Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 2:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Everybody wants to put the baby to bed
So this is an issue I've run into in several games, but it's most noticeable right now because I'm playing a legacy with a large family, but every time there is a baby or babies in the house, everybody wants to pick them up and put them in the crib.

It's gotten to the point where sometimes a sim will pick up the baby to put it in the crib and then set it down on the way there so someone else can pick up the baby to put it in the crib and so on. It's like a game of pass it on, and everybody wants to put the kid in the crib and nobody actually follows through with it.

It's especially a problem when trying to age them up and nobody will leave the kid alone long enough for it to do the age-up animation. There are currently 6 teen/adult sims in the household plus the baby, and it's not unusual to see all of them with the 'put baby in crib' interaction queued.

I haven't been able to find any information about this here or in general on google, it seems normally people have just the opposite issue.

I hesitate to call this a bug because it doesn't completely wreck things, but it does interfere with gameplay and it seems a little abnormal for all of them to be doing this, even sims who have the 'dislikes children' trait.

Has anyone else run into this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 3:29 AM
Yeah this problem is pretty annoying. What I do in my games to try and fix this is lock the baby's room and put so only the parents can come in. This way it keeps everyone out. Hope this helps
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 2:41 AM
I think I may end up doing just that- it's odd that they never developed a workaround for something so simple. I wonder if the fun outputs for childcare interactions are super high? I'll have to fiddle around with Retuner and see if I can find anything.
Site Helper
#4 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 6:02 PM
For my families, it's putting the kid in the high chair, and then having everyone try to feed them. I posted in another thread a while ago when I had everyone in the house giving the kid two bowls of cereal before the dad came back, pulled the kid out of the high chair, and then stole candy from him. Since the vampire dad was willing to read stories to his son in the garden in broad daylight next to some sunshine dropped by sunflowers, I decided that the candy stealing was more along the lines of "I don't know which of you dolts gave him this, but he's NOT HUNGRY!"

I had to sell that high chair.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 2:17 AM
@ghost sdoj Ohhhh! Now I remember why Ihad this nagging dislike of the high chair. I used them once and seriously, never again. Wow though, I didn't realize it would make vampire sims completely lose all self-preservation instincts, lol. Big scary vampire risking his life to read stories to his kid. Awwwwwww. ;D

I also had to stop using the baby mat, and I did check out the tuning on most of these items, from what I can tell, it seems like carrying the kid is advertising an output of 75, vs. putting them in a crib/play mat is advertising 200. I tried tweaking in Retuner last night to make them even but I didn't have a lot of time to test it so hopefully I can check into that tonight and see.