Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 6:50 PM
Yeah, I REALLY wanted to love the Sims 4 but just never got there. I think Sims 3 was all-around a better game, even with it's technical limitations and problems. Honestly, I think if they did the Skyrim Re-Mastered treatment to Sims 3 it could be a big seller again. I'm willing to bet 64-bit and more ram would make Sims 3 run like a polished diamond on our more modern machines.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 7:10 PM
I've played all the game of the franchise, and now I play both sims 3 and sims 4 . And both have their advantages and defaults and I can't choose.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 7:38 PM
YES. I love the sims 4. *Turns on the game, plays a while, bangs head to the wall and screams whyyyy??*
Next day. *looks at pretty ts4 pics and cc, loves the game again*.
That's my kind of love.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 7:46 PM
Yeah... the only thing i miss is how easy you can start a new game...

In TS3 you had to do thousands of steps before you could start playing it in order to prevent crashing, lag and heaps of bugs.
In TS2 you had to make sure that your hood doesn't get corrupted.

And if you trully wanted to start a new, custom game, you had to build f***ing whole worlds and neighborhoods together with it's inhabitants from scratch (which obviously takes enormous amounts of time).

TS4 is kinda easy to start you off as all of the other characters are irrelevant and the world is at your disposal to make it custom with just few clicks of a button. But when it's done you are left with nothing. Of course, the simplicity of seting up the game comse from the design choice of having limitet customization. One would hope that easier and limited building resuts in this game focusing on gameplay, but heck, even that aspect of the game is lackluster.

Ts2 and TS3 are completely different from that. You have to spend hellisly long time in order to even start the game, but when you do, you are rewarded with the best experience you could ever dream of and countless hours of good gameplay.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 1:05 PM
Simple answer for me

I love the Sims 4's aesthetic but I just don't like where the direction of the game has headed.
Theorist
#56 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 4:25 PM
When people like to talk about "The Sims 4 aesthetics." I like to redirect them to this image from Around The Sims 4 when Sandy tried to convert her wearable accessory backpacks from TS3, the results were unusable and it shows the frightening drop in overall texture quality. The reduced budget really, really shows.

You can say "I like the new aesthetic" all you want, but a simpler overall look does not excuse lack of quality. It is possible to have both.
Test Subject
#57 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
When people like to talk about "The Sims 4 aesthetics." I like to redirect them to this image from Around The Sims 4 when Sandy tried to convert her wearable accessory backpacks from TS3, the results were unusable and it shows the frightening drop in overall texture quality. The reduced budget really, really shows.

You can say "I like the new aesthetic" all you want, but a simpler overall look does not excuse lack of quality. It is possible to have both.

Would you look at that, even the logo's plumbob lost its texture.

Personally I'd love to be able to enjoy TS4, but it's just a bunch of missed opportunities at this point in time; I know some people like it but I keep coming back to TS2 and 3 because they're much more enjoyable to me.

Just read my posts with the frenchiest accent you could possibly imagine.
Theorist
#58 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissLogicielle
Personally I'd love to be able to enjoy TS4, but it's just a bunch of missed opportunities at this point in time; I know some people like it but I keep coming back to TS2 and 3 because they're much more enjoyable to me.

I -want- to love the game, because I love the franchise. I try and try and try, but no-matter what kind of story I play I can't seem to play for more than ten minutes at a time before it becomes so frustrating, daunting, and repetitive that I need to turn it off.
Scholar
#59 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 12:24 AM
I personally "like" the way the game looks but hate that looks were chosen over playablility. OFC it has been stated hundreds of times that this game was actually intended for mobile and EA clearly took advantage of consumer loyalty to perform a quick switch up and market this off as 60$ pc game but.... i'd like to think there was more potential. And it was squashed.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 9:05 PM

Those crisp textures in TS3 were only available in CAS, not in game. In game they were fuzzy and blurry and took a few moments to load. And if that wasn't enough they also reflected the sunlight and made it difficult to look at them. TS4 at least loads the textures properly and doesn't make the game appear like you need eyeglasses to see properly.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 9:28 PM
Yeah. I do. Shrugs.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 12:10 AM
I like it. At first, i hated it, and kept playing The Sims 3 a lot, until i started playing TS4 again, and it's awesome. It's like, The Sims 3 is quantity(Open world, a lot of things to do, etc.) And The Sims 4 is quality(Art style, optimization, multitasking, etc.). TS4 has got a lot of personality, smarter Sims, multitasking and is much more optimized than TS3. They are like two completely different games for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 1:37 AM
The sims of ts4 are indeed smarter with multitasking and all that, BUT everything else (mostly) about the game is like the developers themselves got way dumber
Scholar
#64 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeroG667
I like it. At first, i hated it, and kept playing The Sims 3 a lot, until i started playing TS4 again, and it's awesome. It's like, The Sims 3 is quantity(Open world, a lot of things to do, etc.) And The Sims 4 is quality(Art style, optimization, multitasking, etc.). TS4 has got a lot of personality, smarter Sims, multitasking and is much more optimized than TS3. They are like two completely different games for me.

That's how it started with me, I didn't actually hate it but just found it too boring and unfunny, stopped playing for years and when to the older sims games. When back, played on a new neighborhood world, and new families and been hooked since. I like to think what is got, than what it hasn't got.
Scholar
#65 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pollux111
Reading your post I'd believe it's sarcasm because it's so on the nose except since you spend all your time gushing about this heap in "What did I discover in Sims 4 Today" thread I have to unfortunately take your words at face value.

Poor you! Some people actually like this game!

Yeah a couple people noted I sounded sarcastic, nah I think that was just snark? baha
Test Subject
#66 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 7:56 AM
I just got the game recently after avoiding it on release from the cut backs they had made, no pools, no basements, etc had me really upset at the time. But learning that these things were patched back in the game persuaded me to buy it. The only thing I really miss now is the "Create a style" feature.

I'm enjoying playing the game and creating sims, but I completely understand and agree with the criticism towards the game. The one thing I am very happy about with it though is the loading times. TS3 for me took a decade to do anything load, save, start, create a style, it was very irritating. Even though I had a nice computer at the time of its release it gave me all these hassles. Now I can get into playing the game immediately when I feel like it, instead of struggling with it to load. I'm also very happy with the build mode functions they've added to the game.

I dont know how I feel about the changes to CAS mode, I cant figure out if I prefer this or the sliders. :c
Theorist
#67 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Those crisp textures in TS3 were only available in CAS, not in game. In game they were fuzzy and blurry and took a few moments to load. And if that wasn't enough they also reflected the sunlight and made it difficult to look at them. TS4 at least loads the textures properly and doesn't make the game appear like you need eyeglasses to see properly.

well someone played with the graphics settings turned down. And the bloom can be mitigated by turning your lights to dim, which still provided more than enough light.
Theorist
#68 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 9:27 AM
I kind of got TS4 texture fever ever since I got Sims 4 Studio a while ago. It's helped me put aside america and lousy prediction cnn.
Theorist
#69 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
I kind of got TS4 texture fever ever since I got Sims 4 Studio a while ago. It's helped me put aside america and lousy prediction cnn.

I can understand why it's an attractive prospect making content for TS4, It is really easy to add texture to a lamp when the lampshade has no texture, just solid colour, and the light bulb is a 5 sided polyhedron.

Makes the mapping really easy.

My Runescape sword has more polys than this lamp
Instructor
#70 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 1:04 PM
my Crystal sculpture has more polys that THAT lamp! :D

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 5:58 PM
Yeah, they really need to update their graphics, poly counts and texture resolutions. It's not 2004.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Yeah... the only thing i miss is how easy you can start a new game...

In TS3 you had to do thousands of steps before you could start playing it in order to prevent crashing, lag and heaps of bugs.
In TS2 you had to make sure that your hood doesn't get corrupted.

And if you trully wanted to start a new, custom game, you had to build f***ing whole worlds and neighborhoods together with it's inhabitants from scratch (which obviously takes enormous amounts of time).

TS4 is kinda easy to start you off as all of the other characters are irrelevant and the world is at your disposal to make it custom with just few clicks of a button. But when it's done you are left with nothing. Of course, the simplicity of seting up the game comse from the design choice of having limitet customization. One would hope that easier and limited building resuts in this game focusing on gameplay, but heck, even that aspect of the game is lackluster.

Ts2 and TS3 are completely different from that. You have to spend hellisly long time in order to even start the game, but when you do, you are rewarded with the best experience you could ever dream of and countless hours of good gameplay.

The weird thing is, though, I LOVED doing that in TS3. I loved setting up my world and the background for the stories I wanted to tell. I loved giving people grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and exes so it wasn't like they all had just moved to this new neighborhood. Master Controller enabled me to give people the careers, relationships, etc that I wanted them to have. It also let me guide things the way that I wanted them to go, but at the same time I could let the game do things for itself through MC Story Progression. I think that TS3 taught me that I enjoy playing worlds more than I enjoy playing individual families. I like TS4 for some things but my family feels so... alone. Nothing ever happens around them.

I am aware, btw, that my enjoyment of TS3 depends solely on the NRAAS suite. That's why I say that modded TS3 is my favorite game, emphasis on "modded."
Mad Poster
#73 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 10:19 PM
well someone played with the graphics settings turned down. And the bloom can be mitigated by turning your lights to dim, which still provided more than enough light.

Well, I didn't have graphics turned down, but my sims still looked like they were made of latex and walking around in a steam room. Dim lights didn't help either as I couldn't see anything inside the houses.

Theorist
#74 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 10:59 PM
I god, I forgot how much I miss real textures...

Her shirt... THAT TREE!!!

*Loads up the sims 3*

Also, of course your sims are going to look like plastic if you're using the defualt skintone, but they look even more plastic now, so that's a "you" problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 11:22 PM
I agree

With quality skins replacements (I use navetsea), default eyes replacements and a lot of custom sliders, your sims can be as realistical as you want them...

But I suppose that to people that don't likke CC and modding the game it's a pain in the ass to have puddings in their games.
Page 3 of 6