Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Autonomous Repairs, Trash Salvage, Collect Trash & Mop Puddles

by LittleMsSam Posted 14th Feb 2017 at 2:45 PM - Updated 17th Mar 2023 at 5:44 PM by LittleMsSam : Upload to latest Version

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 3:08 PM
OMG! I was looking for this yesterday. Thank you!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 9:17 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 11:03 PM
Thanks I would've assumed this to be an already established part of gameplay and never noticed it before, but now that I think about it I don't remember ever not telling sims how to take care of their house when it goes downhill. Thanks for fixing that. This is great.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 11:32 PM
Works great! Came into my game to find my Sim repairing the bathroom sink. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:15 PM
Awesome mod worked right away with no delays and so far no stopping from being bored
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:47 PM
Thanks for letting me know that it works I'm always a little afraid that my mods only work in my game :P
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
Thanks for letting me know that it works I'm always a little afraid that my mods only work in my game :P

Amazing mod, so far nothing broke yet in my new game, but I will definitely let you know if sims start repairing autonomously, maybe then I see also more random deaths, because I somehow never saw one LOL...

I am an absolute fan of all things autonomy and wished sims were able to do all these things autonomously. Wouldn't it be fun to see them walk around picking up gem stones or pluck fruits from trees?

The Truth is out there!
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 9:49 AM
Yes, i was already planning to look into gardening files because i always forget to tell my sims to take care of the plants^^
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 8:36 PM
Yes, i was already planning to look into gardening files because i always forget to tell my sims to take care of the plants^^

I always wonder why water is the only autonomous action about gardening. Always was!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I always wonder why water is the only autonomous action about gardening. Always was!

I just modified the files and they are currently in upload queue on mts. The watering was already autonomous but only when the plants are already very dry (red). I changed that to waterable (still green). I will add another Version later so they'll water them when they are dry which will be less frequently than with waterable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 5:32 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 9:12 AM
My pleasure My pleasure My pleasure My pleasure
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 4:15 AM
Does this include expert repair?
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 12:18 PM
I have not tested that but if i remember correctly the expert repair overrides the normal repair in the same xml when the sim has certain skills or traits so it should work with expert repair too
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 2:38 PM
Ok Thank you! Have A great day!
Scholar
#17 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 8:25 AM
Thanks for taking up this mod after mrclopes and babajagaman:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559533

I was very sad when it was not updated.
Inventor
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Thanks for taking up this mod after mrclopes and babajagaman:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559533

I was very sad when it was not updated.

Me too. That's why i tried for hours to get the mod to work again. I had to "steal" a code from the woodworkbench (which sims love to work on) to finally get them to repair autonomously again.
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 1:57 PM
I have not tested that but if i remember correctly the expert repair overrides the normal repair in the same xml when the sim has certain skills or traits so it should work with expert repair too

I can confirm now that it does work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 7:52 PM
once again thanks for creating and sharing :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 8:02 PM
Love your work, can you create a mod that makes my sims pee autonomously without standing around waving and complaining about the need to go.... LOL

Cannot for the life of me see why EA persist in adding this to Sims games!. Can you imagine doing that IRL? lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 6:43 PM
Well, my sims pee autonomously when a toilet is available and i actually let them
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 5:18 PM
Hi LittleMsSam, I hadnt noiced the only toilet in the Household was broken AGAIN! LOLS

For some reason in my game the toilet and the fridge continuously break <sigh> . It is one of the aspects of Sims games (as well as CONSTANT puddles ) that really irks me .
I dabbled in mod creating to try and create a mod to stop it happening it worked briefly but a patch came along and broke it lols. I havent the time or the patience to keep redoing it. Its why I admire and appreciate the work of modders like yourself so much. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:20 AM
Love it!!! The way the game was ALWAYS meant to be!!
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd May 2017 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starby
Love your work, can you create a mod that makes my sims pee autonomously without standing around waving and complaining about the need to go.... LOL

Cannot for the life of me see why EA persist in adding this to Sims games!. Can you imagine doing that IRL? lol

All my Sims use the toilet when they have to go. (free will has to be activated in settings)
Your Sims should be able to use the toilet when they need to go. Maybe you have their FREE WILL disabled in your settings. Only then Sims wont do things autonomous and wave their hands when the needs go down bad.
Page 1 of 2