Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#5551 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:03 PM
To be quite honest I did not know about the bookshelf that was shipped whit AL. There was some special books in it that the sims can study. But do the books really do any difference?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5552 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:32 PM
Couples Counseling allows sims to help their friends who are Furious with each other to make up. Get all three on the same lot and select the interaction "Repair Relationship." The sim will talk to each in turn, then bring them together and they'll lose their Furious state. This does not have an appreciable effect on their relationship scores - those will have to be built up over time. But at least they should stop slapping and poking each other.

Parenting allows sims to "Check on" babies, causing the baby to generate a thought bubble with the icon for their current lowest need. Usually this is bladder, alas, but it happens often with me that I'll cancel a trip to the fridge to "check on" and get bed icon, indicating that the baby is sleepier than it is hungry. I can then put the baby into the crib and give everyone in the family something else to do so they don't wake it up to shove another bottle in.

Anger Management reduces the severity and length of the Furious condition.

Lifelong Happiness reduces the rate of aspiration decay.

Physiology, when it's working correctly, allows a boost in the rate of learning certain skills. It is almost never working correctly, however! If you haven't fixed the glitch, it will cause incredibly rapid advancement of any skill, so that - for example - an afternoon of jumping rope maxes out the body skill.

Have I missed anything? I have a feeling there's six of these but I can't think of another one.

How useful any of these skills is will depend on your playing style. Some people get almost no use out of them and regard them as pointless. Some of them provide useful benchmarks for challenge play, such as the BACC, in which once the legal career is open it can only be taken by someone who has learned Couples Counseling, and once the medical career is open only someone who has learned Physiology can take it. And some people, like me, make active use of them in game play. I use the Check On baby feature all the time, Couples Counseling occasionally, Anger Management and Lifelong Happiness for sims whose character it suits.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#5553 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:50 PM
The other one is Fire Safety, which makes Sims get out of the house when a fire breaks out, rather than mothing it.
Mad Poster
#5554 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Physiology, when it's working correctly, allows a boost in the rate of learning certain skills. It is almost never working correctly, however! If you haven't fixed the glitch, it will cause incredibly rapid advancement of any skill, so that - for example - an afternoon of jumping rope maxes out the body skill.

To my knowledge, if not fixed with a mod, only the body skill advance too rapidly, but like..rapidly.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#5555 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
That only works if there's dead parents in the tree. If there aren't any at all, no scholarship.
Not true. I had a teen sim with no parents at all (I'd made Amy Jones playable and sent her to college) and she got the Orphaned Sim Assistance grant. The same is true for the Newsons.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Scholar
#5556 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:26 PM
Peni Griffin & Blue Alien: Thank you! Very helpful indeed.
Mad Poster
#5557 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
Not true. I had a teen sim with no parents at all (I'd made Amy Jones playable and sent her to college) and she got the Orphaned Sim Assistance grant. The same is true for the Newsons.

Oh. I must've had a mod affecting it, then, because one of my orphanage Sims never got the scholarship.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#5558 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:38 AM
I discovered a bunch of new hairs and clothes that I totally needed in my game. ;D
Forum Resident
#5559 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:55 PM
I've been inspecting the base game hoods attempting to fix them, and it's actually kind of impressive how badly Maxis messed them up. They managed to wipe all the townie careers they'd set for them, as well as half of the Veronaville playable's careers. Strangetown's age data got totally corrupted for everyone. Missing genetics (beating a dead horse here, I know, I know). Broken faces all over the place. Low quality portraits.

I knew of various issues individually, but seeing them altogether is quite eye-opening. Just embarassing that they were allowed to ship this.
Scholar
#5560 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:21 PM
Today I did see the bug exterminator walking past a community lot I was playing. In nearly 10 years of playing the hood I have never seen any of the "call in" NPC's (Maids, gardeners, nannys etc) showing up on an other lot. The only one who does that is the lady from the garden club. (Worrying intensifies).
Field Researcher
#5561 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Today I did see the bug exterminator walking past a community lot I was playing. In nearly 10 years of playing the hood I have never seen any of the "call in" NPC's (Maids, gardeners, nannys etc) showing up on an other lot. The only one who does that is the lady from the garden club. (Worrying intensifies).

Oddly enough, I saw the bug exterminator guy doing a walk-by today too, also for the first time, though on a residential lot. Not a surprise that I'd not seen him before in this neighbourhood, as he only got generated at the previous house in my rotation when my Sim stubbornly kept trying to use the compost bin behind a locked door instead of the perfectly good bin next to him, and spent several hours dropping rubbish with inevitable results. But I don't think I've ever seen him walk by before in any neighbourhood, and I've been playing since the game was released.

Sadly he escaped before I was able to freeze the game and rename him to something that matched the other names in the hood. I'll have to grab him some other time.

I also had a Sim get their revenge for someone else sitting at the bar stool they wanted to use by stealing the other Sim's drink. I'd forgotten they did that.
Forum Resident
#5562 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:32 PM
It's not unusual to see them on a community lot (especially Downtown).

If they walk by on a residential lot though...
Mad Poster
#5563 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:39 PM
I discovered that the EA developers are working on remaking the Sims 2! You can see more details in this video.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#5564 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:04 PM
I discovered that the EA developers are working on remaking the Sims 2! You can see more details in this video.

Scholar
#5565 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:14 PM

if they made a rick astley expansion i'd buy it.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#5566 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:16 PM
Who is that? A premade Sim from 3 or 4? Never heard of him.

Scholar
#5567 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:20 PM
the guy in the video...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#5568 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:23 PM
Oh, so one of the EA devs? I haven't any idea who works there at this point.

Theorist
#5569 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:29 PM
Oh, so one of the EA devs? I haven't any idea who works there at this point.

Mostly llamas, and a goldfish.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#5570 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:43 PM
And I must say that this "Team Hamster/Team Butterfly" joke is quite nice.

(Yes, I know it's the wrong section but I post it anyway).
Scholar
#5571 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:19 PM
Rick rolls are such pure and good pranks.
Inventor
#5572 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:22 PM
Mad Poster
#5573 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 10:55 PM

Either Google is confused, or it knows something about J.M. Pescado that I don't...

Scholar
#5574 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:02 PM
It's taking a census of the evil sims with evil toys!
Mad Poster
#5575 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:42 PM
But why would Google bold it? It's not one of my search terms, nor is it a synonym for one of my search terms.

Page 223 of 442