Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 20 (Who?), Viewed: 9167 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 2:25 PM
Default Monsanto accepted the Bayer deal!
Monsanto accepted the Bayer deal. Frankenfood in Europe.............cancer here we come. :-(

www.bbc.com/news/business-37361556
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:54 AM
Oh good god. Thanks for the info.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"Science literacy is a vaccine against the charlatans of the world that would exploit your ignorance."~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
dodgy builder
#4 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 11:27 PM
Ok, another reason to stay home and buy local food.
Theorist
#5 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:12 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Sep 2016 at 2:01 PM.
I have a certain ambivalence towards genetic engineering.

Although I am for saving people's lives such as stem cell surgery and other such operations...

... it's the Frankenfood that's the biggest problem.

P.S. In the past ten years, scientists have discovered alternative sources to harvest stem cells from.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 9:18 PM
Just one word comes to mind. It's got four letters, starts with f
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 10:20 PM
C'est horrible ! Got to go tell my dad about it, he's crazy about this stuff.
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
6th Nov 2016 at 1:53 AM
This message has been deleted by LucieSims. Reason: new post below
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 1:57 AM
And the rumours underground says Bayer is one of the IG Farben, the compagny who killed the Jews and the people Nazi hates in death camps with Zyklon B gas,they are known for solding the unfamous Baygon to kill cafards aka the cockroaches in English and insects, they product are not efficent on them but they pollute our lungs.
Now they buy Monsanto. Bet the humanity will be destroyed in less 300 years if we continue to let them controling our life. They also make medicine pills and flea protector for pets.
What did you expect? nazi people stays nazi and they continue their politics of destroying humanity because their "sciences is for a better life".
Plus it can't be possible that Monsanto will be destroying forever just because they lose revenues a lot last year. If Bayer did not do, BASF or Villemorin might do it.Other mad scientists for clean off the Earth, the 99% of the world population the pest we are and making the Earth as uninhabitable as Venus is.

Honestely Humanity knew starving and our ancestors eat natural food without GMO, nobody really need to eat these unhealthy food that cause you big tumors like Elephant Man was except for a black fate on us. I can't be disagree totally with non-official information sites this time.
I know they told a lot of stupidities but I don't think they lie on food.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 12:28 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:01 PM
I heard some news. Monsanto-Bayer might extend their glyphosate licence for another 10 years in Europe! IF the EU accept it. So far it looks like, they MIGHT go for it? It´s not official yet. We can do something about it. Each signature helps, believe it or not. Thank you for your support.
https://act.wemove.eu/campaigns/eci-glyphosate-int

Information:

Stop Glyphosate
Ban glyphosate and protect people and the environment from toxic pesticides
We call on the European Commission to propose to member states a ban on glyphosate, to reform the pesticide approval procedure, and to set EU-wide mandatory reduction targets for pesticide use.

Ban glyphosate-based herbicides, exposure to which has been linked to cancer in humans, and has led to ecosystems degradation; ensure that the scientific evaluation of pesticides for EU regulatory approval is based only on published studies, which are commissioned by competent public authorities instead of the pesticide industry; set EU-wide mandatory reduction targets for pesticide use, with a view to achieving a pesticide-free future.

Why is this important?
Did you know a poisonous, potentially cancer-inducing chemical could be present in your body? [1, 2] This is possible because our food is being sprayed with it. In fact, scientists have found traces of the hazardous chemical Glyphosate in the urine of nearly 1 in 2 people tested. [3]

Glyphosate is a common pesticide, used on everything from food to gardens. The World Health Organisation has labelled it as “probably carcinogenic”. It is also very harmful to plant and animal life. In short, it’s a pretty damaging pesticide.

In Summer 2016, after a long campaign by hundreds of thousands of Europeans, the European Commission was unable to relicense the use of Glyphosate for 15 years, but instead had to settle for a short 18 month renewal. This was a huge success achieved in the face of intense lobbying by the chemicals industry. But big producers of weed killers like Monsanto are still lobbying to protect their profits. Their deep pockets have been paying for “studies” and “expert” opinions to show that their product is safe.

It seems to be common-sense that cancer-inducing poison should not be sprayed on our farms, our countryside and our neighbourhoods. We now have the chance to make our voices heard through a European Citizens Initiative -- a legal route that means the European Commission has to listen to us if we collect one milllion signatures this year.

We know what a constant use of Glyphosate will mean for us, the people of Europe: sick people, dead animals, burnt grass, brown leaves, and a loss of biodiversity. Last year, we were able to block Monsanto’s plans in ways they did not expect. But it’s not over, and in 2017 they will be fighting hard to extend the currently short term approval of glyphosate to 15 years. Which is why we will be fighting even harder to stop them.

Take action now: sign our Citizens Initiative against Monsanto’s cancer-inducing poison.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 2:06 AM
Even "March against Monsanto", mentioned the european fight against Glyphosate! And they collected more as 1.3 million signatures until today. This is just great!

http://www.march-against-monsanto.c...ller-in-europe/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:44 PM
Two New Studies Confirm: Neonicotinoid Pesticides Are Slowly Killing Off Massive Amounts of Honeybees.

http://www.march-against-monsanto.c...s-of-honeybees/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 7:55 PM
Today i was sitting at home, and it was quiet outside. Very quiet and i was wondering, where are the birds? I don´t hear anything. Happens that i don´t care about this sometimes. But today i was thinking, this is weird! Silence for many hours. Birds basically sing all day long in my area. They start hours before dawn, and stop deep in the night. But i don´t hear a thing! So i walked to the wood, and listened careful. I truly just heard some birds! I walked around for maybe 45 minutes, but there was not much going on. I´m not a expert, but i blame glyphosate for this! Farmer in Europe, use glyphosate since 2002 for their fields. Wheat, fruits, vegetables are full with that stuff. We eat that every day, and people get cancer soon or later. Insects die birds can´t find enough food, and they might die too? The ecosystem is a mess!! What if the remaining bees are extinct one day? 1.5 million different bee species, existed in the year 1950. Thanks to all the chemicals, there are less as 500.000 left!! People in China, pollinate flowers in some areas by HAND! Cause there are no more bees around. Seriously if we don´t stop this glyphosate madness worldwide, our future will look like this:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 9:42 PM
Victory! France Pledges to Vote AGAINST Reauthorization of Glyphosate, Could Spell the End for Monsanto Weedkiller in Europe.

https://www.march-against-monsanto....sate-in-europe/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:45 PM
Support the downfall of evil please, with a signature. Thank you very much!

https://act.wemove.eu/campaigns/sto...merger-baysanto

Stop monster-merger BaySanto!
Commissioner for Competition Margrethe Vestager, European Commission

Petition
A Bayer-Monsanto merger would be a disaster for our farmers. It will be a catastrophe for our bugs, bees and birds. We urge you to reject the merger and prevent the damage caused by these corporations. We also demand full openness about your decision making processes.

Why is this important?
On October 16 we have published scientific research with our partners, showing the proposed merger should be forbidden under EU competition law.

The research, done by international competition law experts from the University College London, explains how Bay-Santo would control our entire food system. They want farmers to buy all they need from one company. Starting with GMOs, seeds, and pesticides as their main products, Bay-Santo will also offer fertilizer, digital equipment, and farm machinery.

Bayer is one of the largest producers of agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides. And Monsanto is one of the leading producers of genetically modified plants.[1] Together, these companies could have a total lockdown on what farmers put in their fields, the pesticides they use, what we buy in the shops, and ultimately put on our dinner tables.

If the merger is to be successful, the two companies must gain approval of competition authorities all over the world, including from the EU. Bayer has managed to “convince” Donald Trump to back the mega-merger [2], and now there is really only one organisation that has enough clout to stop the deal -- the European Union.

We know that Margrethe Vestager, Commissioner for competition informally is already negotiating with Bayer behind closed doors. If we don’t act now this mega-merger could be a done-deal. That’s why we have to tell her to reject the deal now.

The merger of Bayer and Monsanto isn’t the only mega-merger in the agri-chemicals sector. ChemChina has already swallowed Swiss based Syngenta, and Dow Chemical and Dupont have merged as well. The three new agri-business giants would control 70% of the world’s agri-chemicals and 60% of the market for seeds.[3] This would be a crushing anti-competitive blow to the world’s farmers, tying them into buying seeds and pesticides from just three global corporations.

Those corporates proved already in the past, that they put their profit above our health and the environment. Industrial farming means a vicious cycle of the same crops on vast fields, which needs more and more fertiliser and pesticides to generate results. At the same time this model of farming causes erosion and the total loss of food chains for insects, birds and small animals.

While our fight is in Europe, the struggle against these mega-mergers is global. There are a growing movements of farmers, consumers and citizens like us, who protest against it. It is up to us to hold Margrethe Vestager accountable and demand to stop the merger.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 10:30 PM
Most of what we are able to grow as crops has been tampered with at some point, be it GMO or not. Bananas as we know them? Not natural. They can't even reproduce (essentially clones). Most types of grain? Spliced and combined until they had the properties we wanted. Tomatoes used to be poisonous until we tampered with them enough to be edible. Not to mention the ability to plant non-native plants all over the world. Just like a yappy Chihuaua's ancestor was a fierce wolf, most types of edible plants had some kind of issue humans eventually bred out of it (and probably introduced a few new problems while at it). GMO is only a somewhat newer way of tampering with food without having to go through several crops of selective breeding and plant splicing. Put very simply, you take out a particular gene from a plant, and stick it in another plant, to make the plant resistant against a bothersome insect, or maybe to grow bigger or to be more resistant in a harsh climate.

As for birds - it may depend on where you live and what season it is. I've heard noisy birds all summer. There aren't so many bees, though - but I live in a small-town suburban area, so it's mostly very spaced out garden plants to be found here. I have heard them buzzing around (they love a certain hedge I have to pass, and it's been buzzing most days with nice weather this summer). They do seem to be on a decline, though. A few years ago I felt like I was chased around by flying insects with pointy back ends wherever I went....

I'm somewhat neutral on the GMO debate (and haven't read up much on the Monsanto issue, to be honest). It would be nice if we could all eat organically grown food (I'm not saying natural, because there's very little natural about most of the food we eat, GMO or otherwise - the only food I'd call natural is the one that actually grows freely in nature without having being second-hand planted or otherwise have been tampered with), but it gives less crops and with the sky-rocketing population growth in the world, 100% organically grown food probably won't be enough to feed everyone, and would require larger areas. It's also more vulnerable to disease and bad crop seasons. The nutritional value of organically grown plants versus non-organically grown (GMO or otherwise) is very similar. There is some difference in meat, though - probably due to non-organic farmers often feeding animals the wrong food for what their bodies are meant to handle.

Sure, farming food non-organically does cause a lot of problems, usually with over-farming areas, using fertilizers and pesticides that ruin the soil or are poisonous or have bad components that follow the foods - but these are things we should be able to fix already now. Most of this may be politics or regulations by land owners, big companies, or others dictating how the farmers should work. A lot of farmers would probably like to run their farms in a way that's better for the nature if they could, but can't because they're trampled by various rules and regulations that work against them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 10:20 AM Last edited by Rafael! : 24th Oct 2017 at 6:39 PM.
Sorry if i´m not getting deep into details, of your message right now. I don´t feel too well. The politicians decide if Monsanto - Bayer, might get a new TEN years licence for Glyphosate tomorrow on wednesday 25. october 2017. That is a lot to take in! More cancer food for Europe! But what i can write is this. I agree our food is so very toxic. I´m surprised the human body, is able to suffer this for so many years until we get cancer. I talked to a doctor in a clinic. He never had so much cancer patients before. It was different 10-20 years ago. I wonder what Monsanto truly want? Kill most of us, and then??? Kill the rest too, and for which reasons, does it make any sense??? And why is our protest still NOT strong enough?? What shocks me is not Monsanto - Bayer, who don´t care about us. No it shocks me, that most of us still let it happen. I got a feeling sometimes like, people believe life is not so important??? We continue and eat this. Hey slow suicide for everyone "exiting". Can´t be so!!! Or am i wrong??? I noticed discussing this don´t change much. People just keep on walking, and continue with their daliy lifes. What i hear most: "Hey what can we do?" We can do a lot! For start don´t buy certain products anymore. If millions do this for weeks...well the lack of money hits "them" hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Most of what we are able to grow as crops has been tampered with at some point, be it GMO or not. Bananas as we know them? Not natural. They can't even reproduce (essentially clones). Most types of grain? Spliced and combined until they had the properties we wanted. Tomatoes used to be poisonous until we tampered with them enough to be edible. Not to mention the ability to plant non-native plants all over the world. Just like a yappy Chihuaua's ancestor was a fierce wolf, most types of edible plants had some kind of issue humans eventually bred out of it (and probably introduced a few new problems while at it). GMO is only a somewhat newer way of tampering with food without having to go through several crops of selective breeding and plant splicing. Put very simply, you take out a particular gene from a plant, and stick it in another plant, to make the plant resistant against a bothersome insect, or maybe to grow bigger or to be more resistant in a harsh climate.

As for birds - it may depend on where you live and what season it is. I've heard noisy birds all summer. There aren't so many bees, though - but I live in a small-town suburban area, so it's mostly very spaced out garden plants to be found here. I have heard them buzzing around (they love a certain hedge I have to pass, and it's been buzzing most days with nice weather this summer). They do seem to be on a decline, though. A few years ago I felt like I was chased around by flying insects with pointy back ends wherever I went....

I'm somewhat neutral on the GMO debate (and haven't read up much on the Monsanto issue, to be honest). It would be nice if we could all eat organically grown food (I'm not saying natural, because there's very little natural about most of the food we eat, GMO or otherwise - the only food I'd call natural is the one that actually grows freely in nature without having being second-hand planted or otherwise have been tampered with), but it gives less crops and with the sky-rocketing population growth in the world, 100% organically grown food probably won't be enough to feed everyone, and would require larger areas. It's also more vulnerable to disease and bad crop seasons. The nutritional value of organically grown plants versus non-organically grown (GMO or otherwise) is very similar. There is some difference in meat, though - probably due to non-organic farmers often feeding animals the wrong food for what their bodies are meant to handle.

Sure, farming food non-organically does cause a lot of problems, usually with over-farming areas, using fertilizers and pesticides that ruin the soil or are poisonous or have bad components that follow the foods - but these are things we should be able to fix already now. Most of this may be politics or regulations by land owners, big companies, or others dictating how the farmers should work. A lot of farmers would probably like to run their farms in a way that's better for the nature if they could, but can't because they're trampled by various rules and regulations that work against them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 1:54 PM
Here are some good news!!!

Black Day for Monsanto: On Wednesday 25. October, our governments refused to allow Monsanto's pesticide glyphosate for another ten years. They followed you and 1.3 million other Europeans who signed the European Citizens' Initiative against Glyphosate. The European Commission will continue to seek approval for the next few weeks - but Wednesday will be remembered as the day we beat Monsanto. The group has paid scientists and lobbyists to push through its dangerous weedkiller - and lost. More than one million of us have signed the European Citizens' Initiative. We passed them on the Internet, collected signatures in pedestrian zones, called our politicians. And we have shown that we can push back the influence of corporations. Persistence and commitment works. Decision makers are now discussing that we need more transparency and more independence from Monsanto. This is a huge opportunity to ensure that corporate influence is systematically limited in the future. Right now Monsanto is trying to gain more power by merging with the chemical giant Bayer. If they succeed, they could largely control what farmers grow in their fields, what pesticides they use, what we buy at the grocery store and what lands on our plates. We have already started a campaign against this megafusion and next week we will discuss our long-term strategy in the WeMove team. We want to turn Wednesday's successful fight into a sweeping victory against the power of corporations.

I will surprise you For far too long, Monsanto lobbyists feel at home in the corridors of our European institutions. Almost without access barriers, they can influence and shape important decisions. But Wednesday they realized that we citizens no longer accept that.Some policymakers relied on Monsanto-funded studies to endorse glyphosate. But also our European citizens' initiative was heard: In the official minutes she was called by an EU member country as a reason not to agree to glyphosate. Her voice and signature, along with those of 1.3 million people across Europe, have helped deny her further approval for glyphosate. And there is another success: a few days before the decision to extend the glyphosate approval Monsanto was prohibited from access to the European Parliament. The reason: The group had refused to participate in a hearing. This question was about how Monsanto has influenced studies on the safety of glyphosate. Also this measure would not have been possible, if not in the first step people like you had protested ever louder against the enterprise. What does that mean for us? We can free the European policy and thus the fields of our farmers from the grip of agro-groups. We know that this is not easy. But last Wednesday gives us courage and strength.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 1:14 AM
Thanks for the info. Time to quit buying Bayer!

Please No Requests and do not send requests by PM. Please see rule #5 here for details: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=135664
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_117
Thanks for the info. Time to quit buying Bayer!

Imagine 10 million people would skip their products, for let say just 2 month HA! The money they looose...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:04 PM
Latest news this is big:

For the new approval of glyphosate, Minister of Agriculture Christian Schmidt (CSU party Germany) contributed the decisive yes vote in Brussels yesterday 28.11.2017. Breaking the law: Germany should have been included in the circle of EU member states. Because still governs the SPD party - and had voted against the toxic poison. But Schmidt secretly told his representative in Brussels to vote for Monsanto's bestseller.

Madness so far! Let see what happens next? About time that Schmidt loose his job!!!