Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dark Meditation and Dark Energy - Two Vampire Mods (UPDATED INFO: MARCH 3RD 2024)

by Chaavik Posted 29th Jan 2017 at 2:12 AM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 2:15 AM by Chaavik : Updated Info For March 2024

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:02 AM
Welcome back Chaavik Thanks for the mod :3
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:41 AM
Thanks! Good to be back!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 9:10 AM
Thank you
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 5:09 PM
You're welcome
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 6:10 PM
Thaanks :D
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:07 PM
Updated to include a new flavor pack for the "Energized" buff gained after using Dark Meditation!

And thank you too
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:30 PM
How nifty to see you modding again!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 4:32 AM
Thanks Got back into modding for a bit even though it's a few years late! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
Thanks Got back into modding for a bit even though it's a few years late! :D

Better late than never. Going to enjoy extending the time on my dark meditation, with my grandmaster vampire, With the extended energy pool to draw from, EA default I only gain about a quarter of my bar each time I meditate. It's a real pain in the *** like my husband can be at times...

Going to be adding 2 & 1 to my game as well. So thank you!
Still I am keeping an eye open for removing the timer for training/sharing Lore with other sims, I could see it being blocked if the target or myself have low energy for training, but the lore is just speaking, and shouldn't have a cool-down for it.

*** = NECK!

Edit: Dang it, this was supposed to be a thank you post grr... LOL
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 5:57 AM

I know how that feels too!! With Vampires installed for Sims 4, I am playing this more than my poor Vampires in Sims 2. I seem to only play supernatural Sims more than Human Sims for some reason..
Instructor
#12 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:27 AM
Oh gosh yes! I loved Nrass Master Controller for Sims 3, my sim was a Genie, Vampire, Fairy, Witch combo! Loved it! Rain? no problem, Genies don't get wet... LOL

Little ranting of my own...
I love the interactions in Sims 4 better than any of the other Sims games, BUT these blasted loading screens has me playing like I did in the Sims 2 all over again... NEVER going anywhere. Every time I want to go somewhere, it's a 2-5 minute loading screen, in the sims 3 Load for 10 minutes, go anywhere in town... LOL Disliked Sims 4 Get to work pack, cause it doesn't feel right for the jobs. There aren't any pulling an all nighter, and not having to work the next day, it's set hours, and choose 1 of 3 stupid things to do to progress through the day... erm... How many times do I have to invent the simray? And my favorite job for Sims 3 was the singer career. I could sit at the park all day singing for tips to progress...
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:54 PM
I think you can do that. I saw a Sim singing in the park in San Myshundo. From what I read about earning tips that way, level both singing and guitar skills and send the Sim "downtown" to sing for money. There is an Entertainer career similar to what the Sims would do making money on the street, but I haven't explored that career yet. I'm doing 1 career at a time to fully explore the branches and checking out the rewards.

The loading times were pretty quick for me. Sounds like you have a mod conflict somewhere in there because it happened to me once before, and I did the 50-50 dance to narrow down the issue to one outdated mod. The Get To Work careers (scientist and doctor) weren't too bad, but if you don't have the Daywalkers mod from TwistedMexi, your Vampires will definitely have problems doing tasks outside. I use Coolspear's mods for both scientist and doctor careers because it's more fun to play that way than EA way.

There is one idea I have brewing in my head, but I have to learn what animations are needed for it, and I'm not an animation expert...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 4:59 AM
I'm not sure if it's this mod, but I was able to do the long meditation twice, then the vampire option when I clicked on my Sim was gone. I removed it just now to see what would happen. Update later.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 11:15 PM
That shouldn't happen unless you're using another mod affecting Vampire interactions or editing the same resource files like mine did. Check to make sure you don't have any conflicting mods installed.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:00 AM
Thanks for these, Chaavik.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:03 PM
Good to see you back!
I will use flavor 2. BUT I love that you have Flavor 6! ** Pescado style **
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
Good to see you back!
I will use flavor 2. BUT I love that you have Flavor 6! ** Pescado style **

Thanks, Jym! Gotta give Pescado credit for being the one and (probably) only guy who can make his Sims beg to get out of his game.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 5:26 PM
So far the new Bowling pack has nothing to affect the Vampire mods I posted in this thread and the other thread.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 12:50 AM
Hoorray for lots of choices!! I'm trying the 1st mod with 4th buff, sounds perfect to me. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:51 PM
apparently i can not dark meditate any more.. every time i try to the vamp just stands there and do nothing..even i am not sure on which mod is conflicting with it..
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 2:13 AM
I think it has to do with a mod conflict affecting Vampires themselves. If you are using weerbesu's cheats mod, make sure it is updated to 1.9. He stated that he had the same problem and wound up updating the cheats mod. Check that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:30 PM
this mod is amazing, but with the new pets is broken and the option dark meditation is gone
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:03 PM
the mod is broken..please update it since i like this mod a lot
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:31 PM
I don't have Pets yet to be able to fix the mods. I'm hoping to get the expansion pack this week. Keep an eye out for update info here.
Page 1 of 3