Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:57 PM
Default How popular would a TS2 reboot be?
Just a theoretical question (something I fantasize about all the time). What if they released a TS2 reboot with all the same features, bug fixes, updated graphics, hardware, and all the best parts of TS3 combined with all expansion packs in the base game? Would you be excited? Do you think it will be more popular than both TS2 and TS3 combined?

What features are most important for a ts2 reboot? For me, obviously it would be a revamp of the CC system...allowing a seamless and easy way to find and create CC.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:10 PM
Depending om what features are copied from TS3... I like TS2 as it is. CASt would be welcome, though. But I definitely don't want the open world as in TS3, where you only can play one family when the whole 'hood is yours. I like how difficult the toddlers of TS2 are when compared with TS3 toddlers. (More I don't know about TS3, I played it for half an hour, then went back to TS2.)

Other than that, I would love to see some new EPs for TS2.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:13 PM
What EPs could they add to TS2 that doesn't already exist?

For me I would love a real terrain expansion pack...like being able to build on a desert, with sand dunes and rolling hills.

Or build an underwater home or even a space station on the moon.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:15 PM
There are very few features in TS3 that I would want. CASt is about it. I just want sims 2 with better graphics and some new EP's. Farm, space, amusement park?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:18 PM
Island Paradise would be a dope thing.
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:31 PM
The Farming EP. I want bee keeping, horses, cows, chickens (I love chickens), more stuff to grow (like corn or potatoes or rice), farm clothes and maybe hairstyles, farm furniture.
(I wrote this before I read Jo's last sentence.)

An EP with more aspirations. I saw Fame in a video and Power isn't finished, Commited Romance, Lazy maybe with 3000 points for the wish Watch TV.

Also, I would love your terrain EP and an underwater community. Click on window > Greet fish > hi!
Alchemist
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:31 PM
Most importantly, it wouldn't break my favorite mods. If they somehow managed that, all I'd really need is a graphics overhaul. Remove the constraints that were necessary in 2004, lot imposters, static skies, reflectionless water... It would also be nice to have a TS4 style buy mode and lighting system,better in game CC management and visitable neighbors.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:41 PM
We do have PBK chickens and potatoes and Becks made corn. But 'real' ones would be nice with proper growing, tending and movement. Also jobs you can use properly such as police, fire and doctor, and not TS3 versions of those, but something you can customize.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:52 PM
That EA would realize that TS2 was their best shot, that they would decide to go back to perfecting it just for us the fans..by simply adding to what's already there, is something I'll always look forward to, or hope.
That would also implies, asking us what we think, would like to see added. Then you're talking.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:32 PM
If they could combine rotational play, big very flexible neighbourhoods with an open neighbourhood, I'd be sold.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:35 PM
Basically, a few bug fixes and a paint job... I'd be happy with that.

And for me to be *very* happy? A way to convert save files from TS2 to the new game... Now I know, that's, like, asking for a pony or something, but how cool would that be? Having my usual sims, with intact behaviour, memories and relationships, in a fancy new game?
Theorist
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:53 PM
I think I'd like some of TS1 features instead. Think about Superstars, Making magic, Pets and so on.
I dislike TS3 with passion. I only tried the base game for a few weeks IIRC.
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:58 PM
I feel like the simming community has already done an outstanding job updating the game for 2017...but if we could fix the original game code to prevent long-term play corruption; allowing an open world play/letting us move Sims between hoods without destroying the game.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:05 AM
If they updated the graphics, especially the neighborhood and lot imposters, and gave me the build mode options from 4, I'd be all over it. Actually, I'd be all over it even without the build mode upgrade. I just want my neighborhoods to be beautiful.
Scholar
#15 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:16 AM
Well, it depends what a graphical improvement would mean. If it meant something like TS4, i.e. a plastic-fantastic universe with sims looking like dolls and blurred textures and over-exaggerated animations then I wouldn’t like it. However I’d put up with graphics (and improve the looks with CC) if they added new interesting features. I’d love CASt, that is the thing I miss the most from TS3. There are other things I’d like to see like improved gardening and more skills, but CASt was my favourite tool.

As for open world, I’d prefer open areas like in TS4 (but fully editable), with like 5 lots active at once, so I could see sims in their backyard or on a community lot, but no story progression and no passing time for other sims (it could be an option for those who want it). With those turned off, nothing would happen other than things that already happen on community lots, i.e. sims interacting with each other and using objects, maybe except seeing them go to work (but they wouldn’t earn money because time for them would be frozen).

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:40 AM
To be honest the idea sound good, but not at the expense of Sims 2 and the players losing "control" of their neighborhoods.
As a player I want full control as to when my Sims age up, and I don't like rabbit holes yes I know the Sims have rabbit holes ( when they go to work ) but with the Sims 2 you can see everything when they enter places.

At this point I will leave good enough alone I love Sims 2 as is, plus there are so many Mods to change or add to the Sims.
The combination of adding a combo of another Sims version with Sims 2 would mean, certain Mods can no longer be use. I will not even dream about that happening,

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#17 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 3:09 AM
I think everyone would have a different idea about "the best of TS3". I like the horses, and that kids can get cereal and sandwiches for themselves, and IIRC it's easier to customize how long each life stage is, but otherwise I can't think of anything I like about the game. I would like to bring back a feature from TS1, where Sims slowed right down when you moused over them, making them easier to click.

As for EPs and new features -- yes to a Farm EP, and I'd like my part-alien Sims to be able to communicate with the other side of their family, perhaps with a playable space station (could be similar to BV, where they just visit but can interact with the Pollination Technicians who visit the neighbourhood).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 3:41 AM
I use a mod, my sims 2 kids can get cereal for themselves.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 5:24 AM
No paperboy each day in the morning. No constant phone calls. (I leave my phones outside on the lots) No barking dogs that dig holes in the yard. No lifeless NPC's that hang out on the lot. (and get in the way)
Less harassment (what were they thinking?) and more freedom to do what you want to do without Maxis creating havoc as a way of Sim-life.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 5:29 AM
Do I need to buy new computer for this? I am happy with my old laptop all things set to medium (to not burn my cores). Graphics chip is wonderful with help from Leefish.
I'd like it only to be made compatible with new operating systems and graphic cards, take out Securom and release a code, so we can build in our sandboxes what everyone want..
Instructor
#21 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:08 AM
Multi-core/multi-thread and 64bit would be happy, along with less corruption.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sarah's jones
No paperboy each day in the morning. No constant phone calls. (I leave my phones outside on the lots) No barking dogs that dig holes in the yard. No lifeless NPC's that hang out on the lot. (and get in the way)
Less harassment (what were they thinking?) and more freedom to do what you want to do without Maxis creating havoc as a way of Sim-life.

Most of that could be solved with the visitor controller. Put the phone on silent.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#23 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 9:00 AM
The one thing I'd really like from Sims 3 is the option to play community lots and the home lot simultaneously. The only thing that comes close to it is Community Lot Time.

I think aside from the content, the price would be an issue. With the UC being available for free, you can't ask too much money for a reboot. At the same time, what you're describing is as much effort as a completely new sims game, so it'd have to be priced accordingly. If EA ever makes something like it, I'd say it'd be something like The Sims 5, with all expansions separately.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 11:16 AM
There isn't much that EA can do to 'reboot' the game where we, the players, haven't already improved on most things. Tiny changes would be welcome, but a reboot with the EA of now as opposed to the EA that originally produced the game? I don't think they would be able to reproduce the same level of humor, creativity and sensitivity that the people from the Sims 2 era did so spectacularly.

Because it's a different generation with a different mindset-and it would not improve the game, but probably degrade it. Want proof?

Sims 4. That's why.

No, you don't mess with a proven success in hopes of 'improving it.' It doesn't work. It didn't for "New Coke", either. Ask the Coca Cola company how their bottom line fared after that particular disaster. If that one had been planned for failure, it was a most classic failure in the sense that they overestimated the idea of changing a classic to become even better, which was not necessary.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#25 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:05 PM
Resource packs perhaos? Like the one's from minecraft: so that you won't need to play a different iteraction of thosw who enjoy better graphics by their taste.
Page 1 of 3