Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 12 (Who?), Viewed: 3479 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:37 AM
Fastest Way to 5-Star Celebrity?
I'm having a hard time getting to 5-star celebrity status for a LTW. My Sim was doing well meeting all the celebrities and impressing them, but he's kindof stopped dead-cold at 3-stars. He lost a lot of relationships when he was falsely accused, and even though the moodlet is gone he can't seem to build them back up again. Also some of the Sims have died, and he hasn't been very lucky building relationships with their ghosts. And, game isn't spawning new celebs.

1: Which LT rewards could help with this situation?
2: Does getting to level 4 of the film career provide an instant boost?
3: It says on TOW that you get 3000 points for spousing a celebrity; hypothetically, could divorcing and remarrying the same spouse double that amount?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 1:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_wolfe
I'm having a hard time getting to 5-star celebrity status for a LTW. My Sim was doing well meeting all the celebrities and impressing them, but he's kindof stopped dead-cold at 3-stars. He lost a lot of relationships when he was falsely accused, and even though the moodlet is gone he can't seem to build them back up again. Also some of the Sims have died, and he hasn't been very lucky building relationships with their ghosts. And, game isn't spawning new celebs.

1: Which LT rewards could help with this situation?
2: Does getting to level 4 of the film career provide an instant boost?
3: It says on TOW that you get 3000 points for spousing a celebrity; hypothetically, could divorcing and remarrying the same spouse double that amount?

Did you do the opportunities? You'll usually get a call or 2 from your sims' "agent" to go to a rabbithole or club, work out, and befriend another celebrity to boost up your status. I think Showtime's careers and the Film career give you a star if you're high enough.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulishagirl
Did you do the opportunities? You'll usually get a call or 2 from your sims' "agent" to go to a rabbithole or club, work out, and befriend another celebrity to boost up your status. I think Showtime's careers and the Film career give you a star if you're high enough.

If I'm counting right, he's had 10 or 11 Celebrity point opportunities (ie: Order a drink, dance at a club, play music at the bar, befriend a specific celeb). I know for sure he failed one because I misread 12pm as 12am, but otherwise he's done all of them.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 4:05 AM
Not sure if the celebrity system is as borked as some of the opportunities and careers are but there are ways around that if you feel your sim has been "cheated" out of his/her status:

Change the Celebrity Level using Master Controller. The Cheats Module is needed: From City Hall or a Computer>NRaas>Master Controller>Intermediate>Celebrity Level

Change the Job Level and Performance using Master Controller>Intermediate>Career
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 5:22 PM
I would suggest upping your Charisma and complete its Celebrity challenge (having 25 acquaintances), get the LTRs Legendary Host and Attractive, and then throw a lot of parties with celebrity guests. Anyone who's invited will show up and have a good time, and you wind up insta-friending all of the guests. (Or become even closer with the ones you're already friends with.) The Long Distance Friends LTR also hinders relationship decay on the days when you don't feel like partying.

If you don't mind your sim flirting around, you could also get the Master of Seduction LTR and get a lot of celebrity romantic interests, since that will cash in another +1000 points for every one you make. Just make sure to steer clear of public woohoo to avoid scandals or being caught cheating. If you've got Generations installed, get the Clean Slate reward once their relationships start weighing their reputation down.

Attaining higher career/skill levels also helps, I think. Marrying/remarrying celebrities cash in a lot of celebrity points, but keep in mind that divorce might create scandals that you could lose relationships over. (You could just patch them up again with the abovementioned method, though.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 8:08 PM
Yep, he's definitely going backwards in celebrity. Over the course of a day he went from 2527 down to 2512. I was trying to make him Super-Popular but he went from 8 to 6 Best Friends; it's like the relationship system is broken for him.

His stats: 10 Charisma, Celebrity Challenge, Personable, Super-Friendly, Comedian. His skills are Evil, Eco-Friendly, Commitment Issues, Unlucky, and Athletic. LTRs are Attractive, Legendary Host, Observant, Steel Bladder, and Opportunistic. He doesn't have a bad reputation.

Some things I'm going to try now: Reset Sim, join Film Career (exit Architecture), start dating Sims (for that boost), throw more parties, buy Long Distance Friend.

Site Helper
#7 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 8:35 PM
Is "Unlucky" contributing to his decline at all, or does it make too much sense for EA to have done that?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 10:58 PM
If your Sim has the Flirty trait (and/or you're willing to save up or cheat for the Master of Seduction LTR), I agree that the best way to become a celebrity is to get romantically involved with a lot of celebrities.

The Above Reproach LTR also works wonders for this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 11:32 PM
For whatever reason, the Architecture career was causing the problem. Why? How? I can't explain. As soon as the Sim ditched remodeling and joined the Film industry, his celebrity status was unfrozen. He's up to 4-star, but now that he's an elder I really gotta push to finish this LTW. At least he got Everybody's Best Friend now, that should help with relationships.

If I had to guess.. my game crashes a lot and he left many an architectural contract unfinished. No idea if that's how the celebrity system works, but that's what I choose to believe.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 7:32 PM
How about posting a sex tape online? Worked wonders for Sim Kardashian.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 6:06 PM
I've got another problem now; it says on the Sims wiki that you're supposed to gain Celebrity points when you befriend, start dating, or marry a celebrity. Well I had my level 4 celeb marry a level 1 celeb, and he didn't get any points for it! The spouse got raised up to level 3, but he didn't get a single point. He's going to die any day now, his LTW unfulfilled and he's SO close! I don't want to cheat, but it's so aggrivating!

Site Helper
#12 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 11:02 PM
Do you have anybody with a high level of either alchemy or cooking, gardening, and fishing?

Alchemists can make Fountain of Youth potions with green swallowtail butterflies, tanzanite, and one other generic ingredient, and cooks with access to deathfish and lifefruit can make ambrosia.

You can buy a young again or an age freeze potion with aspiration points, but it takes a lot of them.

Failing that, eat out a LOT. Sometimes the Bistro serves ambrosia.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook