Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 12:31 AM
Default I have such bad luck with universities.
I have such bad luck with universities. I was just remembering in sims2 I worked my university lot for a while just fine then one day the game started to refuse to load up the university lots, freezing and crashing. Then in sims 3 again, when I send sims to a university lot the load screen just gets stuck in loading. even with CC removed or decreased it gets stuck loading. even with small families it gets stuck loading. so between sims2 and sims3 Ive only spent one month of my years of playing actuly successfully playing on a university lot. just a random story that came to mind. not sure what can be done to help, Ive run the game with and without CC, done all kinds of changes, it just never loads.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 8:40 AM
I would also suggest NRaas Traveler, together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap if you don't currently have all three, in order to help smooth out travel transitions like that.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:10 AM
I sent my gen 2 legacy heir to university, did just the one term and on the day she was supposed to go back I went to the admin office and enrolled for another term, then saved the game. Well, the game still tried to send her home while at the same time trying to get her to stay, I guess? It glitched out when she grabbed her suitcase and put the game in some awful, no sim, no loading screen limbo. Exited and reloaded the game a few times, same result all the time. Thank goodness I made a new save file when I sent her to uni and was able to fall back on right before she enrolled. After that I said, "Screw it, Rose doesn't need a degree."

Icon made by me!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nbalchemist
I sent my gen 2 legacy heir to university, did just the one term and on the day she was supposed to go back I went to the admin office and enrolled for another term, then saved the game.

I didn't even know you could do that. Technically the term isn't "over" until your sim(s) return home, so I think I could see why this glitched out. Why there isn't a block on the enroll command I have no idea, but it seems like there should be.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I didn't even know you could do that. Technically the term isn't "over" until your sim(s) return home, so I think I could see why this glitched out. Why there isn't a block on the enroll command I have no idea, but it seems like there should be.

She needed one term of max credits and a second term of middle credits on the slider thanks to the aptitude test and I thought I was being smart and avoiding the loading screen, since the option was there. I didn't want to have her go for two terms of max credits, who knows what happens to those extra ones? I don't. Or three terms. I thought I had a great idea, but it ended up being the worst glitch I've ever come across in recent memory.

Icon made by me!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 3:30 AM
how long do you wait for the world to load? sometimes my worlds can go over 20 min. possibly longer, but it eventually opens.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 6:01 AM
wow 20 min is a long time too load I would go nuts.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:33 PM
It takes like 15 mins for me, everytime i have to load a new world i'll usually go do something else in the meantime, but it does load eventually. Loading time is shorter if you have worldcaches in their files, but they do take lots of space.
Alchemist
#10 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
wow 20 min is a long time too load I would go nuts.

That would give plenty of time to go fix a cup of coffee and a sandwich. Anyway, I play in medium sized - occasionally in large sized - worlds and the loading time of a town for me is about 5 minutes, even with large amount of cc. Also, I hardly ever delete the world cache files; can't remember when I would've done that the last time.