Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:44 AM
Default Stop aging for entire neighborhood?
Is there a way to shut aging off for an entire neighborhood? I have the Sim Blender, and I always reset everyone to "max days in age group" in each household, but I would just like to globally shut aging off. I don't want anyone to die, or grow up, or what have you.

goderguy
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:47 AM
You can get an individual ageing mod but must set each sim. http://modthesims.info/d/160414 you simply click off or on, on each sims menu. Helpful if you have a baby you want to age and no one else. I don't know of one for the hood. If you use it be careful you don't accidentally click it back to on as I do occasionally click a sim off or on without meaning to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:57 AM
There is option in game settings aging on/off
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
There is option in game settings aging on/off

I looked for that, and did not find it. Is it in the live settings, like a check box? Or is it a cheat?

goderguy
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:22 AM
No, there no option in game to turn aging off except for a cheat and I believe that needs resetting every time you open the lot, like most cheats. That mod is the best thing I have found. Once turned off it will not turn back on unless you click it.

Also, WCIF board. It's above the chat board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:31 AM
Aging off has to be set per household, but I've found that once set for a household it sticks through game loads. Maybe if you entered it in the neighbourhood screen it would turn off all households. Could be something interesting to try.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:32 AM
Aging will stay off on each lot till you change it back. I know because a couple of times when I've had aging off right before a birthday for some reason, I've forgotten to turn it back on before I leave, and the next time I play the lot, and hold a birthday party, the sim ages down six days instead of growing up.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 5:58 AM
I need to correct myself , it is in cheats, open the console Ctrl+shift+c and type in.

@AndrewGloria can say exactly, he has years of experience.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 6:34 AM
Good to know it sticks. I would not be without the individual mod though, but I guess if you don't want any sims to age at all the cheat is probably better.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, there no option in game to turn aging off except for a cheat and I believe that needs resetting every time you open the lot, like most cheats. That mod is the best thing I have found. Once turned off it will not turn back on unless you click it.

Also, WCIF board. It's above the chat board.

I am aware of the WCIF board; I use it quite frequently. I wasn't looking for a mod or hack if it could be done with the existing system. Thanks everyone for the advice. Between the cheat code and the Sim Blender, I will have to do it that way.

goderguy
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 8:40 AM
BoilingOil's slow aging controller at Leefish has an aging off setting. There is a menu option on each sim to customize their aging individually, or you can change the BCON so each type of sim ages as you want - daily, 1x/week, 2x/week, 3x/week, or never. I've edited mine so most sims age 3x/week, but I've got some supernaturals aging more slowly. Changing the BCON so nobody ages would be fairly easy, and BO has instructions on how to do that on the download page:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2419
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
AndrewGloria can say exactly, he has years of experience.
The Aging off cheat does "stick". I turn aging off for each new household soon after I start playing them, and then forget it until I want someone in that household to age up. I did try entering "Aging off" in Neighbourhood View, but it doesn't work. You have to enter it for each household, but once you've done it, aging stays off in that household till you enter "Aging on".

I have never had a Sim die since I started playing in November 2012 -- I've never even seen the Grim Reaper. Nor have I had a Sim age up without me planning it. I've had only 4 birthdays (all of them planned) since I started playing: 1 Toddler to Child, 1 Teen to Adult, and 2 Baby to Toddler. If you never want Sims to die or age up, then the Aging off is the easiest way to do it. You have to remember to enter it in each household, but I've never found that onerous.

One possible alternative if you have Seasons (which I don't have) is danny_power's Real Life mod. Sims do age with it but only at the same rate that we all age. One Sim day is one day -- it takes 365 of them to make a year. So, even if you start playing as a young child yourself, it's unlikely that any of your Sims will accidentally die of old age before you do yourself! I'd be interested to hear from anyone who uses that mod.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 11:03 AM
Inge has a no ageing patch here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm
Pick up the grade suppression fix too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Inge has a no ageing patch here:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm
Pick up the grade suppression fix too.

Thanks! I see some other aging options there too, like setting age length, and birthday cake controllers. Two questions - is it/are they compatible with the Sim Blender? And maybe not totally on topic, but is there a way to play YA Sims if they aren't at University? Realistically, I'd like a YA from 18 - 30, then A from 30-60. Currently, YA are 18-22, then come home from Uni and they are an adult. A 23 year old is vastly different than a 59 year old.

goderguy
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 4:18 PM
Those hacks are compatible with the sim blender.

There is a YA without college hack somewhere. TBH I just increase my adults' life spans and use different clothing, wrinkle facepaint and greying/thinning hair templates to simulate ageing with adults. The YA ageing doesn't make sense to me outside of Uni so I prefer a normal age category.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:56 AM
I've read the whole thread and yet, i do not understand it. lol This is Sims 2..no one ages unless you play them. So something to stop the whole Hood from aging makes no sense to me, as...it is not needed? Can someone explain to me please?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 1:11 AM
I would assume their whole hood is made up of playable sims who get played on rotation, similar to mine.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 1:35 AM
Ok...and? It is still only the active family members who age..so why the need of an all-hood-no-age?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#19 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 1:50 AM
several ways to stop aging (some may have been told in earlier posts)::
-aging off cheat; or aging off option on various hacks (insimenator being one).
-change the neighborhood to a college. I recall this site having a tutorial for that; I do not remember where, but Mootilda posted it.
-change playables to either NPC or some Townie type.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ok...and? It is still only the active family members who age..so why the need of an all-hood-no-age?

So she doesn't have to turn aging off one family at a time. Seems plain enough to me.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Space Pony
#21 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

I might be wrong here but I assume OP does not want the active playable famillies to age at all , and they are asking is there a short/fast way to do it all at once, hoodwide. As allready said the aging off cheat will stick, but you have to do it once with all the families

Edit: I was slow Just what Peni said

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
I might be wrong here but I assume OP does not want the active playable famillies to age at all , and they are asking is there a short/fast way to do it all at once, hoodwide. As allready said the aging off cheat will stick, but you have to do it once with all the families

Edit: I was slow Just what Peni said

You are correct, I want all my Sims to stay the age they were when I created them, not to age up and/or die. I do rotate the families and Sims I play with, but I want the entire neighborhood to stop aging completely, whether I am playing a family regularly or not. I would hope that was pretty clear from the onset, and based on the majority of replies, I would think it was. I did download/install the Inge mods to shut aging off, and to fix the homework/grade issue. We will see how it goes!

PS - I am a he, not a she

goderguy
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 5:51 AM
I probably should've figured that from your name, huh? Sorry. It's rude, but since women are in the majority among simmers, I tend to default to that. I figure even when I'm wrong, it can be salutary for men to be misgendered once in awhile, like the rest of us. Let 'em know how it feels.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 6:03 AM
If you don't have gender marked on your profile you can expect to be called she a lot simply due to the fact most simmers are female, so it's become the default.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 6:18 AM
He has a picture of a guy and is named guy in his username, so that's one I wouldn't screw up lol.
Page 1 of 2