Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolors of Painting "Kitten vs Yarn"

by gabilei123 Posted 15th Oct 2016 at 4:10 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2017 at 11:26 PM by gabilei123

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 4:26 PM
I love the pictures you chose, thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 6:27 PM
I love these!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 12:14 PM
These are really nice, but I'm confused as to which file I should download.

I already have CEP - I think most players do by now and it's not really necessary to include all of that info, it's sort of confusing.

How do the three files here differ?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 12:55 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 16th Oct 2016 at 2:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
These are really nice, but I'm confused as to which file I should download.

I already have CEP - I think most players do by now and it's not really necessary to include all of that info, it's sort of confusing.

How do the three files here differ?

If you want to use the frames and not only the paintings, Numenors CEP is not enough.
You have furhermore to use two of Hafiseazales CEP-packages here: https://hafiseazale.dreamwidth.org/16076.html.

If you don't use them, you have only the original frame for each picture. Otherwithe you can change the frames as you want.

For these recolors you need only:
HA_CEP_Extra_PETS_KittenvsYarn_Documents.package put to C:\Users\\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA,
HA_CEP_Extra_PETS_KittenvsYarn_ProgramFiles.package put to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA.
These packages are in this download: http://simfileshare.net/download/56005/.

GL_Recol_KittenVsYarn_Paintings contains only the paintings, usable also without Hafiseazales CEP.
The other Packages contain several frames, only usable with Hafiseazales CEP.

If you download all 3 files and put their content into your download-folder, it should be no problem, but without Hafiseazales Packages my frames will not be shown.

I hope this makes it clearer.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 5:39 PM
So I downloaded both your recolours of the painting plus the CEP package you link to here, and I'm only seeing the pictures from the other download, not this one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 5:43 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 18th Nov 2016 at 6:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
So I downloaded both your recolours of the painting plus the CEP package you link to here, and I'm only seeing the pictures from the other download, not this one.

Have you done the CEP-files into the correct folders?

As I wrote in the description under the point "Required, but not included":

HA_CEP_Extra_PETS_KittenvsYarn_Documents.package put to C:\Users\\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA,
HA_CEP_Extra_PETS_KittenvsYarn_ProgramFiles.package put to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gabilei123
Have you done the CEP-files into the correct folders?

As I wrote in the description under the point "Required, but not included":

I am able to recolour the painting frame and image separately, so I believe the CEP is installed correctly. The problem in I'm only seeing the recolours included in "Even more" despite installing both this and "Even more" at the same time and correctly. I even shut the game and reinstalled to make sure I didn't mess up the install for these paintings and *shrugs* still only seeing the recolours in the other download.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 2:44 PM
I am able to recolour the painting frame and image separately, so I believe the CEP is installed correctly. The problem in I'm only seeing the recolours included in "Even more" despite installing both this and "Even more" at the same time and correctly. I even shut the game and reinstalled to make sure I didn't mess up the install for these paintings and *shrugs* still only seeing the recolours in the other download.

Sorry, I want to help you, but I can not figure out, what you mean with "Even more"? I don't know, what you see and what you want to see but don't see.

I'm only seeing the pictures from the other download, not this one.

Also here, I don't understand, what is the other download?