Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighborhood Protection - No Vampires!

by Tanja1986 Posted 29th Jan 2017 at 1:25 AM - Updated 23rd Mar 2017 at 11:05 PM by Tanja1986

189 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 8
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 2:26 AM
I have a question.

I am using MC Command and upped the population. Are Sims that are "Not in World" generated by walkbys....the very files you changed? If so, unless I live or visit Forgotten Hallows I should not see anymore vampire Sims generate...correct? I just want the original three vamp Sims to stay in Forgotten Hallow. I don't need 100+ immortal vampires in my game...lol! That's exactly what I wanted because my game was generating a lot of vampire Sims.

Also...

I don't want anymore vamp Sims to walkby in Forgotten Hallow either...how would I change that. I know a little about xml and tuning in The Sims 4 studio.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:03 AM
I had Vlad die in my game, because he apparently decided to work in one of the food stalls during daytime.
If only this mod were made before that happened. But thanks, this will prevent any further untimely vampire deaths.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drpepper
I have a question.

I am using MC Command and upped the population. Are Sims that are "Not in World" generated by walkbys....the very files you changed? If so, unless I live or visit Forgotten Hallows I should not see anymore vampire Sims generate...correct? I just want the original three vamp Sims to stay in Forgotten Hallow. I don't need 100+ immortal vampires in my game...lol! That's exactly what I wanted because my game was generating a lot of vampire Sims.

Also...

I don't want anymore vamp Sims to walkby in Forgotten Hallow either...how would I change that. I know a little about xml and tuning in The Sims 4 studio.

Since MC Command Center is a script mod I do not see any reason why it should not work together.

You raised the population in the worlds and I simply deleted all the source code that was for vampire walkbys and vampire ringing the doorbell! Now I could be wrong and MC does indeed do something to these tuning files. I am not sure. I will need to test it for a little while with the same setting as you do, to see what it does to the tuning files! Because as soon as you add a tuning file, it overwrites any other files that does the same. In a very bad scenario, in one tuning file the vampires are rejected for Ask for Permission to drink and the other tuning file allows it, guess who wins? The tuning file in which they are not allowed... I was breaking my head with that before until I realized that I had twice the same tuning file and both were a little different. But again MC is a script mod and should normally not interfere with tuning mods.

The Truth is out there!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:52 AM
how do you get vampires in your game?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cteNsxyMe
how do you get vampires in your game?

You have to buy the new Gameplay Pack, called Sims 4 Vampires. It's out since a few days already.

The Truth is out there!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 5:34 AM
Thanks for this!! I haven't seen any Vamps in my "normal" game yet, but better to be safe than sorry ;)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 8:06 AM
Thanks a lot, I was waiting for something like that!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 12:00 PM
Thank YOU!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 12:17 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 4:54 PM
Thank you! I wasn't sure about buying this pack because I want certain saves to be vampire free so I'm so happy that this exists now!

Question: Would it be possible to make a version to disable vampires entirely? Even in the new world? Just wondering...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:43 PM
The majority of my Sim's co-workers in the scientist career are vampires, so this is a great mod! Thanks!

Question: How will this impact vampires to whom my Sim has given an apartment key? Will they still visit?
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 10:42 PM
Hi there, not to complain of course, as I understand that time and effort goes into these mods, but cracking this open in S4S reveals that Walkby_DesertOasis_RetroSuburbs_OpenStreet resource file has an error, and that line 323 does not have the proper closing tag. I've also attached an image of it in S4S. It will most likely generate error files, which can lead to save bloat, since many people don't understand how to fix mods on their own.
Screenshots
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 12:47 AM
Thank you so much! This is just what I have been waiting for!
Scholar
#15 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Green's Sims
Hi there, not to complain of course, as I understand that time and effort goes into these mods, but cracking this open in S4S reveals that Walkby_DesertOasis_RetroSuburbs_OpenStreet resource file has an error, and that line 323 does not have the proper closing tag. I've also attached an image of it in S4S. It will most likely generate error files, which can lead to save bloat, since many people don't understand how to fix mods on their own.

Works for me.
Scholar
#16 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:51 AM
Thanks for making this. It's almost perfect! Vampires show up on camping trips still --- Actually, he's in a uniform and I think he might be the ranger. Considering it's an outdoor day job, maybe that's not the best match.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Green's Sims

Thank you for the hint! I just fixed the file and re-uploaded the mod. Please everyone delete it with your localthumbcache.package and add the new version.

The Truth is out there!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
Thank you for the hint! I just fixed the file and re-uploaded the mod. Please everyone delete it with your localthumbcache.package and add the new version.

You might want to put something about this in the description of the mod, since most people don't read through all the comments...

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Inventor
#19 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aninhas103
Thank you! I wasn't sure about buying this pack because I want certain saves to be vampire free so I'm so happy that this exists now!

Question: Would it be possible to make a version to disable vampires entirely? Even in the new world? Just wondering...

Thank you for this awesome mod!!

I second the request about disabling vampires in every world. If you could add a second version this would be totally awesome!

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
Thank you for this awesome mod!!

I second the request about disabling vampires in every world. If you could add a second version this would be totally awesome!

Yeah, I have a few story ideas for Forgotten Hollow that unfortunately doesn't involve vampires, so it would be indeed awesome. I know a lot of people on the official forums would be happy about an option like this too since they have been asking for basically a toggle to disable vampires (and other supernaturals).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 4:25 PM
Great job!!! Really needed!!! THANK YOU
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 6:34 PM
I've uploaded the wished for No Vampires for Forgotten Hollow. I deleted all Vampire scenarios, like vampires walking around, even the ones who live in Forgotten Hollow.

The Truth is out there!
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Thanks for making this. It's almost perfect! Vampires show up on camping trips still --- Actually, he's in a uniform and I think he might be the ranger. Considering it's an outdoor day job, maybe that's not the best match.

Hmm I checked the Camping ground file but they did not add vampires in it so I cannot delete them there. Are you sure you don't use MC Command Control and the career module? Because this will assign inGame sims to ordinary jobs, I use the mod and I have seen people like Don Lothario standing behind the City Living food cabins! I checked a few files, but cannot find any trace of vampires in them.

The Truth is out there!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
I've uploaded the wished for No Vampires for Forgotten Hollow. I deleted all Vampire scenarios, like vampires walking around, even the ones who live in Forgotten Hollow.

Wow, thank you so much!! Do I have to have the two versions for no vampires at all? Or does the Forgotten Hollow version includes the other worlds as well?
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aninhas103
Wow, thank you so much!! Do I have to have the two versions for no vampires at all? Or does the Forgotten Hollow version includes the other worlds as well?

You have to have both! I thought it's a little variety for people who may only want other worlds or only FH to be vampire free So yes to your question it's optional, both go hand in hand!

The Truth is out there!
Page 1 of 8