Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tall Order Cabinets Expansion

by Madhox Posted 9th Nov 2016 at 12:39 AM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 7:55 AM
Downloaded the merged file version of these and the other cabinets you have uploaded. Unfortunately, when I played the game, it was glitched. Like, in the main window, if I clicked to create a sim, the button didn't work. As well, I couldn't get in the game if I clicked play. So, I opened the menu to exit and it was the same. In the end, I had to alt + tab and close it using my task manager.

I had a similar problem when City Living installed, but I solved it with a reboot. This is exactly what I did. After the reboot, I tried the game again. This time it let me into the game when I clicked play. To test if it was working, I opened an empty penthouse with no occupants. It opened, but there was no build menu on the bottom and oddly, on the top right the icon that returns you to the neighbourhood was missing. It wouldn't open the menu either. Again, I needed to use the task manager.

Hated to do this, but I removed all three sets of cabinets and the game worked without a reboot. Don't know what the problem is. I have a few of your other items and love your work. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. Hope this helps.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duncan Disorderly
Downloaded the merged file version of these and the other cabinets you have uploaded. Unfortunately, when I played the game, it was glitched. Like, in the main window, if I clicked to create a sim, the button didn't work. As well, I couldn't get in the game if I clicked play. So, I opened the menu to exit and it was the same. In the end, I had to alt + tab and close it using my task manager.

I had a similar problem when City Living installed, but I solved it with a reboot. This is exactly what I did. After the reboot, I tried the game again. This time it let me into the game when I clicked play. To test if it was working, I opened an empty penthouse with no occupants. It opened, but there was no build menu on the bottom and oddly, on the top right the icon that returns you to the neighbourhood was missing. It wouldn't open the menu either. Again, I needed to use the task manager.

Hated to do this, but I removed all three sets of cabinets and the game worked without a reboot. Don't know what the problem is. I have a few of your other items and love your work. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. Hope this helps.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't have City Living so I can't test that but there shouldn't be any reason they would be causing problems since they're just object clones and don't change anything in the game. If anyone else is having issues please let me know so I can narrow down what the problem is.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Madhox
Thanks for letting me know. I don't have City Living so I can't test that but there shouldn't be any reason they would be causing problems since they're just object clones and don't change anything in the game. If anyone else is having issues please let me know so I can narrow down what the problem is.

Happy to help. Forgot to mention, when I went in the second time and was in the penthouse, the rest of the icons on the top to the left of the group on the right was missing too. Doubt if that's any help, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

The one thing that made me doubt it was your uploads had to do with a similar problem occurring when City Life was first installed, like I mentioned. At the same time, I can't deny the game worked again when I removed them, so I'm at a loss to explain that.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duncan Disorderly
Happy to help. Forgot to mention, when I went in the second time and was in the penthouse, the rest of the icons on the top to the left of the group on the right was missing too. Doubt if that's any help, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

The one thing that made me doubt it was your uploads had to do with a similar problem occurring when City Life was first installed, like I mentioned. At the same time, I can't deny the game worked again when I removed them, so I'm at a loss to explain that.

Since I don't have the expansion, do you know if they made any changes to the glass trophy case from the base game? That's what I cloned them from. Also, was it just the merged files or do the separate ones cause the same problems? If you don't know, don't worry about it, just trying to figure out what's going on.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 7:39 PM
Thank you so much! Beautiful!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 9:01 PM
Amazing!
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 10:57 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the added slots for stuff.
Because I had the same problem since City Life with some Mods which added more slots for stuff on fridges and other furnitures.
I had to remove them, then the game was working as usual.
Maybe this is helpfull to know
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Madhox
Since I don't have the expansion, do you know if they made any changes to the glass trophy case from the base game? That's what I cloned them from. Also, was it just the merged files or do the separate ones cause the same problems? If you don't know, don't worry about it, just trying to figure out what's going on.

Sorry for the delay responding. The glass trophy case appears the same to me. And yes, it was just the merged files. I considered trying the separate files and merging them myself if they worked, but haven't had the time lately.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 7:26 PM
this is great thanks...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 10:00 AM
thank you very much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:43 AM
I really love this set!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 8:06 PM
Great Job :)
Instructor
#14 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 3:59 AM
These need updated for the 1.58.63.1010 patch.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 31st May 2021 at 12:22 AM
I know I already clicked "Thanks" but I wanted to thank you again for these. I was looking at the basegame set of these and disappointed at how few options there were. Having a fridge cabinet and other features makes it so much nicer. I particularly like the shelves.