Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 6:43 PM
Well, anyway, that brings me to stupid idea #2: inviting the butler to a party at the poolside club. Yeah, in vanilla he never comes back home if he leaves the lot for any reason.

Though I'm starting to think more generally the stupid idea was hiring a butler in the first place. It's like a marathon of Prison Break or something. The guy is trying to run away under the most bizarre circumstances, like collecting the discarded panties and whatnotand then running off the lot with it. I kid you not.

I mean, granted, I had worn that while exercising for like 12 hours, but that's no reason to try to dispose of it off-site. He can just use the bonfire out back

Most of the time I actually find him trying to swim off the island across the Atlantic, in some unroutable spot in the water. So I have to teleport him somewhere safe and THEN force him back with NRaas MC.

I'm starting to think the comrade doesn't like my workers' and peasants' *ahem* special kind of democracy on our island. Maybe the comrades from the secret police should have a word with him

And then there was the time I found him hiding in the fridge, after I forced him back. Well, technically he was in the same spot as the fridge, making me wonder how he got there. I prefer the "hiding in the fridge" explanation.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
...The guy is trying to run away under the most bizarre circumstances, like collecting the discarded panties and whatnotand then running off the lot with it. I kid you not.
Most of the time I actually find him trying to swim off the island across the Atlantic, in some unroutable spot in the water. So I have to teleport him somewhere safe and THEN force him back with NRaas MC.

I'm starting to think the comrade doesn't like my workers' and peasants' *ahem* special kind of democracy on our island. Maybe the comrades from the secret police should have a word with him

And then there was the time I found him hiding in the fridge, after I forced him back. Well, technically he was in the same spot as the fridge, making me wonder how he got there. I prefer the "hiding in the fridge" explanation.

Pattern of behavior detected. I think the key issue here is that your butler wants to be alone, in private, with your sim's dirty laundry but you keep finding him no matter in which creative places he tries to hide.
Scholar
#53 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 11:37 PM
Well, hell, pard'ner... he could just go to his room then. Or the laundry room or the kitchen; you ain't gonna catch me cooking or washing laundry any time soon. I mean that's a dangerous slope right there, pard'ner. Next thing you know, you're also doing stuff like the dishes
Alchemist
#54 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 11:40 AM
I woke up my nearly-passed-out-from-exhaustion teen Sim to kick out his best friend at 2 a.m. because the bastard had the gall to shoo the cat off the teen's bed.
First time he did it: meh, probably one of those random interactions EA added as possible.
Second time he did it: you're going down, asshole!

I also made another Sim work out and go without a bath for 3 days because he ignored the cat trying to cuddle with him when he arrived home.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#55 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 3:18 PM Last edited by olomaya : 18th Jul 2016 at 3:52 PM.
Soooo....cat person?

I think the dumbest thing I've ever done in my game that I wasn't able to undo and had to live with was marrying one of my playable Sims in Lucky Palms to a homeless NPC who was uniquely gorgeous, which is rare for the pudding Sims. Unfortunately, she ended up being a disaster of a wife. She brought zero money into the household, seems allergic to gaining skills or promotions and constantly rolls wants to join the stylist career which is useless for a Sim that you don't play all the time to watch them. Oh, and she hits on every guy in town, in particular, my main Sim, Caden. One time, Caden was at the Festival with his sister and I saw her thumbnail pop up on his action queue and then when I hovered over it, it said "Be Made Out with". What??? He and this Sim were barely friends. And he is best friends with her husband! Another time she showed up uninvited to Caden's dad's birthday party and stalked him for the entire night even though I kept trying to ask her to leave. Eventually I just reset her to make her go away.

I had to move Caden to another hood just to get him away from her, like he was in witness protection or Sleeping with the Enemy. I'm terrified she will show up in this new town as a tourist just to find him again. I'd kill her but like I said, she's hot and I need those genes for future generations.

Lesson learned, no more marrying random Sims based on looks alone. I will at least look into their character first to see if they will be suitable.
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 9:07 PM
I just thought of another thing I did once. Though to be honest I'm not sure it's really that stupid, but I find it to be funny at least.

I wanted to build a private basement for my ghost sim, so I put everything together and had what I thought was a great layout. The stairs leading down were outside the house, and my plan was to lock the door leading into the basement to keep everyone else out. Of course after I spent so long trying to get everything just the way I wanted it I found out that the stairs and the door were a complete waste. The first time I sent my sim into the basement he just goes right through the floor, making the stairs and door completely worthless! At the time I knew ghosts could walk through objects, but didn't know they could just go through floors like that. Next time I know not to even bother with stairs or a door if I want a private room for a ghost.
Scholar
#57 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Elynda : 3rd Sep 2019 at 2:10 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
I think I've just topped my previous stupid. After all this time playing I ought to have known it would end badly.

I'll put this under a spoiler, since there are a few pictures.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Site Helper
#58 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:50 PM
"You're gonna need a bigger boat bar."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#59 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:44 AM
I expanded my trait slots in Retuner without disabling add missing traits once by mistake and it made a horrible mess of my sim's traits in the town.I was lucky the town only had two families moved in so far because it would've ruined the save if there's been too many to fix easily.
Alchemist
#60 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:43 PM
Note to all: don't reset your sim one day before exams! I did this and his performance was reset to about half Had to quit the game because nothing I did (studying, using objects) could raise it...

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#61 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:18 PM
Similarly, if you send your child and teen sims to a new school just before they age up, their grades take a hit and you won't have time to work their way back up, which means unless you cheat the kids will get dumb semi-random annoying traits when they age up.
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:50 PM
@lucy kemnitzer How would that work for boarding school? I know the boarding schools give traits, though to be honest I'm still not sure how that really works so I'm just curious what kind of affect it would have to send someone to boarding school just before aging up.

By the way I can't help but think of Lemmy Kilmister (former bass player/lead singer for the band Motorhead) whenever I see your name, they just sound so similar.
Scholar
#63 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:58 PM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 31st Jul 2016 at 7:58 PM. Reason: typotypo always a typo
I wouldn't know about boarding school, since I prefer to keep my child and teen sims right where I can watch them.

As for Lenny Kilmister, well...I can guess we're probably nothing alike!
Scholar
Original Poster
#64 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 8:28 PM
I'm still not too familiar with boarding school either, that's why I thought I'd ask. I just recently bought Generations and I just haven't taken the time to really figure out some of the features, though honestly I haven't played in about a month because of my depression so that doesn't help. It seemed like there were several times where the car wouldn't show up to go to boarding school, and I ended up using NRaas mods to fix that. Plus like you said, I don't really think I like having them away like that because I like to watch over them. I can also give them the traits I want right away without having to change them later as well, where boarding schools assign certain traits. Also at boarding school they miss out on so many things they could be doing, so I just stopped sending anyone.

I doubt you're anything like Lemmy was, I'm not sure anyone is!
Scholar
#65 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:12 PM
Not sure either. I never sent kids away. Hell, I don't like having any of my sims out of my sight.

As I keep saying, I'm playing a maternal autocratic state. It's like paternal autocratic (the philosophy that people need to be guided with a firm hand for their own good), except you also get told to button up and put on a scarf before going out in that weather, young lady. And your room better be cleaned up
Scholar
#66 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 9:48 AM
I had my recent teen Sim go try for a baby with another teen. I don't recall getting the musical jingle, maybe my sound was just too low, and I never did get her having neausea based on 'unknown reasons'. Well, whatever. I kept going for a bit and, next day, I was just about to tell her to try for baby with someone else - Bam! Interrupted by the "Pregnant!" jingle! ...then I remembered I had gotten her Simmunity, so of course she wasn't going to get any neausea from being pregnant! One reason why I should probably keep that away until all the baby-having is done...
Page 3 of 3