Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated! More Monster Guards: Dragon, Ducky and Hippo Defenders

by K9DB Posted 13th Sep 2016 at 2:31 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2020 at 1:45 AM by K9DB

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 3:50 AM
Thank you these are just too cute!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 8:53 AM
So cute!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 9:45 AM
Aww, seconding the 'cute' comments - really adorable!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:35 PM
thank you very much--i don't have kids room stuff so i couldn't use the others of these, so i got to the point where i just refused to have any single bed in any house ever cause i couldn't stand the constant waking up of adults & refusal to sleep of kids-- hopefully with these i'll finally be able to have single beds again (& i'll finally have some reason to buy something from the decor section for once lol)
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 9:34 PM
So adorable cute.Thanks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:56 AM
Thanks guys, that makes me happy
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nocturna76
thank you very much--i don't have kids room stuff so i couldn't use the others of these, so i got to the point where i just refused to have any single bed in any house ever cause i couldn't stand the constant waking up of adults & refusal to sleep of kids-- hopefully with these i'll finally be able to have single beds again (& i'll finally have some reason to buy something from the decor section for once lol)

I know just what you mean! I'm glad your single beds are no longer gonna feel left out, lol.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:36 AM
What a great mod! Much better than the monster light. Thank you. My Sim parents were getting worn out from all that spraying.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
I know just what you mean! I'm glad your single beds are no longer gonna feel left out, lol.

so, do these still only work if you have kids room stuff or is there a certain way you have to place them to get them to work? & yes i made sure 'put on watch' was selected & when i tried to put it directly under the bed, she got route failure when i told her to sleep in the bed, which is why i'm wondering if you NEED the stuff pack for these to work properly?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:34 PM
so, do these still only work if you have kids room stuff or is there a certain way you have to place them to get them to work? & yes i made sure 'put on watch' was selected & when i tried to put it directly under the bed, she got route failure when i told her to sleep in the bed, which is why i'm wondering if you NEED the stuff pack for these to work properly?

@Nocturna76 You don't have to place them under the bed. You can place them anywhere in the room. Thanks for the pic, I see you have a custom bed? You might need an updated bed? If the creator of the bed hasn't updated it, that's where the problem probably is. I had the same problem when testing the toys in my game and hadn't realized I was using an un-updated custom bed. Have you tried an in-game bed?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 11:51 PM Last edited by nocturna76 : 16th Sep 2016 at 3:05 AM.
@Nocturna76 You don't have to place them under the bed. You can place them anywhere in the room. Thanks for the pic, I see you have a custom bed? You might need an updated bed? If the creator of the bed hasn't updated it, that's where the problem probably is. I had the same problem when testing the toys in my game and hadn't realized I was using an un-updated custom bed. Have you tried an in-game bed?

i have 100s of beds in the game, never really take note of what's custom & what's not when i'm furnishing a place, i'll have to see if i have the same problem with 1 of the EA beds

edit-so i replaced her other bed with the single double mission bed, which i believe is a default bed, & i can't see the monster now, but she's still acting like it's there (screamin waving her hands has the scared moodlet & is waking everyone up), so apparently i really won't be able to use single beds again unless i get kids room stuff
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 1:51 PM Last edited by K9DB : 16th Sep 2016 at 2:40 PM.
i have 100s of beds in the game, never really take note of what's custom & what's not when i'm furnishing a place, i'll have to see if i have the same problem with 1 of the EA beds

edit-so i replaced her other bed with the single double mission bed, which i believe is a default bed, & i can't see the monster now, but she's still acting like it's there (screamin waving her hands has the scared moodlet & is waking everyone up), so apparently i really won't be able to use single beds again unless i get kids room stuff

You really shouldn't need Kids Room Stuff for this to work. Weird...it should work. Do you have any other kind of bed or monster tuning maybe? Did you turn the toy on when the monster appeared and then it disappeared? Kids tend to take some time to calm down after the monster is gone before the moodlet goes away. If you leave the toy on all the time, does the monster still appear at night(s)? I'm not sure about the single mission bed, I'm going to check in my game now and give it a test.

Edit: Ok, tested the single Mission Bed. It works for me. I waited for the monster and then turned the toy on. Jeff did run to get his sister to spray after the monster was gone, but that's normal. It takes a while for the moodlet to disappear, so they stay scared for like 40 minutes or so before they'll go back to bed. You can keep the toy turned on permanently though, then the monster won't appear at all until you turn it off again.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 4:46 PM
You really shouldn't need Kids Room Stuff for this to work. Weird...it should work. Do you have any other kind of bed or monster tuning maybe? Did you turn the toy on when the monster appeared and then it disappeared? Kids tend to take some time to calm down after the monster is gone before the moodlet goes away. If you leave the toy on all the time, does the monster still appear at night(s)? I'm not sure about the single mission bed, I'm going to check in my game now and give it a test.

Edit: Ok, tested the single Mission Bed. It works for me. I waited for the monster and then turned the toy on. Jeff did run to get his sister to spray after the monster was gone, but that's normal. It takes a while for the moodlet to disappear, so they stay scared for like 40 minutes or so before they'll go back to bed. You can keep the toy turned on permanently though, then the monster won't appear at all until you turn it off again.

had the toy on before any monster nonsense, she still woke up & acted like the monster was there even though i could no longer see it, even while playing the child---maybe i couldn't see it because i did have the toy turned on, but she was still running around & screaming & waking people up, which was the main problem--i saw no monster at all, but she still acted like it was there, which is what i was hoping to stop...as for other mods, nothing that has anything to do with monsters but i do have the command center mod which has a feature that mimics the sleepfreedom mod from ts3, meaning anyone of any age or relationship will sleep in any bed regardless of who's already in it, if that's conflicting then i'm really out of luck because to me the game is completely unplayable without the command center mod
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 5:23 PM
had the toy on before any monster nonsense, she still woke up & acted like the monster was there even though i could no longer see it, even while playing the child---maybe i couldn't see it because i did have the toy turned on, but she was still running around & screaming & waking people up, which was the main problem--i saw no monster at all, but she still acted like it was there, which is what i was hoping to stop...as for other mods, nothing that has anything to do with monsters but i do have the command center mod which has a feature that mimics the sleepfreedom mod from ts3, meaning anyone of any age or relationship will sleep in any bed regardless of who's already in it, if that's conflicting then i'm really out of luck because to me the game is completely unplayable without the command center mod

Does the monster light work for you? The toys are basically just tuned with that, without the "light".
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 5:31 PM
Does the monster light work for you? The toys are basically just tuned with that, without the "light".

never even knew there was a monster light, i'll have to see if i can find it
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 5:37 PM
never even knew there was a monster light, i'll have to see if i can find it

It's that Coolala Bear Defender wall light.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 5:41 PM
Totally awesome! Thanks xx
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elliebreton
Totally awesome! Thanks xx

Thanks Elliebreton, you'r welcome
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:52 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 2:30 PM
I love these very much, since they are so adorable, and it is always nice to have choice. I don't know if you take requests, but I wonder if you would consider making some doll versions (with recolours) of these defenders/ guardians to put in little girls' rooms. (If you don't take requests, please just ignore this post). Some suggestions for dolls might be that wonderful Blackfyre Victorian doll from TS3 Supernatural, always a favourite for old houses, the Bratz style doll from TS3 Generations, the barbies from TS2 Teen Style Stuff (which someone converted for TS3 on this site), the Little Swiss Miss from the Holiday pack, the Creepy Doll from the Midnight Hollow TS3 store set, and other similar dolls (perhaps from cc creators). Or you could use the doll house dolls from TS4, and just make them slightly bigger. All of these would certainly add a lot of atmosphere to my kids' rooms, and I would be forever grateful (as would many others I am sure). I used to use them in a variety of combinations in TS3, and there just simply aren't enough deco dolls in TS4 (plus I think the Victorian and creepy ones would make great defenders).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bettybrant
I love these very much, since they are so adorable, and it is always nice to have choice. I don't know if you take requests, but I wonder if you would consider making some doll versions (with recolours) of these defenders/ guardians to put in little girls' rooms. (If you don't take requests, please just ignore this post). Some suggestions for dolls might be that wonderful Blackfyre Victorian doll from TS3 Supernatural, always a favourite for old houses, the Bratz style doll from TS3 Generations, the barbies from TS2 Teen Style Stuff (which someone converted for TS3 on this site), the Little Swiss Miss from the Holiday pack, the Creepy Doll from the Midnight Hollow TS3 store set, and other similar dolls (perhaps from cc creators). Or you could use the doll house dolls from TS4, and just make them slightly bigger. All of these would certainly add a lot of atmosphere to my kids' rooms, and I would be forever grateful (as would many others I am sure). I used to use them in a variety of combinations in TS3, and there just simply aren't enough deco dolls in TS4 (plus I think the Victorian and creepy ones would make great defenders).

@bettybrant I'm glad you like 'em. I don't usually take requests, but it never hurts to ask I usually just don't have the time or motivation But I was thinking of making some deco dolls for the Sims 4 for a while and you might just have given me the motivation to actually do it, lol! And if I can add the tuning to them as well, then even better. I'll see what I can do, but it might take a while. I think I know which dolls you mean, I'll take a look at them tonight, but I can't find the Blackfyre one? What does it look like again?
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 8:17 PM
Thank You !!!!!
Thank you so much! Didn't know this even existed
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 1:38 AM
Here is a link to a picture of the Blackfyre Victorian doll -- it's halfway down the page under "Morgana Goth" http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_C...t_Crumplebottom
I must also apologize because I mistakenly said it was from TS3 Supernatural, when apparently it was really from TS3 Showtime

That's great! I'm excited about the possibility of some deco dolls, even if they are not guardians.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 9:10 PM
Thanks
Page 1 of 4