Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wanted. Functional built in oven. Sim-plicity Update 21-07-2016. Update bad tuning.

by necrodog Posted 6th Jul 2016 at 11:42 PM - Updated 22nd Jul 2016 at 3:08 AM by necrodog

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:14 AM
Hi,necrodog! I use this oven in my game, & it looks fantastic in game.
But one thing is that I click on this oven to bake pizza, but then finished preparing the ingredients, my sim puts the mixed ingredients into the original Maxis stove oven autonomously. How to avoid this? I have the other stove top you made, but I know they also can be used to bake. So I'm confused.... maybe this one only can use for giving orders and then they will choose the original one to bake.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:45 AM
hello parkjoonho. Going to check this issue. Thanks for reporting it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 6:03 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:58 PM
Great Job!
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 7:54 AM
Stopping by here to say THX! for all the appliances. I love them! I have one, small prob with this oven though. It functions like it should but it can't seem to be upgraded?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 3:51 AM
Great
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gavin2014
It functions like it should but it can't seem to be upgraded?

I also have this issue. My Sim can use the oven but when I tell him to upgrade it, he acts like he can't reach it.

Thanks btw for the great mods! Especially the pizza oven and the pizzas. Still need to find the Mini Pizzas in game though. xD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 3:44 PM
Hello. Thanks for reporting the upgrade isuue. Going to check and fix it.

Moddilie: The mini pizzas ares still in working proccess. Hope they will be released soon for download.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 3:09 AM
Hello i fixed the issue and add support for the upcoming mini pizzas recipes. Now a Bake mini pizza iteraction will appear for crafting them at home when released.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 7:32 PM
Hi! I downloaded the newest version and I now have the option to bake mini pizza (I know the recipes aren't in yet) but I still can't upgrade the oven. Or were you talking about another fixed issue?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:33 AM
Hello the new mini pizzas are ready.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=580520

Moddilie: Oh I think that reupdating the tuning with the new version will solve the issue. This oven tuning is based from the schmaple oven one. It has their properties. Maybe the original cant be upgraded too because it has many functions?
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:02 PM Last edited by Moddilie : 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by necrodog
Oh I think that reupdating the tuning with the new version will solve the issue. This oven tuning is based from the schmaple oven one. It has their properties. Maybe the original cant be upgraded too because it has many functions?

But I already use the new version! I made some screenshots showcasing the upgrading of in-game-schmapple, counter-top-schmapple and built-in-oven-schmapple.
imgur album
Only the build-in-one doesn't work.

Edit: Btw the newest clay oven can't be upgraded either. The old version was working fine (I have one upgraded on the home lot) but if I place another new one, I get that can't-reach-it-bug. Also I can bake small and normal pizzas on new and old version of the clay oven on my home lot. But I can't bake any pizzas in my bakery (Get To Work Retail lot), neither on other ovens like normal schmapple and build-in-schmapple. So it seems Pizzas don't work with Get To Work stuff? ((I can move this edit to the pizza or clay oven thread, if you don't want it here. Thought it might be a related issue.))
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 12:30 AM
Hello Moddilie: mmm its seems that the cant upgrade glitch is caused because i deleted the stove burners parts from the tuning, but if i leave them, stove burners recipes can be cooked on top of the oven. Going to check that again. I need a sim with repair skill for that, yes? And for the pizzas dont working on the retail lot. Dont know whats causing it. I tested making a custom shop and making some pizzas at them and it works. If you want to cook pizzas in a base game stove you need custom food iteractions version 1.7 You can cook the pizzas on any stove with it on the "cook custom recipe" menu.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571010

By the way which game version are you using? I updated the pizza ovens with game version 1.21.37.1020
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 12:29 PM
About upgrade bug:
Yes, you need a Sims with at least Handiness 5 I think. The newest version of clay oven has the same issue. Maybe you deactivated the stove burner parts on that too?

About can't-bake-pizza on retail lot bug:
I know that about pizza baking, that's why I wrote, that I can't bake it on ANY stove (including your newest custom stoves and the clay oven). I AM able to bake it on my home lot. I use your ovens and recipes for big and mini pizzas.
I don't use custom food interactions, because it pushes the "open fridge" interaction out of the quick options, but I can try the retail baking with this mod. And I will test it on another retail lot, maybe I have some bug. Will update, when I tried it!

I use the latest game version, because I play online with auto update. Right now it's version 1.21.37.1020
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 1:25 PM
pizza-baking-bug update!

First I tried custom food interactions, but it didn't change anything. I would still get the can't-bake-pizza-bug. Then I tried another retail lot and I could bake pizza there! So I went back and tried it again with another counter placement and that fixed it for me. It seems, my Sim needed more space to throw the pizza in the air. Sorry for reporting that part, when it was on my end all along!

So now there's only the upgrade bug still happening. Hopefully you find a solution!
(Btw I tried upgrading the clay oven on the new lot, but it still wouldn't work.)

Again an imgur album of my bug solution hunt. - link
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 2:08 PM
I found a workaround!
A Sim with the Nerd Brain Aspiration can use the instant upgrade option on this stove (and also the newest clay oven) and it works! I don't know why, but this is good enough for me! Now I can have my upgraded build in oven!
http://imgur.com/a/PmAGu

Thank you necrodog for your help!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:47 AM
Default Love it!
Very cool creation Thanks
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 8:10 PM
Hi there, This looks like a great Mod and I'm really loving your on-counter stove however when I try to place this oven, it says "Script call failed" and I'm not sure what's wrong. Can you please shed some light on the issue? Thanks
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simminine5920
Hi there, This looks like a great Mod and I'm really loving your on-counter stove however when I try to place this oven, it says "Script call failed" and I'm not sure what's wrong. Can you please shed some light on the issue? Thanks

I have the same issue with both this oven and the Functional Wall Oven. Did you solve your problem? If yes, any hint for me?
I have tried without mods and it still gives me the "Script call failed" error.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 8:32 PM
No way. It gives me "Script call failed" error whenever I try to place it in buy mode. May you fix it please? I love this oven and there's no alternative I can use.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ayb
No way. It gives me "Script call failed" error whenever I try to place it in buy mode. May you fix it please? I love this oven and there's no alternative I can use.

This may work - get the most recent version of ‘Sims 4 Studio’ and go to tools and do a batch fix for the recent Cats and Dogs patch.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ayb

nevermind. just tried it. still not working
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th May 2018 at 9:50 PM
@necrodog - Are u going to update this?
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 8:21 AM
Hello,
Since your post a long time ago, would it be possible to upgrade the oven to the latest version of the sims 4?
I'm trying to use it in the game and it's not working.
I'm waiting
Page 1 of 2