Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 9:52 PM
Default No "EA Games" folder in My Documents
So I reinstalled the Sims 2 Ult Collection again after a while from it not working.

(Previously it didn't fully launch due to some misplaced files and some corrupted CC)

When I reinstalled it, after it downloaded and booted up, I noticed there was no sound and when I got into the game, there were no neighborhoods. I went into my documents folder and saw that the EA Games files wasn't there, and there was no folder for the Sims 2.

This may be because it said I didn't have enough disk space and it said problems may occur (even though i have lil over 100g free)

Even if I try helping it by making an EA Games folder, nothing happens. My guess is that this is a faulty install, but just incase someone else has had this problem, I'm still posting
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 10:12 PM
You say you have UC. Before you just reinstalled did you do a full and complete uninstall? If a corrupted install was your original problem it could be affectin your current one as well.

My suggestion would be to use Revo Uninstaller and then try reinstalling.

My very first install from Origin was corrupted, and then so was my second as I hadn't totally uninstalled the corrupted install. I was then pointed at Revo, as I'm doin to you, and my 3rd install worked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
You say you have UC. Before you just reinstalled did you do a full and complete uninstall? If a corrupted install was your original problem it could be affectin your current one as well.

My very first install from Origin was corrupted, and then so was my second as I hadn't totally uninstalled the corrupted install. I was then pointed at Revo, as I'm doin to you, and my 3rd install worked.

yeah, i fully uninstalled, also defragged after. i'll give that a shot though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 5:39 PM Last edited by DNSoulXx : 6th Feb 2017 at 6:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

welp, after 10 days of trying out figure out what was wrong.i realised that my region was set on japan (for a touhou game) and since i guess the game region was set in america and my pcs was in japan it messed up the download
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 7:56 PM
Stop reinstalling that can make you troubles. Always go into Origin, right click on the UC and select repair. Make a backup first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 11:55 PM
Sims 2 doesn't install properly with japanese locale. It is very old known issue. There has been threads about it on MTS.