Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 3:13 PM
I would like them update a few things and give it a paint job like an earlier poster said. I would like new EPs and the ones already mentioned sound good. I would like a dedicated supernatural EP with the supernaturals being better than they are. That was one thing Sims 3 really did well. I would like the farm one as well so the animals would move properly, the gardening would be more like Sims 3, and horses. Oh, horses!

I would also love CASt, but someone told me once that would be really difficult to do. But, it's my dream and I can make it the way I want.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:02 PM
As I remember from Sims 3 CAS was my first and biggest disappointment. I was angry that I couldn't make a sim face as I wanted.
The only thing that there was a color wheel for hairs and skins.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 4:15 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 24th Feb 2017 at 5:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
There isn't much that EA can do to 'reboot' the game where we, the players, haven't already improved on most things. Tiny changes would be welcome, but a reboot with the EA of now as opposed to the EA that originally produced the game? I don't think they would be able to reproduce the same level of humor, creativity and sensitivity that the people from the Sims 2 era did so spectacularly.

Because it's a different generation with a different mindset-and it would not improve the game, but probably degrade it. Want proof?

Sims 4. That's why.

No, you don't mess with a proven success in hopes of 'improving it.' It doesn't work. It didn't for "New Coke", either. Ask the Coca Cola company how their bottom line fared after that particular disaster. If that one had been planned for failure, it was a most classic failure in the sense that they overestimated the idea of changing a classic to become even better, which was not necessary.

This is why I said what I said. EA could be adding to what's already there. We could keep our saves. We could be getting more EP & SP...and many new features could probably be added by them, following the engine that is already in place, just as what they've always did when adding new animations, interactions, new EP etc...
And as I was saying, I keep hoping. But it is unlikely that EA will take it back where they left it, just because we'd like that.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Resource packs perhaos? Like the one's from minecraft: so that you won't need to play a different iteraction of thosw who enjoy better graphics by their taste.

This is called Default replacement, when Sims game is concerned

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#29 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:16 PM
I don't want them to change Sims 2. I have my game modded just how I like it. If they did make changes you know it'd break nearly every mod that's out there that fixes the game and the majority of people who made the mods have since moved on which would mean either someone else tryin to update them or doing without them. I dunno 'bout ya'll, but I happen to like all the mods I have and don't want them borked.

Now, if EAxis decided to make a Sims 5 based on Sims 2 and expand outwards from there I'm all for it. However, for me to be interested in a new Sims game it couldn't be changed or altered very drastically. I don't want a lot of 3 and 4 put in that would change it to much from how it is now. Yes, I'd like some changes, but nothing so major that it becomes a watered down version of 2.

I'd like the add a bit more to what already exists in ways such as I don't think I'd care for sliders to manipulate looks, but add in more options in all genetic aspects - skin, hair, eyes, and body size in height and weight. All things we can do now with custom content or cheats.

A wider range of jobs, likes, dislikes, interests, wants, and lifetime wants and have them actually MEAN somethin in the way of the Sims personality.

I want build items that match in color and looks. I want clothing that looks decent in color, pattern, and design. I don't want every females mid section showing or them all to be wearin high heels. Put all the crazy costumes in their own category. Here, again, most of these have been fixed by some CC from some wonderful creator.

I want a game that is at least 95% bug or glitch free so it does not need a mod to fix a problem.

What I'd like is for EAxis to see what our wonderful creators have done to enhance our game play from Criquets wonderful neighborhood stuff, to HP's down to earth untuckables and barefeet clothing line, to Chris Hatches unofficial EP's, to (sorry I can't recall the name) but the creator(s) who've made the additional items for the hobbies and such, and to all the wonderful, totally awesome creators who are to numerous to name everyone that has in anyway helped to make our game that much better and take a page out of their book as to how to improve on the game in the way we the player, the consumer, want.

They are never going to be able to incorporate everything and they are never going to be able to please everyone, but if they'd just try and do what they can to the best of their ability and not give us some half-assed, glitchy, totally mis-matched game. Maybe even go so far at to commission out to the wonderful creators who've already made items to be apart of the creation process.

Yeah, I know I'm dreamin, but I've always been told if ya gonna dream ya might as well dream big.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#30 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I use a mod, my sims 2 kids can get cereal for themselves.

@ joandsarah77 Is it possible to leave the link for kids to get their own cereal please ? My Sims kids seem to always have cereal in their bubbles. thanks

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 10:36 PM
Sorry members about double post here, joandsarah77 must be busy ( She do have a life beside the Sims lol ) she always answer a post, I did some research for the Child Mod for Cereal I think this is what Jo's use ( Not sure )
http://modthesims.info/d/76587 I am not sure how this may work so please use at your own risk.

Scholar
#32 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 10:56 PM
You didn’t tag her properly (you put a space after the @ sign, which shouldn’t be there), so she might have been unaware of the question

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
#33 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 11:48 PM
best way to "improve" Sims2 (base game and/or packs) would probably be for each player to choose which features/items/etc they want.
and the programming/making/etc of those probably be done by modders/hackers rather than by Maxis/EA.
and better if the source code becomes public domain; though it may be a long time from now if that ever happens.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#34 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
You didn’t tag her properly (you put a space after the @ sign, which shouldn’t be there), so she might have been unaware of the question

OIC Thanks

Theorist
#35 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ joandsarah77 Is it possible to leave the link for kids to get their own cereal please ? My Sims kids seem to always have cereal in their bubbles. thanks

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Sorry members about double post here, joandsarah77 must be busy ( She do have a life beside the Sims lol ) she always answer a post, I did some research for the Child Mod for Cereal I think this is what Jo's use ( Not sure )
http://modthesims.info/d/76587 I am not sure how this may work so please use at your own risk.

@joandsarah77

Is that the one you use Jo? Or is there another one? From the agrees on Simonuts first post seems a few of us would also like to have the mod you do :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:46 AM
Yes, that's the mod I use, it allows kids to cook the same meals as anyone else. I just add some self made rules for what kids can make.

@Simonut when you tag make sure there is no gap. I just saw this post now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#37 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 1:46 PM
That depends what you understand as "reboot". A complete "reboot"? (it's The Sims 4 in fact, yeah, I know), refurbished version (gog-like type - recompiled, slightly cleaned, with at least basic wrapper for 64-bit systems), or maybe a new approach to the same 'ol good stuff? (which in fact means: a new game based on the old, loved features, but that would be a complete new project from the scratch).

There's a significant difference between options 1 and 3 - for example, no desire to invent the wheel and fire all over again - if something works, let it be (lack of such attitude made the new game iteration so miserable as it is).

Anyway, with all basic things like better (more detailed, more slots e.g. shoes, hats, jewelery in the separated tree etc.) CAS, better models and animations, colour wheel, maybe a kinda of semi-open world (I'd stress that much), the most importand should be rewritting the code (it's ancient). Or better: rebuilding the project (it's messy) as a whole. WIth freedom to exploit and explore and flexibility of gameplay in the mind.
Also delivering a set of dev tools (instead dropping that on to community back) that would be nice - guys, even Bugthesta is able to deliver, a bit. So...

But I suppouse mmost of players would be completely happy with option 2.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#38 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 1:51 PM
Well.
Nothing for EA to fix, since modders have already done that.
All I (still) want is an EP for elders, with tons of clothes for elder males. At least CatofEvilGenius has saved my elder females She saved some of my elder males as well, but not all of them
Scholar
#39 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Well.
Nothing for EA to fix, since modders have already done that.

well, I'd not be mad if they finally remove that self-destruct options from the game (if no one is able to repair that embarrasing piece of masterpiecing)

It always wondered me why there never was a button for the old good "format c:/" let's be consistent!

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#40 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 5:12 PM
I already have all the TS2 packs separately, and I highly doubt EA would be able to fix all the bugs without adding several more into the mix - but it would probably have been nice to still have the option to get a hard copy of the games. I'd really like to have a backup of the M&G disc, just in case mine decided to stop working (it's held out for around 7-8 years) and UC caused trouble.

I also think it would help bring new players into the game, and keep people playing for longer.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 6:17 PM
It's much too early to even think about a remake. There are still new people trying TS2 as a new game.
But in 10 years, I'd be happy to see a remake. I don't wish to see it mixed with TS3 though, other maybe than some graphical improvement and opening neighborhoods, so that sims would have the opportunity to walk and hang out anywhere and swim in the sea. I don't see any other improvements as necessary, TS2 is pretty complete as it is even now and it wouldn't be TS2 any longer if it were hybridized with TS3 or any other version of the Sims. And I'm a Sims 3 fan, so it's not that I hate TS3. TS2 and TS3 are much too different and mixing them would be a disaster IMO. They're both awesome the way they are.
That would be cool to have it available both for desktop and for tablets. Given how TS2 can now run on even low end computers, I'd expect to have a tablet version available. People could play the sims anywhere !
Forum Resident
#42 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 6:36 PM
I second @Calibrat.

Frankly, I don't want a rebooted Sims 2, I want a sequel. I feel like neither Sims 3 and at this point - Sims 4 are true sequels to TS2. I can think of a few ways that Maxis and EA could create a proper sequel (starting with game mechanics that are much more like what we have, and moving to include new interactions, gameplay and content (WOW!)

Until that shows up, I think I'm sticking to TS2.
Scholar
#43 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candyd
(...) That would be cool to have it available both for desktop and for tablets. Given how TS2 can now run on even low end computers, I'd expect to have a tablet version available. People could play the sims anywhere !

I don’t agree with that. I actually want a TS2 reboot to be designed for high-end computers – so it actually can handle most of the things players want, and have good graphics. I don’t want a repeat of TS4, which not only looks like a tablet game, but it’s full of restrictions and limitations. I don’t want things such as culling just because the game engine can’t handle things, but can run on a weaker machine. Tablets after 10 years will surely be much stronger than now, but I believe that they still won’t be equal to desktops.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 6:52 PM
Not to mention the sale and popularity of tablets are taking a massive dive lately
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 6:55 PM
I don't see a TS2 remake as something that would be fine for high end computers. I mean, in the future, high end computers will be capable of running much more complex games. And then that new game wouldn't be a Sims 2 remake any longer. Rather, a game that finds inspiration in TS2. But in no way that would be the same game.
Theorist
#46 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 7:05 PM
Don't mess with my T2! If you want a watered down sims to play there is always the Stories or the mobil Sims app (sorry can't think of the name as I don't play it.)

While T1 was the original Sims and a very good starting place, T2 was a good next step in progression. On the other hand T3 and T4 were NOT good next steps for T2. I am not sayin they're not good as I'm sure there are many who do like to play them. For me however, T2 is the best of all of them and until such time (if it ever comes) that EA takes the best parts of T2 to create a T5 (or higher) by addin in all the things we've previously mentioned, while at the same time keepin the play style and mechanics basically the same as what we have now. I just want more of what we have now. I want it developed outwards and upwarwds.

Since I don't foresee that happenin any time soon, I am happy that we have modders and creators that love this game as much as me and are willin to do what EA isn't.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 8:46 PM
Because of Sims 4 (and towards the end of Sims 3) I very much doubt the current EA team would capable of rebooting Sims 2 without screwing it up. Yes I would like Sims 2 without all the ways of corruption, but I am cynical towards EA and I imagine they would screw up more than would fix. I would like elements of the The Sims 3 Ambitions EP, gardening and supernaturals more like Sims 3 (the Witches in Sims 3 are better in my opinion),elements from the Island Paradise EP, the ability to separate shoes from outfits, and CASt. However I am cynical that EA would be able to do it (and probably would micro transaction the hell out of it.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:47 PM
I would love to have an extreme sports expansion pack, an indoor rock gym for your sims to climb, which would improve their body and energy. A Skate park, a ski slope, bungie jumping...those types of things. It would be so much fun!
Mad Poster
#49 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:39 AM
Origin. Just ... Origin.

Because Sims 3 Starter Pack came after 2012, Origin is a part of my game. Not as huge a part as SIms 4 ... I can still play Sims 3 offline ... but it's still a looming presence. I see Origin as a necessary evil for Sims 3 and 4, but I kind of like that for now, it's not involved with my Sims 2. This might change if it turns out that in 2020, when some new OS comes out, my disks could have trouble with it and I might have to resort to the UC I have tucked in my Origin account, or some person bent on revenge comes into my house and uses every Sims 1. 2 and 3 disk I have as some sort of wall art, and I might HAVE to use UC. But there is a nice feeling of knowing that for now, I can play my Sims 2 away from the Internet and away from EA's trying to sell me stuff.

I'm divided whether I'd ever want a revamped Sims 2. It would be indeed nice to combine features of 3 and 4 (and 4 does have a couple of great features) and use semi-open worlds. Improve the look of the unmodded Sims. Make the scenery as nice as Sims 3 and use even basic body sliders. I would really like that!

However, as others wrote, I'd doubt it would be compatible with my current Sims 2 setup. As annoying as the glitches with Sims 2 are, we know them. Well, until I find another obscure one! A remake would introduce new and different glitches. EA might even do what it's done with Sims 4 and leave out some of the things we are used to in the original Sims 2 (at least for a time), such as toddlers (until recently) and working cars ... or if it adds to the current Sims 2, it might wind up breaking toddlers and cars.

While movie remakes are sometimes successful, most of the time, they just don't match up to the original film. I would be concerned that Sims 2 Revamped would suffer the same fate.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 11:20 AM
Gazania, I have UC, and I never ever ever even start Origin. You only have to run it once -- to install the game -- then tell it to ignore updates for TS2, and that's it. Last time I logged into my Origin account was when I tried TS4 for a few days. And before that? Ooooh. Months ago... You don't need internet to play the UC.
Page 2 of 3