Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hygiene gain from swimming

by gummilutt Posted 11th Dec 2016 at 6:48 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2017 at 1:27 AM by gummilutt

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 7:27 PM
It really does make a lot of sense and I always wondered if a mod like this could be possible...
But my skills are quite low...ugh
Thank you so very much the both of you for this new mod!!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 8:06 PM
Thank you Gummi :)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 8:06 PM
Ab-so-lutely brilliant!!! Both the thought and the realization

Are lakes included? And can the hygiene speed/cap be different for each venue? (pool, ocean, lake) Too cool!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 8:42 PM
This is great. Thank you. I always wonder why swimming didn't raise their hygiene. And to be honest, ocean swimming makes you feel icky anyway, so the part where you don't get fully clean is great.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:08 PM
Lakes would be included because the game thinks swimmable lakes are pools because of the floor tiles. So any changes to pools should affect lakes the same as well. Don't know the other answer.
just a girl
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:17 PM
If anyone asked, I would have thought sims already did gain hygiene from swimming :-D

Nice touch with the cap!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:20 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 12th Dec 2016 at 4:22 PM. Reason: Fixing typo
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Are lakes included? And can the hygiene speed/cap be different for each venue? (pool, ocean, lake) Too cool!

I'll refer to gayars answer above for swimable lakes. I've never used them, so I'm not too clear on how they work. But since gayars says they are the same thing as far as the game is concerned, I don't believe it would be possible to separate the two. I have an idea, but I don't have high hopes it'll work I tested the mod just to be sure it works, and it does apply to swimable lakes.

As for separating pools and oceans, I do think it'd be possible. The way swimming is coded there is no difference between swimming in a pool or the ocean, it uses the same stuff but I could make the motive part check which type it is and use different values depending on which one. The original request didn't want it that way as I understood it, so that's why I let it be one, but I'll see what I can do next time I have time to create, probably sometime next weekend

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:44 PM
How cool is that! Thank you so much
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:44 PM
Coolie-beanies!!! I thought maybe lakes were really thought to be pools by the game...
...which should IMHO be a little higher hygiene than the salty/sandy ocean. I love the 'cap' - brilliant!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:52 PM
Thank you! One more feature that was in The Sims2 Stories that I missed in the Sims 2!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 5:12 PM
I love realistic additions to game. Thanks !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 11:30 PM
Why didn't someone think of this mod before! Genius!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 12:49 AM
Long needed..always seems silly when at the swimming pool to lose hygiene..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 5:27 AM
Someone already made this, but they never made it an official upload, just a line on a WCIF post. I'm guessing yours will be the same same as what I already have. It's called 'swimming gives hygiene points' and the read me says replaces BHAV 200A "Swim - SetMotives" Thought you might want to know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 1:03 PM
@joandsarah77 I can't say if it's the same without looking at it. There are many ways to make motives go up, and each works a little differently. No doubt they both give hygiene, but how it's done might vary
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 9:32 PM
I can upload it to box if you want to look at it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 10:44 PM
If you or someone else that uses it wants to know if there is a difference then I'll be happy to look at it and find out for you, but I don't need to look at it for my own sake
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Dec 2016 at 10:32 PM
Thankks its makes a long time that I wanted a mod that does this
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 2:53 AM
Makes sense. Thanks for the option.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 1:12 AM
Thank you!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 12:31 AM
This is brilliant! I just made some were-shark Sims and was puzzling over how to meet their hygiene needs logically. This is exactly what I needed, thank you so much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 9:19 PM
@Ghostfishe Let me know if you'd like a version that lets hygiene go all the way up It's an easy fix, and I imagine you might want it to if it's for supposed ex-shark Sims.

To everyone that wanted a version that separates pools, oceans and lakes, I've been really busy with studies and haven't had time to look at it yet. But I haven't forgotten, I'll look at it when I have time
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 1:29 AM
A version with separate hygiene gain for oceans and pools/lakes is now available. I was unable to separate gain between pools and lakes, but I was able to separate oceans from the rest. In that version Sims gain hygiene a little quicker in pools/lakes, and hygiene caps out sooner if swimming in the ocean.

@CatherineTCJD Tagging you so you see that there is a new version. Hope you like it! Let me know if you want help setting the gain rates or caps differently, wasn't sure how you wanted them so I went with what I felt made sense.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 3:28 AM
OOOOOH!!! Yes This looks perfect, indeed. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2