Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#26 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 1:36 PM
I got kind of curious if it was actually blue, but apparently it's a bit purple with yellow lines as well!

In case someone is curious what it looks like:

It's really colourful if you tell me ^-^
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I've only ever seen the kraken when my Sims lived on a houseboat that was not moored. That seems to be the main condition that triggers it. After that I saw it regularly until I went back to port again and it hasn't ever appeared since then.
(As a side note, one of the reason to enter port again was because of my mermaid who got regularly sea-sick out on sea, which I found absurd.)

Yeah, my girls are mermaids too and this is annoying. The "Sailor" trait makes you free of sea-sick, this helps a little.

Oh, i took a weeeird screenshot of Kraken destroying a boat... I think this wasn't supposed to happen

Site Helper
#28 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 7:41 PM
Actually, I can understand a mermaid getting sea-sick while sailing on a boat. Their normal experience with the ocean is swimming in it, which is far different from sitting on a "solid" surface that keeps bobbing up and down. Sea-sickness is a sub-category of motion sickness.

And that Kraken is beautiful!!! I'm beginning to wish I had that EP.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I've only ever seen the kraken when my Sims lived on a houseboat that was not moored. That seems to be the main condition that triggers it. After that I saw it regularly until I went back to port again and it hasn't ever appeared since then.

That make sense, considering its size...no way this thing would be comfortable near the shore.
Hummm,
Beached kraken on the shore...interesting.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
#30 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 1:30 PM
Kraken? Cute. It is supposedly to add the mysterious bit in the game, but feels unnecessary sometimes if the players want to feel realistic gameplay on the ocean. If I want to see surprise emergence of giant squid, I rather see the realistic looking giant squid, not the creepy fantasy-monstrous version (which looks like fit more in dark RPG game). Seeing the TS3 version of kraken feels like I'm in the wrong game.

Am I the only here who wants animated dolphins in the game? Not just sharks, and creepy monstrous looking kraken, but dolphins. Imagine Sims can swim together with dolphins, interacting with dolphins, seeing dolphins jumping from the ocean water from houseboat in sunset background... ah paradise.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Never understood how it's an Island Paradise if giant tentacle monster is swimming around in the waters.

You will notice that it is very specifically calling out that the island is a paradise. At no point does it vouch for the shark-filled home of the Kraken surrounding it.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Never understood how it's an Island Paradise if giant tentacle monster is swimming around in the waters.

Perhaps we should be looking at it from the viewpoint of the giant tentacle monster?
Mad Poster
#34 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
So I was looking through the fish spawners, I saw the shark spawner, but I can't find the kraken spawner.

Not very good with this stuff but I think they require a fog emitter and a triggering code, not a spawner.
http://www.simsglobe.com/2013/06/th...g-emitter-codes
(do a page find on kraken to see the codes)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 11:21 AM
That sucks. In MC's object stats, I saw something called "Kraken controller." Was hoping I can place one in the pool.

Interesting. But that just means you can locate it, focus on it, and possibly delete it through MC (which is kind of where all of this started). Not that you can move it around, carry it home, or sell it at a Consignment Shop unfortunately.

Do you get a lot of transport boats passing by in your sims' swimming pool?
Instructor
#37 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 7:32 PM
So is it confirmed that the kraken doesn't appear in any of the worlds except IP? Because I have had my heart set on seeing it in my custom worlds and elsewhere forever. I even downloaded a mod which gives 100% chance that the kraken will attack any and all boats, but it's not working. Sunset Valley, Riverview, custom worlds, etc... I can't believe that the lack of kraken is related to the depth of the world's water. It shows up fine when you debug it to attack a boat. It has to be a missing emitter issue.
Is there really no way to get to it to swim menacingly by in the other worlds?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#38 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
So is it confirmed that the kraken doesn't appear in any of the worlds except IP? Because I have had my heart set on seeing it in my custom worlds and elsewhere forever. I even downloaded a mod which gives 100% chance that the kraken will attack any and all boats, but it's not working. Sunset Valley, Riverview, custom worlds, etc... I can't believe that the lack of kraken is related to the depth of the world's water. It shows up fine when you debug it to attack a boat. It has to be a missing emitter issue.
Is there really no way to get to it to swim menacingly by in the other worlds?

Emitters are more like 'decor effect' spawners. Fish in there aren't 'catchable'. For that, we have different Spawners. Now I think the Kraken has a whole different spawner, and EA likely, doesn't update their worlds with seas like IP with a kraken spawner. So I guess you can try edit a save and add it somehow with CAW since there are no Kraken spawners in debug. Unless you want a decor piece swimming around, and probably never appears.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:00 AM
On the net, some say that Lucky Palm has deep enough water for it to spawn.
I currently play in Sunlit Tides, and would have loved it. Now I wonder if it is even wasting my sim's happiness point, to get the Friend of the Kraken reward...then again, they are SO full of points, I could afford to waste it.

Mad Poster
#42 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:15 AM
Well if you go into MC --> town --> item stats --> global

The Kraken controller only shows up in Island Paradise.

That should be the best answer. Pretty much settles it.
Thank you.

Alchemist
#43 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:59 AM
Well if you go into MC --> town --> item stats --> global

The Kraken controller only shows up in Island Paradise.

Is it okay to remove Kraken Controller object with MC? Isn't it basically the same as removing Weather Controller object...

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#44 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 3:10 PM
The kraken doesn't have a spawner. It's appearance in the game is controlled and managed by the game itself. Basically the game will check the whole world at regular intervals for boats/houseboats that are floating on water deeper than a certain depth. If the game finds that any of these boats have been stationary for a certain amount of time, based on couple of random chances the game may send a kraken visual effect to swim under the boat or as a visual warning. The chances of an actual kraken attack increases the longer the boat stays put even after the initial warning and if the game finally decides to push an attack on the boat (houseboats cannot be attacked btw), the game will attempt to place a kraken attack jig under the boat and create the kraken itself at the spot to perform the attack.

From the looks of things, there is no code specifically gating the kraken to the Isla Paradiso only, the same code runs in any world you play as long as you have IP installed. Boats that are what the game considers is shallow water are excluded of course so worlds without deep enough water will probably never have a kraken appearance. However the minimum depth and all the random chances attached to the kraken can be tuned in the KrakenManager XML which can be tweaked with a tuning mod or NRaas Retuner. Reducing the minimum depth for a start could be interesting, though I wouldn't be surprised if the kraken visual effect is so large that it sinks under the ground in shallow water so you don't end up seeing it.
Theorist
#45 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 3:24 PM
It's a shame only an EAxian neighbourhood has this feature

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#46 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 12:17 AM
I can confirm that you can make the Kraken appear with the Fog Emitter (ep10krakenswimby), but it's a one time deal.
However, you can add triggers and activated behaviours to Fog Emitters (I suppose you'll need World Adventures).

So, I tried linking the Hidden trigger panel, so everytime a sim stand in this spot, the Kraken will appear:

Erm, success? I mean, we were saying that there wasn't enough of the Kraken, right?

That aside, it works normally with the Torch Lever or the Inscription Plaque...
Site Helper
#48 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 1:41 AM
I'm not sure how easy it is to get a sim to stand on a floor panel in a pool, but if it works with inscription plaques and torch levers you could have a "Beware of Kraken" plaque that works every time someone reads it.

Or an evil villain "deathtrap" that releases a kraken when a lever is pulled, although it wouldn't really be much of a deathtrap if all the kraken does is swim.

(How well the Kraken fits in the pool without massive clipping might be a different story.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#49 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 1:59 AM
Theoretically, yes, you can make the Kraken appear in a pool. I used the same method as above, where reading an inscription plaque triggers the effect:

But yeah, clipping issues as predicted. And the pool does have to be massive! Here, I tested this with a 45x45 pool.

I also had to elevate the Fog Emitter for the Kraken to appear on the surface.
In this case, I placed it on a second level (then I deleted everything and the Fog Emitter stayed in place) and I even shifted it up. I may have done it a bit too much...

This also means that the effect will only be visible if you're at least on the second level (or higher) of the lot.
Page 2 of 3