Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 7:38 AM
Default What aspiration(s) are you?
So...if you were a Sim (or if you do have a self-Sim), what aspiration(s) would you have?

I think I'd be Knowledge/Pleasure.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:17 AM
My self sim is Pleasure/Family and my hubbies is Pop/Pleasure. http://joandsarah.livejournal.com/49324.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:19 AM
Probably Knowledge/Family.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:45 AM
Can't decide between Knowledge/Pleasure and Family/Pleasure
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:59 AM
A few years ago, I think I would have gone for Knowledge with no secondary.

But having had time to think it over, examine myself more closely, I think I should be honest: Knowledge is my *secondary* aspiration. Because my *primary* can only be Pleasure. It's way too easy for me to just:
  • plant my fat white behind on a chair and play games at my computer
  • plant my fat white behind on a sofa and watch some movies
  • plant my fat white behind just about anywhere and read a good book

That I amass some knowledge while doing so, is just icing on the cake. But I'm doing it for the cake!

So there you have it: Pleasure/Knowledge.
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:11 AM
@BoilingOil - So, so true. I used to be quite the academic when I was younger so I think my original simself was knowledge. But now, even just taking my simming habits into consideration I know I'm Pleasure/Knowledge. I may not love to jump on couches but I can totally laze about all day in my pajamas playing games and reading books. In fact, that'd be my entire want panel: blog about games, read a novel, watch tv, and eat spaghetti.

What's fun too is thinking about what traits you have. When I played a sim in TS3 that hated the outdoors, I knew for sure that was me. I'd totally roll wants to see how long I could stay at home.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:13 AM
100% playful and IQ much more higher than average.
Romance/Pleasure
Now retired from romance after my last one died 3 years ago.
And I am not fat.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:19 AM
When I was younger, I was a typical knowledge/pleasure. Study hard, leisure hard all the way! Nowadays, I'm pleasure/family. Life's too short.

My so is probably pleasure/knowledge or pleasure/romance. So many video games in our household!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:33 AM
Definitely Pleasure/Knowledge. I can play video games and read books for a whole day and I'm a huge consumer of alcohol when I go out to parties. Knowledge because I'm interested in the world and learning about things I don't understand which might be why I'm studying law, but I'm more into having fun.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:41 AM
I see this question has come around again. As I've said before, if we ignore the fact there is no creative aspiration, my aspiration is either knowledge/creative or creative/knowledge depending on how I'm feeling.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:53 AM
I thought I was family for ages. But later, I realised I'm Popularity/Knowledge. It's possible that I had an aspiration shift. I'm definitely Sloppy, Lazy and Nice. I guess my OTH would be Arts and Crafts, but only just. Second would be Music and Dance, Film and Literature equally.

My husband is Family/Knowledge, Playful, Neat and Shy. (Not really shy, more introverted). His OTH is Games, easily. He also likes Nature, and Music & Dance.

My son is too young to have an aspiration but I think he'll be Popularity or Pleasure. His OTH is Games too. He's Outgoing, Nice and Playful.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:04 PM
I would say probably Pleasure/Knowledge for me, or possibly Knowledge/Pleasure - I like all the little Pleasure wants like changing into pyjamas and watching TV, but I'm not keen on all the dating and outings wants and other such things! :-D

Personality-wise I'm about 3 points Sloppy/Neat (just enough to not leave puddles when I shower or eat out of the trash, however many points that is!), quite Shy, quite Lazy, about equally Serious/Playful and about equally Mean/Nice. Probably 3/3/4/5/5, in fact :-) For my OTH (which I don't actually pay any attention to in my game) I'd probably have either Films & Literature (emphasis on the Literature!) or Games, with Nature, Cuisine and Music & Dance also pretty high. And Sports perhaps quite high from watching it on TV! :-D
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:39 PM
Knowledge/Fortune.
Knowledge to know where to find and Fortune to be able to pay for all the fun I need
Forum Resident
#14 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:48 PM
Knowledge with pleasure as secondary. Or the other way around. Hm.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:48 PM
I'd say I have a knowledge aspiration with pleasure, because I have fun while learning new things..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:49 PM
I'm a definite Family/Knowledge.
The most important thing to me is my family and I wish to have my own children some day, knowledge because of my natural thirst for information, I soak it up like a sponge. I like to know everything about everything - even if at times that makes me seem a little nosy. Trivia, gossip, scientific facts - anything. I just want to know it.
My OTH would be either Film & Literature, Arts & Crafts or Science. I can't remember the exact personality I go for for my sim-self, but I believe it makes me a Taurus, although other times I just put it as my actual star sign (Gemini) because that kinda suits me well too - if you even out the serious/playful and lazy/active points a tad.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#17 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 3:49 PM
Pleasure/ Fortune, Knowlegde/ Fortune, or Pleasure/ Knowledge.
I like learning things, just not being told what to learn, cos then it becomes a sort of obligation (homework) and just no thanks, that just kills my curiosity. Not sure how I'd describe my personality, but I'm definitely lazy, and am possibly heading towards grouchy (though I don't consider it to be)
Scholar
#18 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 4:37 PM
Pleasure/Grilled Cheese.

I'm not joking.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#19 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 4:42 PM
Fortune/Pleasure.
Scholar
#20 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 4:43 PM
Knowledge/Grilled Cheese.

>

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 4:50 PM
Pleasure/Grilled Cheese
I'm also not joking
I used to think of myself as more knowledge/pleasure but...nope. I just wish lol.
Sims, reading for fun, gaming....well I don't care for going out. I'm an introverted home-body pleasure.

My Simblr
He/They
Link Ninja
#22 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 5:55 PM
Pleasure/Populatiry

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#23 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 6:40 PM Last edited by kamoodle5 : 18th Sep 2016 at 6:50 PM.
I would consider myself Pleasure/Knowledge. I wouldn't exactly see myself with the others; however, some years ago, I did used to make grilled cheese sandwiches quite a bit and long before that I was eager to make new friends around my neighborhood. If Family, I'd rather fulfill that aspiration by adopting and taking care of pets. I know there's a LTW for making best friends with 20 different cats and dogs. I don't really care about getting mischievous with romance at all, and I am currently unemployed which means I can't achieve Fortune.

I am definitely big on Pleasure since I play Sims 2 all day and hardly focus much on my chores, but I am also keen to learn more about the little things I discover every day.

Looks like the majority of us like the combination of Pleasure and Knowledge, even though when it comes to chemistry it's a horrible combo. :P
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 6:55 PM
*lists off everyone she knows*
I'd be Family/Pleasure. Definitely.
My son would be a Knowledge sim (once he's old enough). No clear indication towards a Secondary yet.
My mom would be Fortune/Pleasure (not 100% sure of Pleasure. Knowledge, Popularity or no secondary are also possible).
Dad would've been a Family and either Pleasure (likely) or maybe Fortune, but more as a hard worker, rather than the "zomg must make money!" mentality. Think promotion/skilling wants, rather than buying/earning a certain amount wants.
My brother would be Pleasure/Knowledge, and 100% would have Gaming as his OTH and LTW.
My friends are a mix of Pleasure, Knowledge, and Family.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 7:12 PM
I'm Pleasure/Fortune, with a few dashes of Knowledge and Romance. My OTH would be gaming, and my LTW (for realz) would be to amass $1,000,000. 100,000 won't cut it. :-) But I'm lazy so good luck there. The people I know are varied in terms of what aspirations I would use to describe them.
Page 1 of 2