Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Happy Environment Moodlets

by roBurky Posted 1st Mar 2017 at 8:49 PM - Updated 21st Feb 2018 at 12:53 PM by roBurky

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 9:11 PM
Thank you for this, but could you also add a mod for "No Happy Moodlet for high needs"?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 9:34 PM
Thank you so much!! I can give my sims rugs and paintings again...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 9:36 PM
Sadly it seems Zerbu's mod no longer works since the Toddler patch. That means it should not be suggested to download unless someone did not update their game to the newest patch levels. Sad because I would have loved to use Zerbu's mod... But I will happily download your mod to make the life of my Sims a little bit more difficult
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 10:51 PM
Didn't know that I needed this. Thanks for the thoughtful solution to the perfect happy sim problem. I've been fussing about it a lot myself, particularly when they just stand around and smile like morons. Will definitely be helping me to get more personal control of my games and the atmosphere I want to set and it'll be so much nicer having traits affect things more than just environment overpowering everything. THANKS!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
Sadly it seems Zerbu's mod no longer works since the Toddler patch. That means it should not be suggested to download unless someone did not update their game to the newest patch levels. Sad because I would have loved to use Zerbu's mod... But I will happily download your mod to make the life of my Sims a little bit more difficult

Ah. While it didn't work for me, I was under the impression it did work for others. Zerbu doesn't announce it or update his download pages when he updates a mod - you have to check the details on the file on onedrive to see when it was last modified. All of his mods that I've checked have been updated recently, apart from Environment Effect Overhaul.

But! If Zerbu's Lingering Emotions is not working for you, then I might have an alternative for you which I will be uploading soon...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pancakesandwich
Thank you for this, but could you also add a mod for "No Happy Moodlet for high needs"?

It's not something I've been intending on doing. I saw that Shimrod's old Happy Buffs Changed to Fine mod did that as well when I was checking for existing mods that did this one's job, but I don't feel like there's any problem with the high needs moodlet. It's a lot harder to get all needs bars to full than most sources of +1 happy.
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
But! If Zerbu's Lingering Emotions is not working for you, then I might have an alternative for you which I will be uploading soon...

That sounds very promising to me, I am definitely looking forward to your alternative
Thanks for your work roBurky!

The Truth is out there!
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roBurky
It's not something I've been intending on doing. I saw that Shimrod's old Happy Buffs Changed to Fine mod did that as well when I was checking for existing mods that did this one's job, but I don't feel like there's any problem with the high needs moodlet. It's a lot harder to get all needs bars to full than most sources of +1 happy.

Can you possible add the high needs moodlet change to find?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 5:07 AM
This looks more focused and something that I could use. Thank you for taking the time and sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 10:56 AM
"When people complain about sims being overly happy in The Sims 4, I think a good portion of the blame for that can be attributed to the 'nicely decorated' happy moodlets."
more different which gives a buff , still often
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 6:28 PM
Will this mod conflict with Zerbu-Lingering Emotions Mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 6:33 PM Last edited by roBurky : 3rd Mar 2017 at 2:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by katiardguez
Will this mod conflict with Zerbu-Lingering Emotions Mod?

No conflict, and this is a good companion to that mod if it's working for you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 1:56 AM
Thanks a lot for this, I was using Shimrod's mod, but it hasn't been updated in a long time and I fear it will only get more broken as more patches are released (already it's not working 100% anymore, my Sims still occasionally get the happy moodlet from high needs). I absolutely despise the happy moodlet from environment because it is way too OP and tends to mitigate the negative emotions too much. I've been hoping that someone would make an updated version, so this is very much appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 6:26 PM
This is an elegant solution to a problem I didn't know I had (until I read your explanation for the mod, then the light bulb went off.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
That sounds very promising to me, I am definitely looking forward to your alternative
Thanks for your work roBurky!

It's still in the moderation queue on ModTheSims, but you can now get my Lingering Emotions alternative from my new tumblr - Emotional Inertia
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 5:29 PM
Thank you so very much. I am so there if you make another mod related to moods. These environmental mood mods have always been a necessity to me.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 6:14 PM
What's the difference between this and the "Happy Buffs Removed" mod?

~ formerly known as trüffelschaf ~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st May 2017 at 12:11 PM
Yaaay thanks so much!! It has been bugging me for so long that Sims are always happy because of those moddlets, so this mod is just what I needed! :DD
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th May 2017 at 8:17 AM
Tried it with the latest patch and it works just fine
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 6:05 PM
I checked the mod for compatibility with the recent patches, and no changes were necessary. It's still working fine for v1.30.105 / The Parenthood Patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 9:21 PM
This will be so useful. My sims are like "Oh a nice painting? now my terrible schoold day is okay now :)" (also 100th thank)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 11:30 AM
This mod is still working fine in v1.33.38 / The Toddler Stuff Patch.
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:58 AM
Hia. I had a few problems letting my sims woohoo, they went away when I took out the mod. It was with the august-patch in, haven't updated to the lastest september-patch yet. Don't know if you can recreate it, if it works fine in your game I will try a second time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentKitty
Hia. I had a few problems letting my sims woohoo, they went away when I took out the mod. It was with the august-patch in, haven't updated to the lastest september-patch yet. Don't know if you can recreate it, if it works fine in your game I will try a second time.

I don't think this mod could cause any issues with that, and the mod should not need any update at the moment. I suspect it's something else going on. If you keep having a problem, with the latest game patch, and you do narrow it down to this mod, get back to me with some more detail on what you're experiencing, and I'll take another look.
Page 1 of 2