. Otherwise, if it has a pitched roof, I put it in the roofspace, where you might find a water tank in a Real Life house. Exceptionally, if the building has a flat roof and no foundation, I can build a little brick enclosure with half walls onto the back or side of the building, and put the batbox there, where it might be an oil tank or something.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#34 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 10:41 AM
The batbox and the lot sync timer are often both put in the roofspace but now they can be put anywhere because in my game one was turned into a little vase and the other one into a plant.

Now for the stupid question: is there a way to batch generating strays? I don't feel like creating them by hand.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
I'll ask again since Delphy is doing clean up And yay shiny new thread!

Am I the only one who makes former townies related to those with the same name?

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Ivy and Ivy Copur Made them sisters once.

You aren't the only ones! I've made this the focal point of my custom neighborhood. All townies and safe NPCs with the same surname (and proper genetics, if children are going to be included) will have family ties created between them.

However, in my game, both Ivys are mother and daughter. (Gilmore Girls, anyone? )

P.S. Congrats everyone on reaching 1000 pages in the previous version!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Now for my question: I'mma gonna yank all my custom eyebrows out of my game because they are annoying me for various reasons, and just keep my default replacements forevermore. My question is: Will I have Sims with no eyebrows that I'll have to individually change appearance on, or will they just get the appropriate default one instead, like what happens when you yank custom hairs? (I'm really hoping it's the latter, otherwise I'll have to gear myself up to do this...)
In my game the eyebrows are not replaced with the defaults. When removing some, I find eyebrowless sims all over the town and have to use 'gussy up' to replace them on both playable and nonplayable sims. I just did it with a bartender for example. It does not work the way default hairs work. Maybe it will work for you - hope so.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Now for the stupid question: is there a way to batch generating strays? I don't feel like creating them by hand.

As far as I know there isn't, but I could be wrong. I know I've tried many times without success and eventually just gave up - but I could be missing something.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 2:36 PM
Food is determined to piss me off today. I can't get a custom food to show up for lunch and dinner. It only shows up for lunch. I have done this. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=222202 Help! XD

Also, where in SimPE do you look to find the menu that shows up when you click make/single or make/many? I have some foods that are showing blank tabs there but show up fine under the regular menu.
Theorist
#39 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
As far as I know there isn't, but I could be wrong. I know I've tried many times without success and eventually just gave up - but I could be missing something.

I think it makes sense.
I played a lot today and noticed a new wolf got generated. I assume that in an hood created with empty templates, one will only get the wolves and pets in the adoption pool.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 8:31 PM Last edited by siletka : 11th Mar 2016 at 9:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
How does a sim sell the clothes that they make on a sewing machine?

You can sell it like any other item, if I remember right. Place it down somewhere / hold it and delete it. Or, if you have OFB, open a store / at-home business and mark it for sale.

It's been so long. All I remember is making pot holders. I can't remember if the clothes you make goes in your inventory or not.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 9:16 PM
It goes into the inventory.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I think it makes sense.
I played a lot today and noticed a new wolf got generated. I assume that in an hood created with empty templates, one will only get the wolves and pets in the adoption pool.

You should get strays too - I have empty templates. I think it just takes a bit for them to spawn, unless of course you still have nostrayrespawn in. Maybe try calling the adoption pool and see if any spawn then. You can also peek in SimPE to see if any spawned and you just haven't seen them yet.
Theorist
#43 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Essa : 12th Mar 2016 at 12:00 AM.
I sent my breeder to the bark park. I saw a cat. Sadly I couldn't tell if it was a stray or not. I don't recall a cat named Duchesse. I think mayor Natacha Morand will rule that owners must put collar on their pets.
Nostrayrespawn is still disabled on my game. I'll patiently wait for strays to generate. I still at the beginning of my round.

ETA: checked from NH view; There's no cat named Duchesse in the households so it's a stray.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 11:45 PM
The power networking - I hate the question "Do you mind if I give your number to Joe Bloggins?" I never know how to answer that because I find the wording so awkward with just yes/no for the answer. Is it "yes I mind, so don't give it to him" and "no I don't mind, do give it to him" or is it "yes, please give him my number" and "no, don't share my number"? It doesn't come up often enough for me to make a decent test of the effects of either response, but I haven't seen any change in acquaintances panel after either answer - is Joe Bloggins supposed to call if I've given one of the answers or does something else happen?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 12:16 AM
Yes I mind and no I do not mind. I think (but it's been awhile) that the other person will call your sim.

Why is it that pets will suddenly not be able to use the pet dishes? It gets annoying to have to moveobject delete them to make it work again.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 12:22 AM
Thanks for the wording clarification.

For the pet dishes, when sims fill the dish they often turn it a bit so that it's facing toward a wall or some object and the pet can't get to it. Just turning the dish around so that the arrow is to an open space usually makes it work again. I've started putting pet dishes in the middle of large rooms or in the yard so it's open all around the bowl. If that's not the problem, try cleaning the bowl - finicky pets won't eat from dirty bowls.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:15 AM
Pets can also be finicky. Seriously. If they're too Finicky, you'll have to regularly clean the bowls out. Or even buy the most expensive bowls because some of them don't want to eat out of the cheap bowls.

All else fails there's a mod for it: http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...finicky-pet-fix

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 1:41 AM
They are in the middle of the kitchen, no walls near them, plus it happens with all bowls. I can't even direct them to eat from it til I moveobjects and delete the pet. Guess it's just one of those things lol.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 2:38 AM
That is not normal. I'd troubleshoot it - 50/50 and the whole yards. Once you find the mod conflict or the bad piece of CC that has no detecable relation to anything, you'll never be troubled by this again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Undead Molten Llama
#50 Old 12th Mar 2016 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Make a back up and test it out. I'll bet you a tray of special brownies that they will have no eyebrows though.

and

Quote: Originally posted by eliset
In my game the eyebrows are not replaced with the defaults. When removing some, I find eyebrowless sims all over the town and have to use 'gussy up' to replace them on both playable and nonplayable sims. I just did it with a bartender for example. It does not work the way default hairs work. Maybe it will work for you - hope so.

In the end, I went ahead and just yanked them because I realized I was in for some appearance-changing whatever the case. Either I'd have to change the affected Sims before yanking, or I'd have to fix eyebrow-less ones after yanking. In the end I figured it'd be easier to spot eyebrow-less ones and fix them that it would be to determine if a Sim had custom ones or not. So, out they went, without me doing any preliminary eyebrow-changing. Figured I'd report my results, for anyone who might see this exchange in the future. Because I dunno about y'all, but it irritates me when people don't do that, especially if they just say "Yay, I fixed it!" without telling how they fixed it. *grumble, grumble* But anyway...

It's weird and I'm afraid I don't know who owes who special brownies, Jo. Because some of them that I knew for certain had custom brows because I had just recently given them custom ones had default ones instead. But others were eyebrow-less. And I don't know the rhyme or reason behind it all, but it seems to be what happened. So yeah, now I do have eyebrow-less ones wandering around, but it's not as awful as I thought it might be. I'll just grab 'em and fix 'em as I see 'em.

@WildIrishBanshee
I agree with Peni that that's not normal game behavior at all. Yes, there are the finicky pets and yes, sometimes the bowl gets turned around, but what you're describing isn't something like that. You're having to reset the pet (that's what happens when you "delete" them with moveobjects) to get them to eat, and that's not right, especially if it happens with ALL pets. If it only happened with one pet, then that might just be an issue with that particular pet, but if it happens with ALL pets, that suggests a larger issue at work. I'd do some testing in a CC-free environment to see if the problem still happens that way. If it doesn't, then it's likely a mod conflict or a bad piece of CC and you'll need to 50/50 to root it out.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 2 of 1335