Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 4:30 AM
Default Let's Play The Sims 2 Prettacy! (This will be a long one)
Hello! I'm that one person on youtube that constantly makes The Sims 2 vids, despite it being an old game! I have several shorter let's plays on my channel (The Sims 2 Asylum and The Sims 2 Scholarship challenge for example). And I feel like by now I'm ready for a longer one again. As there's barely an audience for The Sims 2 stuff, I decided to venture outside of official forums and also drop a thread here if nobody minds. So far there's 9 parts in the let's play and I upload 2 parts each weekend. Suggestions are always welcome in the comments

but for now, here's existing 9 parts:

making the character, building a little house, getting a job, greeting some potential spouses

going on a date with a guy. Audio gets weird because youtube claimed copyright on The Sims 2 radio station music and I had to remove it ;_;

happy couple goes on another outing because we have a free food coupon

Appleby gets a man on the side, Gillbert fails at cheating on his wife.

THANK GOD sims can't tell when the child that is born is not theirs.

Gillbert turns into a witch, there's a mystery of inventory pies and our first child gets born in a rather sad place.

pregnant again! Near death experiences left and right!

my boyfriend interrupts my let's play multiple times in funny ways, we get a couple of birthdays and I swear too much.

promotion, a baby! Well more than just a baby! This was a big surprise!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 4:17 AM
New episodes are out! Welcome to toddler hell, this week we focus on survival!

We hire a maid for that extra bit of help, hope to not lose our jobs and teach these kids about talking and walking before they age up.

We get a kitten, age up everyone to children and arrange a visit from our auntie. Now all we need is to survive till teenagerhood to finally wave this plot good-bye for a short while and embrace university life
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:25 AM
Was absent for Christmas, sorry! We briefly celebrate new year and get on with our lives.

We try our best to turn our witch boy to an evil witch and pass on his powers before death.

Death came too early, but what kind of inheritance we got! Two days left in childhood now for our youngest children. We may get into a private school, we may not. Either way, next week, watch out university here we come!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 5:29 PM
My voice was a bit strained this recording, but it still should be fine enough to listen to

We live out our last few days at home before heading to college, adopt a cat, retire our matriarch and engage in some teen romance.

Welcome to college! We observe the faces, personalities and interactions of our future heirs, try to decide their majors and mingle with our dormmates.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 4:46 AM
Got a new microphone! I think I balanced it wrong, next time I'll turn the game audio down by a bit!

We go trough our freshman years establishing plenty of young love and in general having a good time.

Regina! REGINA! REGINAA! What has happened to you? Where are you? In other news, we're now Sophomores.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 2:58 PM

We give our sims some style overhauls and finally propose to Regina! One happy family is on its way!

I KNEW I shouldn't have payed a match maker! Worst match ever! Grimm goes for some guy on guy romance with Jerry instead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 5:02 PM

Time to cheat on our siblings lovers! Let's build some friendship first though, so that they don't notice when we make a move.

The weather is fighting against me, AAAH! But we will succeed nonetheless!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 4:06 PM

We join a house, make sure to keep up with our studies and then throw a graduation party. University life is now officially over!

For the first time ever I attempt to do a house building video. This way I can show you the build parts without it taking too long and dragging on. The house shape is now completely what I want it to be, but the inside and the gardens around it still need lots of work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:26 PM

Grimm marries, a fire breaks out and our cat runs away.

Grimm gets alien pregnant, his mother dies and our cat comes back! You gain some, you lose some.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 5:57 AM

Accident moves in. Some kinky cheating goes on. They all get jobs (including cats). Grimm gives birth to alien babies.

Grimm's life ends. First it ends in the tragical betrayal of love way. Then it literally ends. And then some more people die. And more. It's a massacre. But hey, the house is free for our real heir to move in now!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:25 PM
Regina moves in, we go through hell that is called toddler years and we get our precious Princes Leah and Wonderwoman into a private school. Next week, a vacation!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 5:04 PM
Skipped a week of recording due to a throat infection, sorry everyone! This week we all fly to have a holiday in the Takemizu village!

We go on our first tour - it does not go great. To counter that we go out and buy a lot of clothing and accessories!

I don't think that these guys could have gotten worse tours than these. Bees AND poison ivy?! Also nearly starving to death for the win! All in all a very memorable holiday!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 4:19 PM
Time to focus on getting turned into a supernatural and perhaps also getting us a legacy baby father!

Ian can father children AND is a vampire! Meaning he is absolutely perfect for us! Time to fall in love!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 3:29 AM
We visit our bakery, give birth to a child, get turned into a witch and witness a couple of birthdays!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 11:10 PM
We focus on making Shakira into a good witch. Meanwhile Regina focuses on surviving her pregnancy. There are a few of promotions and other expected and unexpected things in between!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 4:04 PM
Brithdays (a very sucky birthday in fact), promotions, gardening and crafting!

Instructor
#17 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 10:08 PM
Thanks for an interesting Let's Play ! I love the incorporation of super naturals!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Thanks for an interesting Let's Play ! I love the incorporation of super naturals!

Thank you! I tend to do what people suggest me to do. Some people wanted supernaturals, so here we are

Our perfect tri-supernatural is born! A vampire, a plantsim AND a witch! Also cowplant has now claimed its first victim!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 2:31 PM
In case someone is following my The Sims 2 videos directly from this thread - no The Sims 2 this week, because my boyfriend needed to reinstall his operating system and he did not reinstall The Sims 2 yet. The save file is safe though so we should be able to proceed as normal next week. Sorry about that

I tried to upload an extra episode of The Urbz to make up for it at least somewhat
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:18 PM
Extra long episode. We go from having 7 sims in the household, to having 2. I think we're ready to switch generations now.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th May 2017 at 7:08 PM
We plan out the rest of Shakira's and Regina's lives, but Regina just has to go and do something stupid! So welcome Regina 2.0! Oh and we also send the whole of Generation 3 to college.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th May 2017 at 3:41 PM
We get Allucard a wife based on nothing but sexual attraction and we have a fire!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th May 2017 at 4:43 PM
I work hard to get Bee Bubbles a boyfriend and a cow comes along and ruins it all with one interaction. Either way we get through Sophamore, Junior and half of the senior year.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th May 2017 at 1:21 PM
We're abandoning the old house. In order to abandon it I wrote a story. So this is the tragic tale of Bee Bubble's end and how Shakira became the gravekeeper.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 1:49 PM
Regina is a vampire no more, Disaster gets adopted back in, Wonderwoman finds true love and we manage 3 separate houses on one lot!

Page 1 of 2