Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 10:49 PM
ihatemandatoryregister what is this bread basket you mentioned, and where can it be found? I've got several of his objects, but never heard of that one. (:

I noticed several things recently. The apartment trash chute works on residential lots, I used it as a deco part for sci-fi theme. On a 1x1 lot, all one open room, a sim relaxing on the bed got an added icon for 'listen to music', similar to 'read in bed', they also bounce their head around to the rhythm. A sim, who's only community lot visit at the time was the cemetery, got a free dinner coupon in the mail next day. There's no food there at all, now i'm confused on what activates these coupons. There is no eating establishment or snack machines on any lot so far. I was also watching Julien Cooke eating fish in his house, he was eating so fast and I thought something was wrong. Then realized he lives alone and there's no chatting going on to make a meal last for hours.

I can't understand why a cemetery can draw more sims in that any other lot, other than Moo's Mews tiny nightclub. This particular cemetery has 4 ghosts, 2 dartboards, small stereo, two benches and 2 outhouses. The ghosts are very polite, only spawning in pairs and fulfilling many ghosts wants and even fears. Everyone needs cooperative ghosts like these. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#52 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 11:01 PM
It's on the Booty with his other foods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#53 Old 17th Mar 2016 at 11:35 PM
Yup. Check the Booty.
(....Maybe I'm just filthy-minded, but that sounded terribly wrong.)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 12:43 AM
Hello everyone ! Well just now while i took my married sims and their son to dinner in a restaurant in town (i used dickhurt's mod that can be found here to allow the toddler to come along) when they reached there i directed her to take the toddler and put him inside and after taking up her son instead of putting him in the high chair she sat with him .. i went ????? see for yourselves ! The way she is sitting isn't straight yet she isn't laying either, she is sitting in a way to hold her son... never thought that was possible !

It's all messy. The hair. The bed. The words. The heart. Life.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 1:26 AM
He just glitched to her that's all. Where is the highchair? If it's cc that could be why it glitched.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#56 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 1:43 AM
Even if it is a glitch it's really cute.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
He just glitched to her that's all. Where is the highchair? If it's cc that could be why it glitched.

Actually it's a maxi highchair. She even held the menu while holding her son but she could not eat though lol after a while she got up with him and put him on the floor. The chair was behind the server actually. After tonight i want to believe maxi intended to make it possible to sit with a baby/Toddler. It could be a glitch but she was holding him, he wasn't just attached to her or something. But anyways i'm not good at coding so maybe i'll never know if it was somewhere in the plan when maxi created the sims 2

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Even if it is a glitch it's really cute.

I find it cute too :lovestruc i wish it could happen all the time

ETA : He was talking while he was on her too ! And she was responding

It's all messy. The hair. The bed. The words. The heart. Life.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 1:53 PM Last edited by gazania : 20th Mar 2016 at 1:08 AM.
On to my beach bungalow adventure.

Here is my test subject lot. When I remembered how the original looked ... sigh. Prepare to NOT be amazed. This is, by no means, my best lot. I was striving for "So simple, an ancient cave dweller could do it". Or a housekeeper could maneuver though it. I do not wish to insult ancient cave dwellers. I apologize.

There is a roof over that diner ... really.

And the interior of this paradise on the sea.

Honestly, I can't see how much more simpler this can be! Time to experiment.

I put in a hot tub and a couple of autonomous games, and as my ace card, two vending machines. If there are no Sims around those, I will have failed. Sims usually cannot stay away from vending machines.

So far, with the first try, Goopy came right over to the machine and stuffed his face with chips. And my housekeeper cleaned the room. I had to quit out quickly, though, because I reversed a Solidity door. Oops. Time for more visits.

I returned to the B&B. I'm convinced the freezing in this particular case has to do with the NPC Uni cook. That seems to be where the housekeeper freezes the most often. I know a couple of hotel lots here have the NPC Uni cook. Either there is some mod they have or don't have that I do, or the lots DO have the potential to freeze the housekeeper at some random point, and I got it sooner rather than later. And it IS random. I guess I need to choose whether I want the Uni cook or use the housekeeper as a statue for the rest of the visit when she freezes. In the grand scheme of life, it isn't a huge deal. I did forget the Batbox on the lot again, so I'll try to put it in there next time. Maybe I can unfreeze her that way.

EDIT ... I remembered the Batbox this time. When she froze, there was an extra item in the "Fix" section of the box ... "Fix disabled autonomy". So it indeed looks like the NPC Uni Cook can cancel the housekeeper out. I suspect that when the cook goes to clear up a table at the same time as the housekeeper, the game is unhappy. Fixing that, by the way, allows her to move her head, but NOT her feet. Odd.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#59 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 5:30 PM
HUGE DISCOVERY (for me at least) - thanks to this simblr, I now know right clicking on the face templates in CAS blends your current sim with that template!

I thought that feature was limited to BodyShop, I'm so stoked to know it's not!
Mad Poster
#60 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadMagFreak
HUGE DISCOVERY (for me at least) - thanks to this simblr, I now know right clicking on the face templates in CAS blends your current sim with that template!

I thought that feature was limited to BodyShop, I'm so stoked to know it's not!

Woahwoahwoah what?! That's awesome! I had no idea that was a thing. I've been blending my sims faces in body shop and then opening up my game and making them in CAS. This will save me so much time if it's true.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Woahwoahwoah what?! That's awesome! I had no idea that was a thing. I've been blending my sims faces in body shop and then opening up my game and making them in CAS. This will save me so much time if it's true.

It's true!! I've been doing the same thing in BodyShop too, and the moment I read that post I had to try it... and then come here to post about it!!

Only thing that kills me is that I just finished filling up a new neighborhood a few days ago, if only I had known sooner!!!
Mad Poster
#62 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 5:45 PM
Watches people run to CAS to see if that's true.

Joins them.

Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 5:49 PM
Can you believe there's STILL things to learn about this game 10 years on?! The fact this came out of one the Prima guides makes me regret not buying the full set I saw at a used bookstore a few years back.

The blending works with every feature, too - combined with the Bodyshop Sliders in CAS mod, who needs Bodyshop anymore (unless you're creating content lol)?!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 5:53 PM
I discovered NOT to accept more than one outing at a time - accidental button clicking FTW!
Instructor
#65 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 1:40 AM
When a sim receives a love letter after a great date, if you place the note on a surface it'll stand up as a card with the sim's face on the front. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#66 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 11:46 AM
Better still, it retains the face of the sim as they were at the time of the date, and doesn't age up like the full-face thumbnails in the Relationships/Memories tabs.
Theorist
#67 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I discovered that if a pixel owns a community lot, and puts in the dessert cart by Exnem, it charges all the visitors for their pigging out! $15 for a eclair! Wow..that's some expensive pastry!

I played my bar yesterday and pay attention to sims using the dessert cart. FranH is right. Even if pastries are expensive, my owner can make a little more money. :-)
Alchemist
#68 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 11:44 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 22nd Mar 2016 at 1:20 AM.
awhile ago discovered that the Grunt's house (51 Road to Nowhere) and the unoccupied lot that starts as its neighbor (57 Road to Nowhere) nearly mirror each other.
just these things::
-walls/fence
-floor
-windows
-doors; except 1 (downstairs bathroom)
-counters
-appliances
-plumbing objects
might post pictures later on if anyone wants to see.

and I recall other pre-made lots that resemble each other, but I do not remember their names; was very long ago.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 11:50 PM
If you use move objects to put a baby sat in one of the baby toys, into a highchair (I was using the pram TheRaven recently uploaded to her site) you can serve them food. I'm not sure if they can eat it though - they continued doing the baby toy animations so probably not. Just thought that might be interesting for storymakers/photos.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#70 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 9:02 AM
One of my sims took his twin toddlers to the Fitness hobby lot. I saved just before leaving, not knowing what to expect, but everything went fine. They had a few toys to play with while dad practiced Yoga. When he was finished, they all headed back home, safe and tired after their first trip out. Dad finished his hobby, but the toddlers didn't get anything. (:
I also noticed while sims are on the second floor and a sim below does a high dive into the pool, they come right up through the floor before performing there splash into the pool.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 10:44 AM
Haha yes, our sims can stay and move through walls and floors but cannot pass stinking baby bottle on floor.

Even if we know it , it is still creepy to see walkby passing and you see him through and he is empty inside.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 11:00 AM
I discovered while playing a "vagrant's lot" that lightning can strike an occupied tent and the occupant comes running out rather burned.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#73 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 11:03 AM
MOAR lightning and lightning shots if anyone is interested: http://www.cyjon.net/node/428

Well, it makes sometimes funny moments. My sim got hit by lightning at the moment when he banned evil witch on community lot (by VC)
Theorist
#74 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 5:16 PM
The evil witch was so annoying on the nature hobby lot, fighting with the leader, the good witch and others. They were banned on all community lots but you can't ban anyone on hobby lots, or just be able to ban the annoying one. One time I was there it just got so annoying to me and I continually sent my male sim to ask her to leave. She would be gone awhile and he would go over each time she came back, before she could start anything. He went home and a few hours later the witch flew in! I wasn't sure what she would do so I used the Simanipulator Remover and sent her off to who knows where. I'm finally playing a hood where they don't show up. The only places I did see them were Nature and Arts, neither of which they were members. Also no Ivy Cupor and her band of enemies always pushing, shoving, pranking and fighting each other. I miss George McCarthy though, he would bury holes when my sims would dig for treasure. (:

Mad Poster
#75 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 9:28 PM Last edited by gazania : 29th Mar 2016 at 1:57 PM.
BY GEORGE! I THINK I'VE GOT IT!

I think I'm getting the basics of hotel design. The older B&B ... well, it's a nice house. The design is just not suited for a hotel, and nothing I did could fix it.

Here is a newbie's guide to hotel design, from what I'm gathering.

My new saltbox looks about as authentic as a cheap souvenir, but it DOES work. More testing will be needed, though.

A little celebration music, and how I felt after dozens of hotel attempts. (Right now, I'm at five working hotels and one ... well ... not. I suppose I should try for a half-dozen.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVmU3iANbgk

Page 3 of 440