Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire XP Gain Mods - Two Types of Mods (UPDATED INFO: DECEMBER 13TH 2023)

by Chaavik Posted 6th Feb 2017 at 7:10 AM - Updated 13th Dec 2023 at 6:09 PM by Chaavik : Updated Info For December 2023

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 7:29 AM
very clever
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 8:14 AM
Wow, this sounds neat! Thank you for making it.
One question though, and forgive me if I'm stupid... does this conflict with linkster123's Vampire Weakness Point removed/reduced mod? I've compared the xml-lists specified in both mods and they don't seem to overlap, but then again what do I understand about these things? Recolour I can do, mod, no. XP
Having both in my game sounds absolutely perfect though, especially after the debacle with my first vampire. So here's hoping.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 8:25 AM
No, there is no conflict between these mods and Linkster123's mod. I checked the files myself. His mod only modifies the number of weakness points Vampires get when they gain ranks. I use his mod too!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 11:09 AM
Marco 50 posted on official site a request: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_15515170
Could be done a mods that slow the process?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
No, there is no conflict between these mods and Linkster123's mod. I checked the files myself. His mod only modifies the number of weakness points Vampires get when they gain ranks. I use his mod too!

Ooooo! :lovestruc Thank you so much! And thank you also for replying so quickly, that's just amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 1:56 PM
Very nice mods. Love the different options you give players. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
Marco 50 posted on official site a request: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_15515170

I will post a mod to do that just if this user doesn't create one hahaah n.n

That Marco is me. xD
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 5:43 PM

Hello, I'm sorry for asking this but, Could incresed the XP gained per reading books and look for vampire secrets too?

Those are the only files I can't find. :/
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:14 PM
I will look into those and see if they actually give Vampires any experience reading Vampire-related books and researching on the computer tonight.

Catalina_45:

Sure, I can do one. The EA values were very small numbers that only 1 mod will be sufficient to slow down the experience gained. More than 1 mod to slow it down will be pointless.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:16 PM
Originally Posted by catalina_45

Quote: Originally posted by Marquillotuca89
I will post a mod to do that just if this user doesn't create one hahaah n.n
That Marco is me. xD

I posted here only for trying to help the user, not because I need for myself.
One thing discovered today Marco50=Marquillotuca89
Have a good day
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:23 PM
I've been experiencing this same problem. I'm so excited you made this mod to fix this issue!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:46 PM Last edited by Chaavik : 6th Feb 2017 at 7:38 PM. Reason: Updated Info
Thanks, catalina_45. I thought so too.

I went ahead and uploaded 2 versions that will make gaining XP hard(er) toward the next Vampire rank, meaning it takes long(er) to level a Vampire. I thought I would do 1 but saw I could do 2 instead. So, without further ado, there's a variety to choose from here.

Edited:

I took a look at the Vampire Lore books. None of these books give XP toward Vampire ranks. They are basically skill books to level Vampire Lore, a new skill for any Sim (Vampire or not) to take up if they're interested in all things related to Vampires.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
Originally Posted by catalina_45

I posted here only for trying to help the user, not because I need for myself.
One thing discovered today Marco50=Marquillotuca89
Have a good day

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 9:53 PM

I took a look at the Vampire Lore books. None of these books give XP toward Vampire ranks. They are basically skill books to level Vampire Lore, a new skill for any Sim (Vampire or not) to take up if they're interested in all things related to Vampires.

Mmmm, that's what I found too, but in my game studying Vampire Lore Skill make a vampire gain XP. I'm going a little bit crazy.

Can I make a suggestion?

Maybe you could add more flavors to the mod, something like: x2, x3, x4 and x5.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 11:10 PM
Great idea! Very creative! Thanks so much <3
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 12:23 AM Last edited by Chaavik : 7th Feb 2017 at 2:16 AM. Reason: Updated Info
I will do further testing, but I will not guarantee anything until I see concrete evidence the Vampire Lore books actually give XP toward the next Vampire rank for Vampires.

Edited:

On further testing with a new Vampire using the VampireXPGainx2 flavor, the Vampire gained a rank and half from performing all of the interactions that did give XP. She did not have Child of the Moon power in testing. Then I equipped her with the Master of Darkness power (3/3), she seemed to gain a bit more XP from these interactions including reading the Vampire Lore books. The interval at which she gains XP seemed to be based on the discoveries she learned from reading all of the Lore books. Each book average 60 to 90 Sim minutes, giving fairly enough time to gain some decent XP with the x2 flavor installed. But, I am thinking about lengthening the amount of time to read these Lore books to make it worthwhile to gain XP.

This is what I gathered by observation:

Vampire Interactions That Give XP:

- On Computer: Search For Information On Vampires
- On Target Sim: Request Vampiric Training
Vampiric Spar
Drink Plasma.../Compel For a Deep Drink
/Compel For a Small Drink
/Ask For Permission to Drink
Vampire.../Turn Into Vampire
- On Self Sim: Vampire.../Dark Meditation
- Vampire Lore Books (All levels): Seems to give bonus XP for every discovery
- Child of the Moon power (leveled to Master of Darkness): Seems to give more XP for performing interactions

Vampire Interactions That Do not Give XP:

- On Target Sim: Brood about being a Vampire
Show Off Powers
Discuss Plasma Flavors
Gossip about Ancient Vampires
Recall Mortal Life
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 4:22 PM
no work for me
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 8:22 PM
Why didn't it work for you?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 1:17 AM
I installed "Harder" version but my vampires are getting XP even faster than without mod. Please,make one "Very hard" version,i don't want learning process and gaining XP to be that easy. Do you know if there is a mod which allows reset vamp level,gained powers and wicknesses? And thank you so much for your effort !!!! <3
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:19 AM

Edited:

On further testing with a new Vampire using the VampireXPGainx2 flavor, the Vampire gained a rank and half from performing all of the interactions that did give XP. She did not have Child of the Moon power in testing. Then I equipped her with the Master of Darkness power (3/3), she seemed to gain a bit more XP from these interactions including reading the Vampire Lore books. The interval at which she gains XP seemed to be based on the discoveries she learned from reading all of the Lore books. Each book average 60 to 90 Sim minutes, giving fairly enough time to gain some decent XP with the x2 flavor installed. But, I am thinking about lengthening the amount of time to read these Lore books to make it worthwhile to gain XP.

I tried to do it, but my game just went crazy. That interval seems to be a little tricky.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:06 AM
Thanks, Chaavik. Loving the funny pics.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celestia
I installed "Harder" version but my vampires are getting XP even faster than without mod. Please,make one "Very hard" version,i don't want learning process and gaining XP to be that easy. Do you know if there is a mod which allows reset vamp level,gained powers and wicknesses? And thank you so much for your effort !!!! <3

Did you download the wrong mod by chance?

If that is not the case, can you can list which interaction(s) gave a fair bit of XP using one of the Hard(er) versions? I will see if I can reduce the XP for just those interactions and upload an alternate version.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Thanks, Chaavik. Loving the funny pics.

You're welcome!!! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 6:09 PM
wonderful! i was looking for something like this :) thank you much!
Page 1 of 2